Regent Navigator window suites

wwinfl91

Hi we are booked already on a Regent cruise in a balcony suite for July 2022 but saw a May 2023 cruise from Miami to Montreal which includes 3 days in Bermuda that looks interesting. There is a $4000 difference between a window suite and balcony suite. Has anyone sailed on the Navigator in a window suite especially the ones on deck six that can share their experience. Thanks

We have made two separate cruises on the Navigator in a window suite on deck 6.  We did not miss the balcony.  The 1st was an excursion intensive cruise in the Med.  Hardly ever on the ship except in the early mornings and evenings.  Second was a Barcelona start for a Trans Atlantic.  Again hardly in the room except when we enjoyed sea days.  However, on sea days we rarely use a balcony when we have it.  Hope this answers some of your questions.

We did the World Cruise in a window cabin on Deck 6.  Our next cruise is in that same cabin.  There is a walkway outside your window which is only used by crew.  The good part is, your window gets washed every other day.  The crew has been instructed to always look straight ahead.  They never look into your cabin unless they are washing your window.  We have found we do not use our balcony on any ship so only book a balcony if it is a free upgrade.  There is a door to the outside by the elevators if you want to step outside to check on the weather.

I think this is mostly a matter of personal preference.  I hardly ever use the balcony, but Wendy spends a fair whack of time on it.  Since we travel together, having a balcony is important. That said, we once had a balcony on the Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia, and she hardly used it: it was too hot.  Instead, we used to be quite happy with the window cabins on that ship.  ("Used to be" because Ponant bought the ship and basically stole money from all the folks who had paid for a cruise that was cancelled because of the pandemic. We won't sail with them ever.)

Yes, the balcony is important to me, but it would depend on the itinerary.  What I like about the balcony is sitting out staring at the sea, watching for flying fish and birds.  If the weather on the trip is not likely to be conducive to that activity, I wouldn't really miss it.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes, the balcony is important to me, but it would depend on the itinerary.  What I like about the balcony is sitting out staring at the sea, watching for flying fish and birds.  If the weather on the trip is not likely to be conducive to that activity, I wouldn't really miss it.

We did the Arctic Splendor grand voyage on Navigator in 2018, and were in a window cabin. Given that the vast bulk of the cruise was through cool/cold climates, we saw no reason to have a balcony. When there were things to see we went up to the top deck or went a few doors down, and stepped out onto the Deck 6 promenade. Sitting out on a balcony just wasn't happening on that cruise. But we'll be in the Caribbean next month on Navigator, and definitely popped for a balcony.

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I suspect my wife may be having second thoughts at doing any cruising with the news today that Norwegian cruise lines had a ship dock in  New Orleans after a 7 day western Caribbean cruise with at least 10 people, passengers and crew, who tested positive for Corvid19 in spite of the fact the cruise was only supposed to be carrying fully vaccinated  passengers and crew. The cruise we are looking at is 1 15 day from Miami to Montreal with a 3 day stop in Bermuda in 2023. The 2022 version of the cruise is sold out.

Went out to Regent site to see if cabin 600 was available but unfortunately it wasn't. 610 was available and on the deck plans looks to be a little larger than some of the other cabins on that deck. Has anyone stayed in that cabin. Still trying to convince my wife to book it and if things haven't gotten better by May 2023 or 90 days before we can always cancel. Have a great next cruise.

• Like 1

We did 31 nights Fiji to Sydney in a Window Suite on Deck 5 in December 2019 - January 2020 - our last cruise (in fact our return flight from Sydney was the last time we were on a plane! 😔). I wouldn’t hesitate to book the same suite again - Enjoy 

Again thanks for the encouragement. I have had outside and even one inside cabin when I started cruising but except for the outside cabin I had on the Maasdam in 2010 on my first and only by-myself cruise after my first wife had died and a window suite on the Seabourn Pride (very few balconies on those ships) on a 2012 Baltic cruise, the last outside cabin was on Celebrity Zenith in 2003. But all your comments made me feel better about booking one and seeing how it goes. Have a great next cruise.

One thing to consider is that the Navigator window suites have inside room about 50 sq. ft. larger  than the base veranda suites in the Mariner, and are much larger than the category H veranda suites on the Explorer, Splendour, and Grandeur.  

• Like 1