Doing West Caribbean. Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany bay. looking for day resort pass suggestions

pokerguy90

In Roatan, just stay on the Carnival private beach unless you have a specific activity you are interested in. There are a couple of amazing places in Roatan to hang our if you like to dive/snorkel (on the other side of the island from Mahogany Bay, it is only 75 yards from the end of the dock to an absolutely amazing coral reef). I spent 2 weeks on Roatan and pretty much saw the entire island. Instead of doing a resort, plan to do the zip lines (there are several good ones). 

No clue on Belize. As a general rule, might be better to just stay on-board on that port. There are no "good" beaches like in the other locations. It can get a little "interesting" once you get out of the gated community. I have walked the entire city (spent 11 days in Belize on a family vacation) and not a lot to see. However, either of the two local super-markets have good honey and sugar that we typically buy in-port. 

There are a ton of resorts to hang out in Cozumel. Several have blow-up floating islands the kids can play on. You should get a ton of advice on CC since there seems to be 3-4 that are typically recommended due to friendly staff/good drinks/etc (but not sure how teen friendly they are). Enjoy.      

Roatan - Infinity Bay Resort has a great day pass on West Bay Beach.  Best beach on the island and amazing snorkeling right from the beach.  We spent a week there and loved it.  We also go there when we cruise.  

The cruise line has a day resort there on the beach called Tabyana Beach Break for around $39.

COZUMEL - Nachi Cocom.  They only allow 130 people in and it is all inclusive.  We love it and have been going there since 2009.

• Like 1

In Cozumel, we have done Nachi, Allegro, Paradise Beach, Chankanaab. Recommend any of those, but Chankanaab above the others for kids. Playa Mia ia another suggestion if your going with kids, although we have never been there, have heard/read good things about it.

In Roatan, we typically go to Little French Key (book thru their website, not offered thru carnival). We have also been to the beach right at the pier. Both are great beach options, but LFK is just plain awesome! 

48 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Roatan - Infinity Bay Resort has a great day pass on West Bay Beach.  Best beach on the island and amazing snorkeling right from the beach.  We spent a week there and loved it.  We also go there when we cruise.  

We just went to Infinity Bay for the first time in November and I highly recommend Craig's suggestion. We have been to that beach a few times before but at the Paradise Beach resort next door (which is also great). Infinity Bay is closer to the snorkeling.

We booked it thru discover roatan tours website and had a great experience. They have a resort/facilities only pass for $45 or all inclusive food and drink for $85. We had a driver and car just for us for the day and she provided outstanding service for us.

• Like 1

Another vote for Nachi Cocum.  We went there our first time in Cozumel and loved it.  Very quiet and laid back since they only allow a certain number of visitors per day.  They were full the second time we went to Cozumel, so we went to Mr. Sancho's instead.  My husband enjoyed it, but I didn't care for it because it was more crowded and noisier.  Depends on what type of environment you prefer.  I already have Nachi booked again for our next Cozumel visit. 

Roatan, we always book a private car through Victor Boden and go where ever we want.  Usually end up at West End, at the end of the day and hit Bananarama which is $10/person (I think).  Its a little farther walk to the far end of the beach to snorkel, than Infinity or Paradise but it is located right at the public beach access road.  $10 just gets you a chair.  there is no pool, and food and drink are extra.  as someone else said the Carnival Tabyana Beach break is the same exact beach as all the rest on the West End so its really personal choice based on the amenities of the 4 mentioned here.

• Like 1

For Cozumel, it has to be Nachi. You will not regret it. 

Belize is a tough one. To my knowledge, there is nothing there from a resort perspective.

You are getting a lot of suggestions to just stay at Mahogany Bay while in Roatan. However, my wife and I like to get away from that area for a more relaxed experience. It is a bit of a cab ride, but there is a resort called Fantasy Island. It is a gorgeous place and you will have the beach to yourself. It is not all-inclusive, but the drinks are totally cheap. That would be my suggestion if you want a quiet, laid back experience.

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Either that or the bar crawl will be on my to-do list for my next Cozumel visit

Cozumel Bar Hop is great.  That's what we usually do just to get out of the tourist zone.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, RockHoundTX said:

No clue on Belize. As a general rule, might be better to just stay on-board on that port.  

How about cave tubing or snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley?

In Roatan, visit the sloth sanctuary by Daniel Johnson.

• Like 1