Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think I’m good. This stuff is going to take up some space in the ole car. I already got my suitcase in there..and this time of year all my cold weather gear cause we get under 50 sometimes. It’s nice now. 60’s. We have highs in the mid-70’s all week. 

3B458BDB-61F8-41B7-9362-9B6A7ECC0614.jpeg

That’s perfect!!

• Like 2

While I have read your trip reports and enjoyed them I have never commented, until now. So many people take these type of tags with good intentions but never follow through. I work retail so I see the worse come out in people this time of the year. To see you in selfless action, no hesitation, a man with a mission was heartwarming 💜

• Like 34

10 minutes ago, detroitavant said:

I still need to get to a state with a whataburger and try them.  The melt reminds me of Steak N Shake frisco melts which is one of my favorites.  I recommend it if you happen to go by one.

I like Steak ‘n Shake. Haven’t tried one of their melts. I usually get a steak burger or shake..or both. I’ll have to try the frisco melt sometime.

• Like 1

@Saint Greg Thank you for doing this. I always look for the angel trees too and know that they make a huge difference. So many parents live paycheck to paycheck and just can't give their kids a nice Christmas unless they skip a bill, and kids just don't understand since Santa is supposed to magically come. You're making a huge difference and hopefully encouraging others to do the same 💓

• Like 12

Since I recently booked our first ever cruise on the Vista (and first cruise since the start of the pandemic), I’ll be keeping tabs on this thread, as Saint Greg’s reviews are rivaled by almost nobody when it comes to thorough reviews of the ships.

• Like 1

@Saint Greg Our community has an angel tree for the Boys & Girls Club local chapter... the gifts they wanted were mostly a bit too rich for my blood- 10 speed bike and helmet? Electric scooter? Some kind of expensive running shoe? Rather than just walk by them, my BFF & I went together and split the cost for one of the kids wanting a bike and all the accessories, and another kid whose requests were a lot simpler... the organizer is collecting money to try & get the bikes for all the other kids, then people can take the angel card and take care of the rest (helmet etc)...

What you are doing is just plainly an extreme act of kindness... I know you're probably all 'aw shucks' about it, 'cause I don't sense that you shared it for the glory, you shared the story just because that's who you are... and thank you!

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

So excited for another review! Your reviews are some of my favorites! 

Be careful in that 4J cabin! I've heard stories of people not closing their curtains and people unexpectedly looking in lol

If someone wants to help themselves to an eyeful I say enjoy the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

@Saint Greg Our community has an angel tree for the Boys & Girls Club local chapter... the gifts they wanted were mostly a bit too rich for my blood- 10 speed bike and helmet? Electric scooter? Some kind of expensive running shoe? Rather than just walk by them, my BFF & I went together and split the cost for one of the kids wanting a bike and all the accessories, and another kid whose requests were a lot simpler... the organizer is collecting money to try & get the bikes for all the other kids, then people can take the angel card and take care of the rest (helmet etc)...

What you are doing is just plainly an extreme act of kindness... I know you're probably all 'aw shucks' about it, 'cause I don't sense that you shared it for the glory, you shared the story just because that's who you are... and thank you!

I had one once that wanted a PlayStation 4 or something when it first came out. He got the other things on the list.

• Like 5

You are off to a great start, and it is very kind of you to help those families have a nice Christmas. I definitely think you spread some Christmas cheer with us. 

I sailed the 02/15/2020 Vista cruise right before things started shutting down. I’m looking forward to seeing her again through your review. 

• Like 3

I was supposed to go to the Saints game tomorrow night. That and the cruise were just two separate trips that kind of intersected. But I thought it would be a great pre-cruise trip. Then when I got home from Panorama I was thinking about it...and I thought. That's stupid. I'm going into a stadium of 73,000 people 36 hours before I get on a cruise ship? It's not smart. I'm not going to do it.

• Like 21