Blanton's/Buffalo Trace onboard

From my recent experience it varies by ship. Mariner and Freedom had Blanton’s for sale, but Odyssey and Adventure did not have Blanton’s. I never looked for Buffalo Trace in the liquor store, but most bars on every ship we have been on over the last four months had Buffalo Trace. Blanton’s was two bottles for $89.99. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimer from Ohio said:

I was speaking of the onboard liquor store

On the Allure's 10/31 sailing out of Port Canerval the did not have Blantons.  I would think that availability varies significantly though as the ship gets restocked from time to time.

2 hours ago, FirstTimer from Ohio said:

We are on the Dec 11th Allure out of Fort Lauderdale and the last time we were on Allure, they carried buffalo trace products (specifically Blanton's).  Does anyone know if they still do.  A few years ago they told us they were exclusive distributor of their products.

Most sailings do. Our last one in July had Blanton’s Gold but it sold out before we left port. 

I have about a dozen bottles right now. So many better bourbons out there I never get to them…

i was on the liberty for the initial sailing back in october.  they had an insane amount of blantons but it was 89.99 a bottle....i still bought 6.  they were trying to get me to buy another case also since i was there with a bunch of other people in a 2 bedrooms suite.  the only other "rare" whiskey/rye they had onboard was sazerac in the liquor shop.

1 hour ago, dominicr said:

i was on the liberty for the initial sailing back in october.  they had an insane amount of blantons but it was 89.99 a bottle....i still bought 6.  they were trying to get me to buy another case also since i was there with a bunch of other people in a 2 bedrooms suite.  the only other "rare" whiskey/rye they had onboard was sazerac in the liquor shop.

Was is it the regular Blanton’s for 89? It sells for 65 in Arkansas/Missouri. I think the Blanton’s Gold was 99 on our cruise last July 

2 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Was is it the regular Blanton’s for 89? It sells for 65 in Arkansas/Missouri. I think the Blanton’s Gold was 99 on our cruise last July 

It was the regular Blanton’s for $89.99 a bottle. I mistakenly said it was two for $89.99 above. I live in the Tampa area and prior to COVID I could buy Blanton’s for $60-$70 per bottle. Over the last year or so, only a few places around here have Blanton’s in stock and are selling it for $199 a bottle. 

9 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Are you down on the border?  I’m in St. Louis and if you can find Blantons here it’s 250 a bottle.  

it was just the regular blantons for 89….not gold.  

1 hour ago, dominicr said:

Are you down on the border?  I’m in St. Louis and if you can find Blantons here it’s 250 a bottle.  

it was just the regular blantons for 89….not gold.  

I’m in Northwest Arkansas. It’s harder to find since it’s allocated but it’s still $65 a bottle around this area. I used to drink it a lot till I started learning more bourbon. I actually passed on a bottle today and picked up a OWA instead.

1 hour ago, FirstTimer from Ohio said:

Thank you for all of the input.  I can only hope they have it on the Allure when we are on next week.  It is impossible to find in our area.  When you do, they want at least $150 a bottle

I’m guessing you are flying in? Check the airport. Miami probably had 200 bottles out when I few there last month. I think it was also 89 a bottle

17 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I’m guessing you are flying in? Check the airport. Miami probably had 200 bottles out when I few there last month. I think it was also 89 a bottle

Where do you buy liquor at the airport?  Don’t you have to go to duty free and show an international ticket?

They had Blanton's for $89 on Allure in September.  If you are stopping in St. Maarten, there's a liquor store downtown on Front St. called Gulmohar's that has it for less than the Royal Duty Free store.  They carry all 4 "flavors" of Blanton's, plus a lot of other brands that are hard to find elsewhere.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dominicr said:

Where do you buy liquor at the airport?  Don’t you have to go to duty free and show an international ticket?

Most of the larger airports have liquor stores throughout the terminal. You don’t need anything to buy. Just a pain to deal with by carrying.

The old Blanton's discussion...I work for a distributor in NJ who is exclusive with Blanton's.  It's a terrible situation that Sazerac has to allocate it so tightly.  Our stores/restaurants in Jersey get a small allocation once a month, no more than a case (6pk)!  When I was on Allure in August, they did have it in Duty Free for $89, and I wouldn't buy it, mainly because I had a few bottles at home.  They do go for about that price on the open market, IF you can get it....My suggestion, go buy a 1.75L of Very Old Barton and go to town!!!

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

The old Blanton's discussion...I work for a distributor in NJ who is exclusive with Blanton's.  It's a terrible situation that Sazerac has to allocate it so tightly.  Our stores/restaurants in Jersey get a small allocation once a month, no more than a case (6pk)!  When I was on Allure in August, they did have it in Duty Free for $89, and I wouldn't buy it, mainly because I had a few bottles at home.  They do go for about that price on the open market, IF you can get it....My suggestion, go buy a 1.75L of Very Old Barton and go to town!!!

very old Barton is the same to blantons as weller is to pappy….right?   

22 hours ago, FirstTimer from Ohio said:

We are on the Dec 11th Allure out of Fort Lauderdale and the last time we were on Allure, they carried buffalo trace products (specifically Blanton's).  Does anyone know if they still do.  A few years ago they told us they were exclusive distributor of their products.

I am fresh off the Anthem today and I purchased 2 bottles of Blanton's at $89 each. So the price of $89 is very consistent on various ships. However, if you want to know for sure if your Allure sailing has it (and at what price), you may want to join the Facebook group for this current week/sailing (ie. Allure of the Seas, December 4, 2021) to have someone on board confirm the item status on the ship. I found by joining those groups have benefitted me with a wealth of information. Good luck in your search and enjoy your cruise.