Dining

Sheep Flavour

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had a 7 night staycation on Iona in September and the main restaurants were almost empty at Lunchtime so it probably would have been easy to just walk up and get a table.

We booked and went in at 12 noon when they opened.

Crikey, we are still digesting our breakfast at that time, in fact I am rarely hungry early enough to eat in the MDR, they are usually closing before we think of any lunch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Crikey, we are still digesting our breakfast at that time, in fact I am rarely hungry early enough to eat in the MDR, they are usually closing before we think of any lunch.

We had room service continental breakfast at 8am every morning so were ready to eat at 12 noon.

Graham.

13 hours ago, The Padre said:

My wife and I are going on Ventura soon. Freedom Dining, what's P and O policy on "joining a table"?

Is it still a thing at the moment or will they only allow us to dine at a table for two?

Thanks in advance.

Just got off Ventura and yes you can share tables. We always got a table for two but from what we saw most passengers were happy to share. Given the potential for Omicron being more infectious I would personally stick with a table for two. 

We would normally go for a shared table but didn't think it was worth the risk this time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, The Padre said:

My wife and I are going on Ventura soon. Freedom Dining, what's P and O policy on "joining a table"?

Is it still a thing at the moment or will they only allow us to dine at a table for two?

Thanks in advance.

Currently on Ventura. Sharing tables is allowed. Actually it's the quickest way to get a table. 

We had been allocated Club Dining on a table for eight.  Got it changed to Freedom as we prefer the flexibility and want a table for two as I'm anti- social 😇

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Currently on Ventura. Sharing tables is allowed. Actually it's the quickest way to get a table. 

We had been allocated Club Dining on a table for eight.  Got it changed to Freedom as we prefer the flexibility and want a table for two as I'm anti- social 😇

…..and probably the quickest way to get an isolation cabin as well! There are times when being anti-social is a wise move!

Well done on getting a switch from Club to Freedom dining. One advantage of the ships running at less than full capacity I guess, as this would have been near impossible in pre Covid times. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

DW always asks for 2 tables for one🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/5/2021 at 9:04 AM, Cruise Puss said:

Hi there,  I wonder if you can help me.  We were on both Britannia and Iona this Summer, but cannot remember if you use the 'app' to book for breakfast or not? Many thanks for your help. CP

Not required on our cruise but it was sailing half full … in fact you didn’t heed the app to book dinner really .. some folk just turned up 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:49 PM, Bon0 said:

I wonder how they’ve worked that out?  Or is it announced on the ship?  I imagine it would be difficult to discern the difference between two or three thousand people in such a dynamic environment.

Asked several members of the crew .. cabin staff , waiters and entertainment team all said the same ..