Covid test for January 3rd cruise

thepla

I do not think it will be easy for find a antigen test on new years day. I'm thinking of doing one I can get from Walgreens and take on first.

Fly to Orlando and take upon arrival. We're flying early in second.

Does anyone know a place to get test near residence inn cape canaveral that I can setup an appointment?

Edited by thepla

7 minutes ago, hawaiissunshine1 said:

I would recommend the at-home test kits through Optum. We ordered them and plan on just doing them at home 2 days beforehand.  They have 24/7 availability for the proctoring and although we could find free ones, we are opting to pay the money for the convenience factor. 

Sounds great. Thanks

If you can get a rapid test on the second, you should be fine. I took a rapid test at CVS for my November 20th cruise and the results were provided to me within an hour.

Obviously this is cutting things pretty close and you may not be comfortable with that. Especially since you will have already flown down to Florida.

In my area, I can schedule a rapid test at CVS any time usually a week or so out. Health department does testing too.

I would recommend test with one of those non proctored rapid test so you know before you fly down there so you don’t get stuck if you fail the test down there.  It’s one thing when you drive there, but when you fly there that can be an issue.

• Like 1

There's also testing at the airport.

But like others have said.  Get tested before, like on Thursday or Friday or do a non proctored or proctored home test. Then on arrival get the "real test".

I beleive Carnival's terminal testing is still available for the holiday cruises.  You may wish to check and see if you can schedule that.

Edited by crewsweeper

Thanks for all suggestions. This would be a non-event if two day before wasn't January 1 and us leaving early Jan 2. I have called and noone know if walk up places will be open Jan 1.

I see two farily good solutions from postings, thanks

Proctored, while here, on first. or

Self test on first, fly, and real one at airport or in area on second.

Carnival does offer but $150 per person and same issue of being in FL with a minor if it's me that is positve.

The rules for testing state it is ONLY the HOME test that is valid for cruising, not the SELF test.  I had to read it twice to be sure because I get the self test sent to me at home for free but those aren't valid for cruising.  I'm not sure you can buy the HOME test at stores or at least I haven't seen any available at walgreens or cvs in the Denver area, only self tests on the shelves.  UGH

I am cruising Jan 3 as well.  We used the Optum E Med tests for our cruise in October.  They are easy and give you results in 15 minutes.  You can print them out, or show the results in the app (Navica) when you check in.  I'll be doing mine on the afternoon of Jan 2.

If you go with that option, make sure you have at least 2 kits per traveler, just in case something goes wrong .  Better to be safe!

We used the ABBOTT LABS  BIMAX, tele test. Worked great...nice and well proctored. When you have the flights and hotels to all come together, the at home tele test is pretty much your only  option. Cross your fingers and toes, there's not a power outage, or internet problem. This Rapid Test is a real problem, and takes everything to line up to be workable. Hoping we can get away from this last minute count down clock experience.