Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

Greg, I will be getting on the Dream the same time your boarding the vista.  Love your reviews.  Will have to read all about your cruise when I get back.

Thanks! Have a great cruise. I think that's an 8-day eastern if I'm not mistaken. I remember seeing some good deals on that one months after I had already booked Vista.

On 11/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, Saint Greg said:

This is going to be my 16th cruise--all on Carnival. This will be my 4th time out of Galveston, my 2nd time on Vista, 12th time to Cozumel, and my 4th time to Belize and Roatan. This will be my 3rd time on a December Christmas themed cruise. I believe the CD is Kyndall Fire. This will be my first time with her as CD.  

4586CD71-F9F7-4755-8008-7BAE287D384D.jpeg

willing, ready and able!  don't leave without me,  i'm going to get my drink!

hugs

nicki

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 3:09 PM, Saint Greg said:

Strong chance I can see my house here 🙂.

Here are some oldies of the Vista when we were invited by for a tour.

Like others, I am watching and learning. We have been to Nachi Cocom at least a dozen times in a row and are looking for something else to do in Cozumel on trips other than summer.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/onKQT9YCFduQsJqSA

5-D7659-BA-3313-4-E13-863-B-D02-EB751-EC

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1

I decided to go to see the new ghostbusters movie after work. I didn’t even know they were coming out with one but I saw a preview that seemed to indicate the original cast would be in this one so I decided to go see it. 

This is your small popcorn and medium drink. I’m almost 30 bucks in at this point.

803E439A-B818-40A1-8453-1AD1C9D34F2E.thumb.jpeg.2b823f0611d0c56e65fdb3e8ef0481ff.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

If you have any expectations of the original cast being in the movie for more than the last 10 minutes you’re going to be disappointed. Its not a bad movie for what it is and I did like how they included Harold Ramis  in it…but I kept looking at the time wondering when the ghostbusters were going to show up. Oh there is a post credits scene so you may want to stick around for that. 

4B5C4508-3E7F-4A76-AD69-6DAAD4B4275A.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

If you have any expectations of the original cast being in the movie for more than the last 10 minutes you’re going to be disappointed. Its not a bad movie for what it is and I did like how they included Harold Ramis  in it…but I kept looking at the time wondering when the ghostbusters were going to show up. Oh there is a post credits scene so you may want to stick around for that. 

4B5C4508-3E7F-4A76-AD69-6DAAD4B4275A.jpeg

I hear this movie is on our Vista cruise next week.  Maybe we’ll check it out. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I decided to go to see the new ghostbusters movie after work. I didn’t even know they were coming out with one but I saw a preview that seemed to indicate the original cast would be in this one so I decided to go see it. 

This is your small popcorn and medium drink. I’m almost 30 bucks in at this point.

803E439A-B818-40A1-8453-1AD1C9D34F2E.thumb.jpeg.2b823f0611d0c56e65fdb3e8ef0481ff.jpeg

great movie was filmed here in Alberta

• Like 3

Hi Greg - following along.  We were on the Vista last week for Thanksgiving. Had a great time and really enjoyed the ship.  I'm looking forward to your impressions.  Maybe it was me, but the Alchemy Bar just didn't thrill me on this ship the way it did on the Freedom (last cruise I was on in 2019). I won't go into details - hope your experience is better.

• Like 1

I took my car in for the pre-cruise oil change today. The wiper blades also needed to be replaced. Fine. They said one of my tires is close to needing a replacement. I went back through my credit card statements. In the last 23k miles I've replaced 7 tires. My car only has 4 tires. These don't have a warranty so I've paid the full price of $300/tire each time. There's another tire that costs less and has a warranty that they don't keep in stock. I may need to call around and find a place that stocks it for next time. I mentioned the tire issue over the summer and they did an alignment...more $$. I was really hoping not to hear anything about needing tires this time.

• Like 3