Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know what they changed here. Maybe they reversed the port order. Don’t know, don’t care. Looks fine to me.

1B87DB49-3BC0-47D5-85F4-7197340D0AE6.jpeg

Mardi Gras was scheduled to visit Grand Turk but Nassau has been substituted. I guess Grand Turk is not ready.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

We are staying in Texas City, so I am not too worried about traffic on I-45.  I am worried about traffic at the port with the Vista and the Dream both embarking at the same time.

Dickens On The Strand is also this weekend (Fri-Sun) so even more people/traffic

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, Saint Greg said:

This is going to be my 16th cruise--all on Carnival. This will be my 4th time out of Galveston, my 2nd time on Vista, 12th time to Cozumel, and my 4th time to Belize and Roatan. This will be my 3rd time on a December Christmas themed cruise. I believe the CD is Kyndall Fire. This will be my first time with her as CD.  

4586CD71-F9F7-4755-8008-7BAE287D384D.jpeg

I have sailed the vista twice this year, you will enjoy Kyndall!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelE said:

Mardi Gras was scheduled to visit Grand Turk but Nassau has been substituted. I guess Grand Turk is not ready.

Yeah and I'm a little bummed about that.  Although, it was doubtful Grand Turk was going to happen and I knew it... was just a tiny bit hopeful.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CruiseBro16 said:

@Saint Greg, do you have your mind right for tonight's game?

Not much to it. This is a totally different team than it was a month ago. Top QB, RB, TE, WR, and 3 starting OL out. That’s just on offense. I think we’re on our 4th or 5th kicker this year. Our starter has been out and we haven’t found anyone who can make extra points consistently. A few big losses on defense as well. I hope they win but I don’t expect it at all.

Edited by Saint Greg

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Not much to it. This is a totally different team than it was a month ago. Top QB, RB, TE, WR, and 3 starting OL out. That’s just on offense. I think we’re on our 4th or 5th kicker this year. Our starter has been out and we haven’t found anyone who can make extra points consistently. A few big losses on defense as well. I hope they win but I don’t expect it at all.

I agree. Brett Maher kicked for the Cowboys a couple years ago. I feel the pain. 

12 minutes ago, CruiseBro16 said:

I agree. Brett Maher kicked for the Cowboys a couple years ago. I feel the pain. 

With Dallas he used to make the long field goals and miss the short ones. Tonight he's missing long as well. Wil Lutz is our starter. He's been out all year. We signed Maher. He got hurt. We signed Cody Parkey. He stunk. We signed Aldrick Rosas. He stunk. We signed Brian Johnson. He stunk. We signed Maher. He's stinking. I think we've missed 7 XPs this season. I don't think it'll be a problem tonight because I don't think we have the players to score a touchdown right now.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I do not understand the wearing a Jersey thing. Are you hoping to get pulled off the bench? You suiting up? Is it Halloween, Peter Pan?! 😆🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah, I don't get it either...what kinda loser would wear a Packers jersey on a cruise ship only to see them lose to the 49er's?  Some people !!

Packers losing.jpeg

• Haha 4

On 11/27/2021 at 6:01 PM, Saint Greg said:

For those who don’t follow Sid’s daily thread and don’t check the future cruises link on my signature for daily updates, l booked a cruise to Alaska for June. 

My flights are booked. My Seattle hotel is booked. One excursion is booked. The wheels are in motion. Things are happening!

image.gif.f77c93aac913ab7fcd1b4ab2cbb2c0df.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

what kinda loser would wear a Packers jersey on a cruise ship only to see them lose to the 49er's?  Some people !!

Packers losing.jpeg

I don’t know. You got a good picture him though. I have packers season ticket holders and a packers beer vendor in my family.

• Like 2