Dining time for kids 11 and 7 can't eat Anytime dining?

I was looking at dining in my planner for 12/18 on the Jewel. I looked at the dining and noticed under Anytime that kids minimum age is 12. Is that true? Our group of 18 has 2 kid 7 and 11. Both are used to fine dining as their dad works for luxury brand hotels, he's been Executive Chef at several Ritz Carltons among others. They know how to behave in a nice restaurant and have good palates, doubt they would order from the kids menu, they eat everything and will try most everything. Would hate for them not to eat with the rest of us, we have 18 family going.

4 minutes ago, happyboomer said:

They are both fully vaccinated, got second shot last Sunday and will be past the two week requirement by the 18th.

I would expect this rule to be updated soon as the younger kids can now be fully vaccinated.  This is likely something you will have to talk to someone on the ship about and show that they are fully vaccinated (show wristband) and they will likely let them into my time dining.  

3 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Anytime dining is for vaccinated guests only. 

Are we discussing MTD? We've had our booking for a long time (RCI cancelled & L/S) and have MTD and an under 5 is on the booking. So are you saying we'll be contacted before our April 2022 cruise telling us we can't have it?

This makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Are we discussing MTD? We've had our booking for a long time (RCI cancelled & L/S) and have MTD and an under 5 is on the booking. So are you saying we'll be contacted before our April 2022 cruise telling us we can't have it?

This makes no sense.

no, you most likely won't be contacted. I booked MTD for our Thanksgiving cruise for all 5 of us, including an unvaxxed kid, and also booked the Solarium Bistro. Shortly before the cruise I found out that MTD was for vaxxed only, and found out that Solarium bistro was V only while onboard. They cancelled my bookings when I came down to deck 3 to switch, but nobody contacted me before that. We had to switch to early dining while already sailing. On our next cruise DS will be fully vaxxed, so I already made MTD reservations.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Correct my time dining is a vaccinated only venue. Due in part to how freaking close they seat you to others. 

You'll have to see how it actually plays out with the 5-11 being fully vaccinated. I personally can see a lot of issues cropping up with this if they allow both vax and unvax in that age range. But maybe they have it figured out. 

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, you most likely won't be contacted. I booked MTD for our Thanksgiving cruise for all 5 of us, including an unvaxxed kid, and also booked the Solarium Bistro. Shortly before the cruise I found out that MTD was for vaxxed only, and found out that Solarium bistro was V only while onboard. They cancelled my bookings when I came down to deck 3 to switch, but nobody contacted me before that. We had to switch to early dining while already sailing. On our next cruise DS will be fully vaxxed, so I already made MTD reservations.

Thanks...since we're not cruising with the extended family until late April I'll just keep our MTD option and see what happens. Actually  we all prefer the WJ when sailing with the grandkids and hoping by then it will be open for dinner. 

We also have MTD booked for our Sept cruise but the youngest one will be vaxxed by then.

It's totally the vaccination status and not the age.  Our family just selected MTD for our cruise next month. My 9 and 14 yr old will be with me.  At first the TA said no and then when I told her that my 9yr old would be fully vaxxed by our saildate she registered us.

10 hours ago, queenL said:

It's totally the vaccination status and not the age.  Our family just selected MTD for our cruise next month. My 9 and 14 yr old will be with me.  At first the TA said no and then when I told her that my 9yr old would be fully vaxxed by our saildate she registered us.

we book directly and selected MTD for both our Nov 2021 cruise and May 2022 cruise when DS wasn't even remotely close to being vaccinated. The website allowed us to select MTD and even make reservations, despite making them for a family with an unvaxxed 10 yo.

34 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we book directly and selected MTD for both our Nov 2021 cruise and May 2022 cruise when DS wasn't even remotely close to being vaccinated. The website allowed us to select MTD and even make reservations, despite making them for a family with an unvaxxed 10 yo.

Making reservations and honoring reservations, unfortunately, seem to have no connection to one another. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Ashland said:

Thanks...since we're not cruising with the extended family until late April I'll just keep our MTD option and see what happens. Actually  we all prefer the WJ when sailing with the grandkids and hoping by then it will be open for dinner. 

We also have MTD booked for our Sept cruise but the youngest one will be vaxxed by then.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Ashland said:

I have heard that some (not sure if it applies to all yet) ship's have opened the WJ to dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I have heard that some (not sure if it applies to all yet) ship's have opened the WJ to dinner.

Fingers crossed Harmony will be one of them soon or at least when we cruise with an under age unvaxxed end of April 2022. As well as improve their AO !!!!

• Like 1

On Symphony they kept the groups with unvaxed kids in the 3rd floor dining room (Fixed Seating).  Had a large group eat one night at next table on 4 and they wanted to switch to that (Mytime) for rest of cruise.  Couldn't do it - that night their younger kids weren't with them and rules at the time meant that the group shouldn't have been allowed on 4 at all. 

All of the vax/unvax restrictions we saw onboard were just that, not age dependent.  They issued colored wristbands to vaccinated guests.  In our cruises kids were the only unvaxed and there were very few onboard.  Going to be harder to enforce when there is a mix of vax and unvaxed in the same age group.  My guess is that kids club will remain vax-only for a while.

47 minutes ago, LeeW said:

On Symphony they kept the groups with unvaxed kids in the 3rd floor dining room (Fixed Seating).  Had a large group eat one night at next table on 4 and they wanted to switch to that (Mytime) for rest of cruise.  Couldn't do it - that night their younger kids weren't with them and rules at the time meant that the group shouldn't have been allowed on 4 at all. 

All of the vax/unvax restrictions we saw onboard were just that, not age dependent.  They issued colored wristbands to vaccinated guests.  In our cruises kids were the only unvaxed and there were very few onboard.  Going to be harder to enforce when there is a mix of vax and unvaxed in the same age group.  My guess is that kids club will remain vax-only for a while.

Kids club (AO) is vaxed only...then why are they kept in small circles and distanced?

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Kids club (AO) is vaxed only...then why are they kept in small circles and distanced?

Good but but to me the better question is why would parents leave them there knowing that.  Those doing so made a dumb decision 

44 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Good but but to me the better question is why would parents leave them there knowing that.  Those doing so made a dumb decision 

I believe they had no idea at the time...Let's give them that assumption rather than calling their decision "dumb". At least we all now know. Hopefully RCI will somehow manage this better going forward. 

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

I believe they had no idea at the time...Let's give them that assumption rather than calling their decision "dumb". At least we all now know. Hopefully RCI will somehow manage this better going forward. 

You do you, I’ll do me.  I have never left my kids (adults now) in pre-school etc without having done a FULL walk around inspection before leaving them.