Royal's ships 2023/24

51 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli

Thanks

i got the bonus points in 2018 on Explorer when a mate didn’t sail with me. 

I have heard Crown and Anchor is having a few changes next month.

I got the double points a few weeks ago with a ghost booking but it looks like it’s over as of today.

The C&A drinks voucher has a little change ,the restart time has been moved from midnight to 5:00 am. I suppose the night owls where over doing it.

I have a few reports of them matching travel companions to the highest  tier for the cruise. 
I can’t confirm that 100% as it might have be just the Loyalty Ambassador being generous.

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I have heard Crown and Anchor is having a few changes next month.

I got the double points a few weeks ago with a ghost booking but it looks like it’s over as of today.

The C&A drinks voucher has a little change ,the restart time has been moved from midnight to 5:00 am. I suppose the night owls where over doing it.

I have a few reports of them matching travel companions to the highest  tier for the cruise. 
I can’t confirm that 100% as it might have be just the Loyalty Ambassador being generous.

I didn’t realise that you got another set of 4,5 or 6 free drinks of the day you leave the ship.

This is one thing that 0500 change in drinks has cut out. 

36 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I didn’t realise that you got another set of 4,5 or 6 free drinks of the day you leave the ship.

This is one thing that 0500 change in drinks has cut out. 

On dis embarking day you get the vouchers, coffee at the upcharge cafe for a coffee and at windjammer a something a bit stronger . I have done it.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, geoff2802 said:

Nothing out of the ordinary.  All port calls carried out as per itinerary.   
We didn’t see any security issues. There are some Mexican Marines on guard around the ports.  

Sounds like the trouble have erupted in Mexico again, lucky you got a couple of cruises in.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Sounds like the trouble have erupted in Mexico again, lucky you got a couple of cruises in.

Attempting to arrest a cartel figure will do that.  Seems to have affected Culiacan where they have protection.  I’d still cruise there now.  
BTW, the book “Hunting El Chapo” tells a fascinating story of the man, the cartel and the DEA’s and Mexican Marines’ pursuit of him.  

Edited by geoff2802
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

The Brilliance port bookings for around Oz Feb/March 2025 are gone.
Also No Penneshaw port bookings 24/25.

Nor Fremantle or Darwin.

Vision of the Seas is what is listed for Sydney that season, and is still missing from there between 14th Feb & 20th March which is the usual timing of the around OZ/NZ cruise.

The plot thickens.

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

The Brilliance port bookings for around Oz Feb/March 2025 are gone.
Also No Penneshaw port bookings 24/25.

We haven’t got that season yet ,when is it due to be released? Usually around April /May ?

Looking at Brisbane sales compared to Sydney. I think they may pull Quantum out of Brisbane and deploy it with Ovation in Sydney.

Maybe a Voyager class in Brisbane? Navigator ? 

Sydney needs more capacity,especially with the Chinese tourists back on the scene,a lot of Chinese this season. One cruise they even had announcements in Chinese.

Edited by Chiliburn

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We haven’t got that season yet ,when is it due to be released? Usually around April /May ?

Looking at Brisbane sales compared to Sydney. I think they may pull Quantum out of Brisbane and deploy it with Ovation in Sydney.

Sydney needs more capacity,especially with the Chinese tourists back on the scene,a lot of Chinese this season. One cruise they even had announcements in Chinese.

Looks like Speculation of the Seas is back. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Originally the 22/23 Oz season was 3 ships. 
Radiance got the chop since the deployment was announced. I believe if Royal could have found a home for Quantum or Ovation without a big move out of the Pacific Ocean they would not be  here in Brisbane this season.

Chilli the 24/25 season hasn’t been announced yet for here. Normally goes on sale around Easter. The Deployment Flyer should be updated in the week or 2 with a rough guide of when the remaining cruises go on sale around the globe. 

7 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Originally the 22/23 Oz season was 3 ships. 
Radiance got the chop since the deployment was announced. I believe if Royal could have found a home for Quantum or Ovation without a big move out of the Pacific Ocean they would not be  here in Brisbane this season.

Chilli the 24/25 season hasn’t been announced yet for here. Normally goes on sale around Easter. The Deployment Flyer should be updated in the week or 2 with a rough guide of when the remaining cruises go on sale around the globe. 

Could be a Oasis???

China opened its boarder today,Sydney is there favourite tourist destination.

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Could be a Oasis???

China opened its boarder today,Sydney is their favourite tourist destination.

If we knew what the real status of Lelepa was it would be easier to guess if Oasis was a possibility. 

it looks certain Royal has changed its mind over Brilliance in some form. 

23 minutes ago, springaussie said:

If we knew what the real status of Lelepa was it would be easier to guess if Oasis was a possibility. 

Recently on Ovation, the Captain stated that we would not get any Oasis class ships in this region! Personally I think we need a smaller ship, I would like to be able walk of a ship, not tender. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Recently on Ovation, the Captain stated that we would not get any Oasis class ships in this region! Personally I think we need a smaller ship, I would like to be able walk of a ship, not tender. 

I heard similar on Quantum last month. The passengers were keen for Radiance  to return to Oz. 

We know the easiest way Royal can grow volume from Sydney is bigger ships, not more ships.  That may be the motivation for possibly replacing Brilliance.  
Like many, I prefer the smaller ships for the South Pacific ports.  

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I would agree. Their "smaller" ship normally does a cruise around OZ/NZ split in Fremantle. A few months back, there was definitely bookings in place around Australia for one of these in 24/25. Even if they were changing the ship, they would surely keep a booking as a place marker. Until the new itineraries are announced, it looks like their smaller ship is in doubt.