The Daily for Monday December 13, 2021

richwmn

Well, I will try this for today.  I don't know if I have been in CC jail or I am just on someone's "naughty" list. I have been able to read and then ------!

First of all, prayers for @kazufor peace in dealing with her DH's illness and his recovery.  to @Himself, Father hope that your case is mild and recovery is speedy!  @smitty34877, your post today really concerns me.  My continued prayers for Tana.  And to all others on the Care List, my continued prayers.

I got my on-line check-in done for my January Zuiderdam cruise.  Before I got this done, I had two emails about my boarding time changing.  So, who knows how many more I will get before the actual date.  At least I am happy that the Zuiderdam is headed to SanDiego!!!  And before I go to San Diego, I will have been in Hawaii for two weeks.  Finally got my "Hawaii Safe Travels" done and got my vaccine card uploaded.  

Guess I am the next one up for the dermatologist.  I have an appointment this afternoon..  Hoping all is well, but at this age one never knows.  That is the first of my 4 doctor appointments for this week/one was already cancelled.  

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

• Like 18

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily and to all contributors.

Ice Cream Day! I love ice cream, but restricting it for now. Children's Day should be every day. A salute to violins and violinists.

Interesting quote.

Shrimp is one of the few seafood things I eat, but I'll skip the linguine (maybe zoodles?). I'll pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to today's destination. @Quartzsite Cruiser @Horizon chaser 1957 @Vict0riann @sailingdutchy Thanks for the pictures.

Another sunny day here and it's warming up. Still getting the house together. BFF said today he'd like to wait to celebrate Christmas until after his January surgical procedure. I think he thought me having to drive him around, in addition to all the meal prep, would be too much. So it'll be just me here on the 25th.

@rafinmd I hope the treatments are going well.

@kazu Continued fervent prayers for Jose and for strength for you. So sad about the lack of sedation for the LP; hopefully they got enough fluid so it doesn't have to be repeated.

@Himself Prayers for your recovery.

@Seasick Sailor I hope you're having a great time! Thanks for the pictures.

@smitty34877 Safe travels into the city. Sorry to hear Tana isn't feeling well. Prayers for her.

@grapau27 I hope Pauline feels better soon. I had similar symptoms with my 2nd and 3rd Moderna shots, for about 36 hours.

@cunnorl I'm sorry to hear your sister is back in the hospital. Prayers for a swift recovery.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone. Our numbers are a little better: 12.8% positivity rate.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just a quick post to thank you all for your kindness and prayers. ♥️ 

I haven’t posted updates as I have no good news and don’t like to be depressing, but Jose is getting worse every day 💔 

They did his lumbar puncture /spinal tap today and some idiot didn’t read the memo to sedate him.  So, they didn’t and of course, he couldn’t hold still and they had to stop.  They fear they didn’t get enough for a good sample but sent it off to the lab in hopes maybe it is and now have ordered another spinal tap 😞 

His MRI is tomorrow.  

I hope we can get an answer soon but at the rate he’s deteriorating…..

This is truly heartbreaking 💔 

I'm so sorry to hear they didn't sedate Jose before his Lumbar puncture.

Everyone is praying for you both that Jose gets a diagnosis that is treatable Jacqui.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Are you able to be with him?

There are no visitors permitted at the hospital due to covid, but right now there are exceptions.  I am designated as Jose’s DSP (Designated Support Person) and approved by his doctor to visit.

I had to take an educational course on covid & hand washing (I kid you not) and have to take my proof that I took it and passed along with my proof of vaccination and answer the covid questions and can then go to his floor.

39 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I wish we were nearby and could help somehow.  We're praying hard. 

Thanks. 💜 And thanks to everyone for their prayers ♥️ 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 17

58 minutes ago, kazu said:

I haven’t posted updates as I have no good news and don’t like to be depressing, but Jose is getting worse every day 💔 

They did his lumbar puncture /spinal tap today and some idiot didn’t read the memo to sedate him.  So, they didn’t and of course, he couldn’t hold still and they had to stop.  They fear they didn’t get enough for a good sample but sent it off to the lab in hopes maybe it is and now have ordered another spinal tap 😞 

His MRI is tomorrow.  

OMG, and wasn't he the head of anesthesiology prior to retirement? Was that at the hospital in which he is being treated?

Hope something is determined very quickly.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

His MRI is tomorrow.  

Oh Jacqui, @kazu,I am so sorry to hear this.I am sure you are helping Jose by being there but it is so very exhausting. Continued prayers .

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kazu said:

His MRI is tomorrow.  

Jacqui, you and Jose are in our thoughts.  Such a mess that Jose had to endure the test without sedation, and may now face another one because of some idiot not reading the orders.  Hope the test and the MRI help the doctors find the answers they need.  

Please take care of yourself too.  Remember, even though we are all separated, you are not alone.  Everyone here cares about you and Jose, so please let us help with support whenever you need it.  ((((((((((HUG))))))))) from Quartzsite.

