Royal Up - how much would you bid?

Sosai X

2 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

Thank you. That could be a great deal on a long cruise!

That's what we're hoping for; the max we could bid on the site was $400 per person, so we went with that, hoping we get it.  It's an 8 night sailing so to us, we've decided the added $100/day is worth it.  

Edited by Sosai X
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sosai X said:

It's per person to a maximum of two adults, and for the duration of the cruise, not per day.

How do you know the location of the cabin you are getting. Do they offer that info or just the type of room. In other words, the upgrade could be aft, mid or front- and you won’t know until boarding?

19 minutes ago, thethreeofus said:

How do you know the location of the cabin you are getting. Do they offer that info or just the type of room. In other words, the upgrade could be aft, mid or front- and you won’t know until boarding?

The OP is bidding on a 2bed/2 bath family ocean view on the Radiance class...There is only one of these...so yes...in this case the OP knows where the cabin will be.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 3:47 AM, Sosai X said:

My family and I (two adults, two kids ages 9 and 5) are in a Family Oceanview Stateroom aboard Jewel of the Seas, a Radiance-class ship.   There's a Royal Up opportunity to bid on the "Ocean View Suite - 2 Bedroom (No Balcony)" that has two separate bedrooms, two baths, and while it affords suite benefits, they're not as impressive as what you'd get on some of the larger vessels.

The minimum bid is $50 per adult; the max is $400.   Right now we're in at the top end, but are questioning whether or not it's worth it.

So tell me, fellow cruisers; what would you bid?  WOULD you even place a bid?  And why, or why not?

How do you bid??

• 4 months later...

There is no max bid, first time I bid got owners suite a $12,000 room for …….???. Not telling but I paid $1422 for the cruise 7 days Baltic and got the suite for lees than than $1000 so $2422 total

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 80sGal said:

How close to sailing do bids open up?  I see bids are taken until very close to sailing, but when does bidding begin?  

Up to about 90 days out but generally closer in. 

• Thanks 1