The Daily for Monday December 13, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

It was a first- everyone in the book club had read the book!  Glad I pushed through yesterday.

You're probably sick of talking about it, but did you enjoy Call of the Wild?  I read that and White Fang before our Alaska cruise this year and loved both.  Which was not the case when it was assigned reading in high school.  Same with Hemingway.  I seriously did not like his books when I was younger.  Now I really do.  I was glad I gave Jack London another look.

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

You're probably sick of talking about it, but did you enjoy Call of the Wild?  I read that and White Fang before our Alaska cruise this year and loved both.  Which was not the case when it was assigned reading in high school.  Same with Hemingway.  I seriously did not like his books when I was younger.  Now I really do.  I was glad I gave Jack London another look.

I had to laugh about you saying it being assigned reading in high school. DGD had to read Call of the Wild in 7th grade and was irritated that it was the second time she had to read it. (I think it was because she had changed schools.). Of course, she hadn’t saved the first book so had to buy it again and didn’t remember much from her first reading. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, kazu said:

Just a quick post to thank you all for your kindness and prayers. ♥️ 

I haven’t posted updates as I have no good news and don’t like to be depressing, but Jose is getting worse every day 💔 

They did his lumbar puncture /spinal tap today and some idiot didn’t read the memo to sedate him.  So, they didn’t and of course, he couldn’t hold still and they had to stop.  They fear they didn’t get enough for a good sample but sent it off to the lab in hopes maybe it is and now have ordered another spinal tap 😞 

His MRI is tomorrow.  

I hope we can get an answer soon but at the rate he’s deteriorating…..

This is truly heartbreaking 💔 

Thank you for taking the time to update.  You both have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Will continue us praying for the doctors to get a handle on what is happening to Jose.  🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Like 6

Ice cream, children and violins= ❤️ DH and I are spending a long week in Kona celebrating a granddaughter’s birthday. What a pleasant surprise to find a Dairy Queen right next door to the pizza place. 🍕🍦The DQ happened to have the right sized Oreo cookie cake and the wonderful staff not only decorated it with birthday greetings but packed it with ice for my short drive home. Pizza and Dairy Queen! 
Two CA granddaughters are studying violin and it is a wonderful afternoon when I am able to listen to them practice! Prayers to all, thanks for The Daily. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening all, I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I have a Dr appointment that took months to get, hopefully I will get an answer to my hand tremors and cramping 🤞

Special love and prayers to @kazu.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️

Good luck with your doctor's appointment.

Prayers 🙏 that it is not serious.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Ice cream, children and violins= ❤️ DH and I are spending a long week in Kona celebrating a granddaughter’s birthday. What a pleasant surprise to find a Dairy Queen right next door to the pizza place. 🍕🍦The DQ happened to have the right sized Oreo cookie cake and the wonderful staff not only decorated it with birthday greetings but packed it with ice for my short drive home. Pizza and Dairy Queen! 
Two CA granddaughters are studying violin and it is a wonderful afternoon when I am able to listen to them practice! Prayers to all, thanks for The Daily. 

Happy birthday to your granddaughter.

I hope you both have a nice time in Kona.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211206_183417.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I had to laugh about you saying it being assigned reading in high school. DGD had to read Call of the Wild in 7th grade and was irritated that it was the second time she had to read it. (I think it was because she had changed schools.). Of course, she hadn’t saved the first book so had to buy it again and didn’t remember much from her first reading. 

That is so funny.  Then I guess they haven't changed the junior high reading list in over 50 years -- and the kids haven't liked it all this time!  😳

I guess tell her to wait another 50 years and give it another go.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2