Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

Saint Greg, after over a year away from CC, I just logged in for the first time tonight.  I've been marathoning your Halloween Panorama cruise.  Outstanding, as always!  Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.

Low and behold, I am also sailing the Vista next Saturday.  I'll be sure to say Hi if I see you onboard.  BTW, staying the night before in Webster is spot on.  Nicer hotels at about a quarter of the prices for Galveston and lots of restaurants, etc.

Safe travels!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Very excited to hear about this cabin.  I have a 4J booked on Panorama in January.  (7208 on end, port side).  Always wanted to try one…. Looking forward to your thoughts on this!!!

I don't have an end one on this one. I have the one next to the end one. Now on Freedom in Alaska I have a 4J on the end.

10 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

Saint Greg, after over a year away from CC, I just logged in for the first time tonight.  I've been marathoning your Halloween Panorama cruise.  Outstanding, as always!  Thanks so much for sharing your adventure.

Low and behold, I am also sailing the Vista next Saturday.  I'll be sure to say Hi if I see you onboard.  BTW, staying the night before in Webster is spot on.  Nicer hotels at about a quarter of the prices for Galveston and lots of restaurants, etc.

Safe travels!

Maybe I'll see you there then!

• Like 1

I just grabbed a drink and I’m ready 😀

I love the vista! Had a Havana cabin there idk 3 years ago? 4? 

loved the Havana area, cruisers, the itinerary, all of it - it was my first time being on whst eas at the time one of carnivals bigger ships.

I met an amazing group of friends, as did my daughter and we are still in contact! 

There are some on this board that I’d love to cruise with - even if I can’t share their pictures lol! Including @Saint Greg Patti and @Jamman54 Sid, Kim, so many! We need a cruise critic cruise 😀

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Omg!!  July 19 for me, also solo!!  Now I can’t wait to read all about them!!!

i think that’s the cruise my cruise asked yo join them on but I have a Sj. Getting married and my big birthday trip so I don’t see it happening!

Have fun 🛳 

I like it. I don’t know if it would get here in time for the cruise, but I like it. Maybe I should get it anyway. If it doesn’t get here in time it would be with my held mail…hopefully.

17DD9189-9883-4CDE-B3EB-1B3CE2B3BA7F.thumb.jpeg.cd8af6930b21d93cfcb2cc1e5a4f577c.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12

@Saint Greg...I remember your traveling buddy on your Cozumel trip.  Let me share this about that....

the longer a person lives by themselves the tougher it gets to handle situations like this....I am living proof.

I lived alone for over 8 years was very active, cruised single and it was a HUGE adjustment to even consider planning things with others.  I get it.....but in the end I realized I did not want to grow old alone.

I know this will be another great review no matter what!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

A little backstory here. I have an old friend who has wanted to cruise since the first time I went on Vista and sent him the pictures. Ever since then he always asks for pictures from my cruises. He doesn’t know about Saint Greg.  

In May when I flew to Cozumel he bought a ticket on my plane and a room in my hotel. It was very difficult being there with someone who wanted me to do everything on their schedule.

When I talk about how busy Galveston is I frequently mention the Texans who never leave Texas. Heck I know people who haven’t left the metroplex in their lives. Anyway…he’s one of the Texas Texans. He isn’t cruising unless it’s out of Galveston. He was booked on my Vista cruise last December that was canceled. Around August he booked an interior guarantee on this cruise. A couple weeks later he sent me a message that his grandmother broke her hip and he had to take care of her so he canceled the cruise. 

A few weeks ago he called me and said he needed a break from grandma. His dad and brother need to help out. I told him it’s too bad he jumped the gun on canceling that cruise. He started talking about re-booking. Carnival put one of those sweetheart deals on his account.
He could book a room by mine for $360 after taxes and port fees.

Two weeks ago he called me and told me he was having a problem with his dad and we’d have to see about is rebooking. I haven’t heard from him since and I’m not going to contact him..at least not until after I’m on the ship. I don’t want to encourage him to book because I know how he’s going to be if he does. 

So there’s still that possibility he could book this week and show up on the cruise but I’m starting to feel like that’s not going to happen which is good with me.

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

On 11/27/2021 at 4:28 PM, Jamman54 said:

Edited to add that Patti and I are ready to pull the trigger on a B2B on the Vista once she moves to Port Canaveral, so I'll be paying close attention.

When is Vista moving to Port Canaveral?  We're in Jacksonville so it's an easy drive for us.

Sorry for the hijack Greg... always love reading you live reports and picking up tips for my cruises!!

7 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

When is Vista moving to Port Canaveral?  We're in Jacksonville so it's an easy drive for us.

Sorry for the hijack Greg... always love reading you live reports and picking up tips for my cruises!!

November 2023 when Galveston gets Jubilee.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

l booked a cruise to Alaska for June. 

Darn...we're going to Alaska in August.  Would have loved to be like Jamman  and go on "The Hunt for Saint Greg" and look for at all the bars for a guy traveling solo with a little stuffed monkey.  And of course,  wouldn't post any pics to respect his privacy.  

• Like 1