Medallion now allows advance reservations of promo specialty dining

Shelly97060

There have been various posts on several threads recently saying basically that this feature worked perfectly for some and did not work at all for others.

Maybe it depends on what type smart phone is being used or what version is its operation system.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Glad that it worked for you but it didn’t work for our free specialty dinner perk on a March 2022 cruise.

Darn, I am sorry to hear that.  It is available for an Alaska cruise I have in May 2022 and I heard it is going to be a standard feature in Medallion App.   Sounds like I should try to edit my post to say “ dine my way will  be updated…”  

This is just another example of how true YRMV (Your Results May Vary) is for just about any part of the Medallion App.  I was able to book promo specialty dining for a July 2022 cruise back in August or September while others couldn't and obviously still can't.

Maybe YRMV should become the official acronym of the Medallion App!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 3

I am going to differ from the OP view.  Yes, the intent of DMW in MC App is to recognize guest credits and apply them.  This feature was added quite some weeks back - it is not new at all.  In fact, I tested it out and saw it working properly.

But, since one of the recent releases (perhaps early NOV??), I am seeing quite mixed results.

On our first voyage of a B2B2B, we have "granted" SD credit each from Princess and DMW does not recognize them when I go to book wife and I.  I just tried to book us and our friends as our dining party of four and it recognized we all have credits and came back with $0 owed.

On the second voyage, we have dining credits as part of a sales promo.  When I try to book the two of us, DWM recognizes ONE dining credit and only knocks $29 off the total.  Go figure that one.  By trying a res as dining alone, I was able to deduce that DMW is not recognizing my wife's credit.  Again, if I attempt to book all four of as a dining party, the App recognizes we all have credits and bills $0.

On the third voyage, pretty much the same story. But I did some more testing.  If my wife was going to dine alone or with me - DMW does not recognize her credit.  But if she dines in any combination that includes one or more of our friends (with or without me in the group), then her credit is recognized.  Further, some nights, neither of our credits is applied - otherwise just the one - if wife and I are the dining party.  Actually - I think it only recognizes the half-credit on night 1.

I was aware this feature was now wonky for me, but was not too concerned as prefer to book on embarkation day for the nights we want.  I am now going to pass this info along to the OCEAN team and see if they look into it.  At least I can give them several test scenarios.

I tried to use this feature a couple of weeks ago and could not get the free promo to come up on my booking.  So I used the chat feature on the Princess website.  I was told that this feature was problematic and advised to go ahead and book my reservation using my credit card and go to the Guest Services desk when boarding and that the cover charge would be refunded.  I just checked again in the app to see if maybe something new had happened but the free promo is still nowhere to be found on my booking for 2/27/22 Caribbean Princess.  I am using an iPhone SE that is only a couple of months ago with the newest IOS update.  Glad it is working for some but obviously not working for others of us.

55 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I tried to use this feature a couple of weeks ago and could not get the free promo to come up on my booking.  So I used the chat feature on the Princess website.  I was told that this feature was problematic and advised to go ahead and book my reservation using my credit card and go to the Guest Services desk when boarding and that the cover charge would be refunded.  I just checked again in the app to see if maybe something new had happened but the free promo is still nowhere to be found on my booking for 2/27/22 Caribbean Princess.  I am using an iPhone SE that is only a couple of months ago with the newest IOS update.  Glad it is working for some but obviously not working for others of us.

Nice of you to post device and version, but rest assured this is a System bug and may or may not be related to the way the data is stored.

DavidsNana - We are also on the 2-27 Caribbean Princess cruise.  I have an I Phone 12 and still am unable to use the Medallion App with any real success.  I've tried to enter dining preferences and it still is telling me that it is too early to do.  I've tried entering data in the personalizer portion and it doesn't save.   It's really frustrating and as I am not very computer smart I never know if it's the app or just plain old user error.

20 hours ago, chamima said:

Is it possible to see the menus for each night of your cruise on the Medallion either before the cruise or at the beginning so you could decide which night to eat in the specialty restaurant?

I have looked and there does not seem to be a way to view the MDR menus on the Medallion app prior to cruising.  You could go to guest services when you board the ship and see if they can provide them to you for the week so you can plan your dining.  That's what I plan on doing.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I have looked and there does not seem to be a way to view the MDR menus on the Medallion app prior to cruising.  You could go to guest services when you board the ship and see if they can provide them to you for the week so you can plan your dining.  That's what I plan on doing.

Thanks

I also looked before I posted but thought maybe I missed something.

I'll also got to Guest Services - they usually have all the menus for the cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, Steelers36 said:

Nice of you to post device and version, but rest assured this is a System bug and may or may not be related to the way the data is stored.

Yep, just thought I would so that others did not think it might be their old devices.  I have learned much from you and the other techies here or I wouldn't have been able to complete the rest of the info in the app and I have been lucky with you guys help to be able to get all else in except this promo specialty dinner and my home airport.  I even had a cancel and rebook for a lower price and most of our info repopulated in after a few days so not going to worry about these 2 things.  Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't have the problem of some that I read here where their info goes missing all of a sudden.  Thanks again to you and the others that have helped me these last few months as if you remember, this is my first smartphone and I was clueless.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, candy4040 said:

DavidsNana - We are also on the 2-27 Caribbean Princess cruise.  I have an I Phone 12 and still am unable to use the Medallion App with any real success.  I've tried to enter dining preferences and it still is telling me that it is too early to do.  I've tried entering data in the personalizer portion and it doesn't save.   It's really frustrating and as I am not very computer smart I never know if it's the app or just plain old user error.

Well I have been luckier than some here.  I have all in the app except for this promo dinner and my home airport won't take.  I actually made all regular dining reservations weeks ago.  This is my first smartphone and I have only had it for a few months.  Many of the techies here helped me as I was truly clueless.  I am just hoping that our info does not drop out of the app as some here have had happen.  If it does, then we will just present ourselves at the port with our paperwork.  Keep checking and maybe just maybe something will get fixed along the way before our cruise and you will be able to get the info in the app.  Crossing fingers.