Live From Whisper.......12/2

Lois R

I am sitting in the Riverside Hotel and already checked out but they are letting me use this business office.  So sailing today and looking forward, after all these years of meeting Spins in person😀.....one of the kindest people on this forum.

It is noon and I will wait about 45 more minutes and then get a cab to the port.  They said 2:00 but you know they will do testing and we leave from pier 25 so there will be space to sit while waiting.

I arrived here yesterday afternoon and got a cab from the airport......21.00.   I ate dinner at a place called The Royal Pig........they have a large menu and I sat outside and it was probably 77 outside. (or so).....I decided on Fish and Chips and OMG......4 BIG fillets and I could not eat them all. They were very good and I decided to try a dark beer......the bartender let me have a taste first. It was a surprise......I normally NEVER like dark....porters.   This had a hint of coffee and coconut in it and I REALLY liked it!  It was not bitter or hoppy........really a nice flavor.

This morning I had a breakfast at a long time restaurant here on Las Olas called Bonn Crepe........it was excellent and sat outside here as well.  I highly recommend this place. 

Oh, the bed here at the Riverside is comfy but for some reason I had a hard time sleeping.....watched tv till about 3am......finally fell asleep and woke up at about 9:15.

Anyway, for anyone reading the other threads........I finally was able to register on the mylab website on my phone.  I still don't know why they are doing it this way.

PITA.........but it is done now.  For those with upcoming sailings, they never had us pre-register for Covid Testing...seems now they are and it was not the easiest process.  Oh well. 

Anyway, looking forward to just relaxing for the next 2 weeks😀

• Like 6

Our recent Spirit cruise was a corporate sponsored boarding fiasco. Some people were told to arrive at 1230 for 2pm boarding. Many others were not given a time at all. 
We guessed 1230 and planned accordingly. Having arrived at 1230, we were told testing / check  in / boarding etc. was imminent but then someone decided that nothing would happen until 1330!

No waiting area … nothing. The Promised refreshments were then “not allowed because of covid” Some folk were left standing outside for over an hour!

Parties and breweries spring to mind. 

• Like 1

Hello from the pool bar😀. I got to the ship about 1:30. Line for testing and results and then checked in and Iwas on board about 2:45. It might have been 2:30 but anyway, I forgot how small and intimate she is😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the Early Embarkation perk earned through number of days travelled on Silversea still operates?We always used this and boarded at around 10.30 am which we found to be a superb service which rewarded loyalty.

52 minutes ago, brimary said:

Does anyone know if the Early Embarkation perk earned through number of days travelled on Silversea still operates?We always used this and boarded at around 10.30 am which we found to be a superb service which rewarded loyalty.

Nope it does not

• Like 1

Hi from the pool bar. Having a lovely time and met some really nice folks, Spins, a pleasure for sure😀

Good weather, good food, although I must admit as intimate as Whisper is, I love the Spirit and especially the Moon. But no worries, I will get through to the 17th without a problem😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a few more thoughts, quite a few first time cruisers on board.

Quite a few staff I have previously sailed with and always a pleasure to chat with😀

CD is Adam and HD is Jimmy

Ate in the dining room last night with a great couple I had met at the pool bar. It was what they are calling Formal optional night. I was in in dressy slacks with a nice top and my dinner mates wore beautiful gold/black dinner jackets. 

I went to the show and although I have seen it multiple times, I enjoyed it this time too.

I was told there are 10 other solos guests on board but when I attended the cocktail get together nobody else showed up. Oh well. It was hosted by the International hostesses and so I had a nice chat with them.

Anyway, enjoying myself for sure.😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Cheers Lois. Does Adam have a surname and would Jimmy be Jimmy Koval. If so say hi to him if you get the chance.

Hi, Adam Wright from the UK

Will find out Jimmy's last name.

• Like 1

Hi from The pool bar. On our way to San Juan and should be docking around noon. The sun is shining and the clouds are melting away. It is breezy out but nice.

Had dinner in Terrazza last night and it was delicious😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Thanks Lois, are you scheduled to be on the Whisper for the WC2022 1/5th? Are there any exercise classes given on the Whisper?

Hi, nope no World Cruise for me. As for those exercise classes, I believe there are 3 or 4 options.