Royal's ships 2023/24

40 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Does anyone want to have a guess on the schedule for the 9 nighters from Sydney apparently going to Lelepa 26/27 season. 
I reckon at least one way will 3 days (4 nights) to or from Sydney and 2 days at Lelepa. 

Glen I think Lelepa is just a reoccurring dream or dreams of grandeur of RCG .

They keep talking it up and it was advertised on their Nextcruise channel last season.

If someone’s cow goes missing in Vanuatu or the high school can’t pay its power bill it’s in the news.

You would think Royal spending money on a private island would be al over the headlines but there’s nothing in the local press.

Is Royal normally organised with its cruises?  Reason I ask is that we booked on a cruise from Sydney to Singapore that had changed from a transpacific.  All the tours showing relate to the previous cruise e.g. day 4 at Cairns, you can book a tchou tchou train in Noumea etc.  It has been this way for three months now.

They also continually send pre-cruise offers which give you the same options - at least weekly, sometimes lucky enough to get them every day.  This hasn’t happened with any other other cruise lines I have sailed.

2 hours ago, 2022cruisey said:

Is Royal normally organised with its cruises?  

No ,they unorganised ,especially the relocation cruises.

Expect things to be fluid and they are masters of false advertising,it’s the American way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2022cruisey said:

They also continually send pre-cruise offers which give you the same options - at least weekly, sometimes lucky enough to get them every day.

Because they cry wolf so often with the "fake bargain" offers that they bombard you with, you run the risk of ignoring the occasional real bargains they have for excursions, internet and beverage packages. 😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Glen I think Lelepa is just a reoccurring dream or dreams of grandeur of RCG .

They keep talking it up and it was advertised on their Nextcruise channel last season.

If someone’s cow goes missing in Vanuatu or the high school can’t pay its power bill it’s in the news.

You would think Royal spending money on a private island would be al over the headlines but there’s nothing in the local press.

Chilli

A week ago I thought Lelepa was gone.

But when I looked at the Sydney Port Bookings 26/27 it was a surprise, What happened to the  weekend cruises. Why so many 9 night cruises?

Lelepa was the only thing I could think to make sense to the bookings. 
2 day later I read that Bailey on the Presidents Cruise claims Lelpa will open late  2026. 
Time will tell. 
I have got doubts about Lelepa opening before Christmas 26.

You would assume if Lelepa was going to start building it would be in the local press. But nothing since 2022. 
Celebrity 26/27 Oz goes on sale in December and they will most likely send Edge to Lelepa for a few cruises.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Chilli

A week ago I thought Lelepa was gone.

But when I looked at the Sydney Port Bookings 26/27 it was a surprise, What happened to the  weekend cruises. Why so many 9 night cruises?

Lelepa was the only thing I could think to make sense to the bookings. 
2 day later I read that Bailey on the Presidents Cruise claims Lelpa will open late  2026. 
Time will tell. 
I have got doubts about Lelepa opening before Christmas 26.

You would assume if Lelepa was going to start building it would be in the local press. But nothing since 2022. 
Celebrity 26/27 Oz goes on sale in December and they will most likely send Edge to Lelepa for a few cruises.

I hope you’re right ,Glen.

They would have to build a dock of some kind for tenders and just something like Mystery Island would be fine . It would put a few bucks in the pockets of the locals and something different for us .

Edited by Chiliburn

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 9:22 AM, springaussie said:

Chilli I have watching for Serenade to take  over Brisbane 25/26 since the Voyager deployment went on sale.

Yes I think Voyager would have no problems taking over the Caribbean itineraries.

The big question is where Voyager will be Mid 2026.

[Apparently Lelepa is opening late 2026. Plus Royal has no plans to base a ship in Oz for our Winter for now. (President’s Cruise) ]

Another argument about Serenade taking over from Voyager is the shortage of water in the Panama Canal.

Apparently the Panama traffic is down by 50% because of a drought in the region and they may have difficulty bringing a ship back through for the 2026 Alaska season.

They are expecting another La Niña .

Two transits of the Panama (if they can get a booking) at half a million dollars each.

A extra million in fuel costs to bring Voyager around Africa which would probably have no passengers,just like Anthem. Not to mention the extra carbon emissions for Voyager.

I think Miami would be having a good thing about the situation.

Edited by Chiliburn

Chilli Bailey claims Oz isn’t getting a ship 2026 Winter. 

Do you think Voyager could be going on the Seward Alaska 2026 run if she comes to Oz? 
I think the question where will Voyager be mid 2026 will give you more answers then does Voyager come to Brisbane for Christmas 2025?

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli Bailey claims Oz isn’t getting a ship 2026 Winter. 

Do you think Voyager could be going on the Seward Alaska 2026 run if she comes to Oz? 
I think the question where will Voyager be mid 2026 will give you more answers then does Voyager come to Brisbane for Christmas 2025?

True ,where would Voyager go after Brisbane ?

The new Seward dock is supposed to be ready for the 2026 Alaska season . It’s supposed to be able to take a Quantum class ,so no trouble with Voyager. I  Suppose Voyager could home port in Vancouver ,where Quantum has to pick the tide I believe.

But you would think they would send a newer ship to Alaska,Adventure or such.

A bit of a hack for the Royal and Celebrity buffs .

Apparently if you log out of your free wifi and log back in you can get upto 15 minutes free text outside of the ship without the wifi package.

But reports say it only works twice per account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s pretty strong evidence Ovation won’t be going to China and is going to L.A.during our winter next year.

So Phil, do you think Voyager will make it to Brisbane?

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

So Phil, do you think Voyager will make it to Brisbane?

I don’t know but Glen is probably right that Ovation won’t replace Voyager.

They had trouble filling Quantum.

Do you think Ovation will go to L.A. Via Singapore or Tahiti ?

Edited by Chiliburn

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s pretty strong evidence Ovation won’t be going to China and is going to L.A.during our winter next year.

Confirmed Chili, just as I was considering the other cruise.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Can you elaborate, Cheryl?

Saw it on social media. Statement from Michael Bailey to a TA convention (I think).

Would not have taken any notice, but was considering the Singapore trip this morning. I will stand corrected if not accurate.! Typical of something on social media, if you go back you can never find the article again. I do hope I am wrong though.

Edited by resordanis
Additional information
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know but Glen is probably right that Ovation won’t replace Voyager.

They had trouble filling Quantum.

Do you think Ovation will go to L.A. Via Singapore or Tahiti ?

I think it will go via Asia as the first date it appears on Ports of LA is 27 May.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I think it will go via Asia as the first date it appears on Ports of LA is 27 May.

That’s almost 7 weeks after leaving Sydney.

I don’t think it would go via Hawaii with PVSA ,not with passengers anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Phil I find it odd why Singapore didn’t get a look in for year round deployment. Obviously things mustn’t be as bright as I assumed they were. 
Royal has certainly increased the price of cruises from Singapore in recent times.

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Phil I find it odd why Singapore didn’t get a look in for year round deployment. Obviously things mustn’t be as bright as I assumed they were. 
Royal has certainly increased the price of cruises from Singapore in recent times.

Surprised me too, but China sneezes then Singapore catches the flu.  

Maybe Voyager goes to Asia after the 2025/26 season in Brisbane.  

• Like 2

One of the Bloggers is reporting all references to Lelepa on the Official Royal Caribbean Website have gone.

I can’t get the pages to show also that I looked at frequently. They were on the website a fortnight ago.
Bailey is reported as telling cruisers on the Presidents Cruise Lelepa will open Late 2026.

One can assume Lelepa is gone completely or Gavin is off to Bunnings to buy a shovel for the media launch.