Lenda

• Like 17

1 hour ago, kazu said:

His MRI is tomorrow.  

OMG Jacqui!  I can't imagine.  I am hoping that they get something from the lumbar and don't have to do it again.  Also hoping that the MRI sheds some light.  Keep your head high and your heart close.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kazu said:

His MRI is tomorrow.  

Just hugs, Jacqui. I don’t have any words that will help. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

His MRI is tomorrow.  

Jacqui, 

i am so sad to hear this.  I have not been on CC because of bad internet connections on the Riviera.  I have kept you in my prayers in hopes of hearing good news of Jose’s recovery while I was away.

I will continue to pray for him and for you as well.  you need all the strength you can get in times like these.

Love and hugs coming your way.

Terri

• Like 13

@kazuJacqui, I keep expecting to hear good news about Jose.  Not yet, but will keep it firmly in my heart that good news is coming.   The inept spinal tap is just awful.  Perhaps that will be the low point, with better things to come.

@smitty34877, I think of you and Tana often.  When DD lived in Manhattan, she had some health problems and I flew back from San Diego to be with her during visits to Weill Cornell.  That scene is firmly in mind when you share what you are going through.  Stay strong.  Poor Tana.  😞

Thinking of all of you...Charlene and sister, Roy (who is a nail and probably feels much worse than he lets on), Himself now with Covid...sad days.

Prayers for better days ahead.

Maxine

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@cunnorl,I am so sorry to hear that your sister is back in the hospital.Blood clots are scary things. It has to be hard to get this news from afar.

@JazzyV, @bennybear ,  @AncientWanderer  and @quartzite cruisers,thanks for the thoughts about Tana. Our crazy weather changes seem to make it very hard for her to breathe lately. We listened to favorite old Allman Brothers CD’s to keep our spirits up. They let me come in as we had to use a wheelchair today. We realized that we were both at the Beacon theater for the last NY performance   quite a few years ago. Life is funny sometimes,right?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, I am glad that you get to be a Personal Support Person.  DH had lung surgery last fall, and no visitors.  I fell and broke the tip of my elbow off and wedged it on the other side of my arm, no visitors for that surgery.  DH had Proton Radiation every day for the month of January, no visitors, but there was a port a potty in the parking garage....(???really??) and even though we are in the south, January can be quite cold.  So I am glad that you get to be there with him.  It helps with the loneliness and fear.

It was a first- everyone in the book club had read the book!  Glad I pushed through yesterday.

I loved the pictures of Vietnam.  When my dad went to visit my brother who lived in Japan, he decided to take a cruise of the "far east".  He said that Vietnam was the most beautiful place he had been in years.  That was back in the mid 90's.

Not only did I get the Christmas cards mailed, but on the way back from book club, we mailed the gifts to the MIL and our BFF.  All I need to do is shop the DH, and I am done, oh, and the stocking stuffers.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Well, I will try this for today.  I don't know if I have been in CC jail or I am just on someone's "naughty" list. I have been able to read and then ------!

First of all, prayers for @kazufor peace in dealing with her DH's illness and his recovery.  to @Himself, Father hope that your case is mild and recovery is speedy!  @smitty34877, your post today really concerns me.  My continued prayers for Tana.  And to all others on the Care List, my continued prayers.

I got my on-line check-in done for my January Zuiderdam cruise.  Before I got this done, I had two emails about my boarding time changing.  So, who knows how many more I will get before the actual date.  At least I am happy that the Zuiderdam is headed to SanDiego!!!  And before I go to San Diego, I will have been in Hawaii for two weeks.  Finally got my "Hawaii Safe Travels" done and got my vaccine card uploaded.  

Guess I am the next one up for the dermatologist.  I have an appointment this afternoon..  Hoping all is well, but at this age one never knows.  That is the first of my 4 doctor appointments for this week/one was already cancelled.  

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Thank you for your concern.We managed our trip with the wheelchair today.I was glad we did not cancel as she needs help and answers if possible.

• Like 14

Thanks for all the Daily reports, recipes and the photos of today's port.  Ice cream day is most days here.

@smitty34877it's good that Tana attended her appointment today. Hope her condition will soon  improve 

@cunnorl sorry that your sister is back in hospital.

@kazuthank you for taking time to update us, your friends here on the Daily. It is appalling that the sedation was not given prior to the Lumbar Puncture. Hopefully the MRI will provide  answers.

Are you permitted to stay with Jose for a decent length of time, or are you only allowed a short visit with him?     Sending you Big cyber Hugs.

Today we have sunshine again, temperature 17 C.

Sta safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I can definitely celebrate violin day. My grandnephew recently joined the Hyogo Symphony Orchestra, after obtaining his masters in violin.  The symphony hall  is half way between Kyoto and Osaka. It is a wonderful program for young people. Those under 35 can spend 3 years with the orchestra, training and performing.  They are paid, provided with inexpensive apartments, complete with soundproof practice rooms, and assisted with auditions for orchestras around the world. They recently performed Ode to Joy with a 10000 member choir!

• Like 18