Masks after 12/19

gmkgks

Ok so I just hung up with NCL. I cancelled my upcoming Feb and May sailings. The agent said that they were informed that, at present, masks will be required on all sailings through Jan 31, 2022. She also said that when they asked mgmt whether this will be extended beyond that date, the answer was "almost certainly". They are not changing their cancellation timeframe back to 60 days, either. 

So there you have it. 

Just now, Steve_MI said:

Ok so I just hung up with NCL. I cancelled my upcoming Feb and May sailings. The agent said that they were informed that, at present, masks will be required on all sailings through Jan 31, 2022. She also said that when they asked mgmt whether this will be extended beyond that date, the answer was "almost certainly". They are not changing their cancellation timeframe back to 60 days, either. 

So there you have it. 

I wasn't willing to take the chance NCL would keep  the masking requirement for our Mar 22 cruise so we cancelled.

35 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We received an email for our 1/30 Encore cruise. NCL is dropping the at-home testing after 1/17 and is going back to embarkation tests. Masks will be required during the cruise. 

We're disappointed but don't plan on cancelling. 

So testing at pier back indefinitely for those sailings after 1/17?

4 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

So testing at pier back indefinitely for those sailings after 1/17?

47 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Testing will resume at the pier

1433842565_Screenshot2021-12-20102755.png.4cb341f721e5cdb7372e596c9623df0e.png

Yes, pier testing will continue after 1/17. You will need to register to be tested starting 21 days before you cruise.

I just received the notice for my sailings on 1/23 and 1/30 from NCL. I did book through a travel agent so will expect something from them also. It really should come as no surprise to anyone based on the uptick of cases. Our cruises have been rebooked 4 times since our original sailing in March 2020 got cancelled. We are still going and will enjoy ourselves no matter what. I will just be happy to be in the sunshine and on a ship. 

• Like 6

Good on NCL for making the right decision!!! With the virus surging, any responsible

business would increase their mitigation, and that is exactly what NCL is doing.

We have been to many beach resorts where masks are required inside and outside. We have sailed on Royal with masks. It was no big deal,,, except to the very small minority who wanted to make it a deal. 

Sail Safe!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I wasn't willing to take the chance NCL would keep  the masking requirement for our Mar 22 cruise so we cancelled.

I don't blame you....you had a lot of money involved.

The cost of our March trip is "minimal"......and we live right by the port (10 minute cab ride).  Although I really don't want to wear a mask, and DH really really doesn't want to wear a mask...for us it would be missing a great value...expecially if masks may become a "forever thing"....and looking at the prices of future cruises.

• Like 1

Received the mask mandate email and quite happy with the decision by NCL. I sailed on Royal with similar mask mandates in public, unvaccinated spaces. I also wore my mask in the vaccinated areas when around others in October. This will be exactly the same and I'm 100% onboard with it. Too much COVID spread everywhere up my way and on ships lately. Time for sensible approaches while still enjoying the holiday. Stay safe fellow cruiers!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KAYKAY121 said:

I think they booked more people than advertised on holiday sailings and that is why we have to wear masks. NO FACTS. Just my theory. 

Considering the rate of the spread of this new variant, I'm not sure your theory holds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

GEEZE... something this important and they didn't get a proof reader?

I believe that should read 'can be achieved". 

Or reword that second line completely to eliminate the double negative.

FOllowing Exceptions: When physically distanced outdoors

Someone at NCL should be reading carefully and slowly 

No typo.

If you are outdoors and you CAN physically distance, then you should do so, and you do not need to wear a mask while doing so.

If you are outdoors and CANNOT physically distance because it is too crowded, at that point you must wear a mask even though you are outdoors.

8 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

Unfortunately times keep changing.  As of right now the mask policy was only for sailings through 12/19.  Don't know what the future is going to be or what the policy will be.  Just have to relax and enjoy it even if masks have to be worn.  We cruise in 1/8, and there is the possibility that it will be extended, but I'm not going to let it ruin my cruise.

We embarked on Joy December 11 and disembarked on December 18. There was no requirement of masking anywhere on the ship that week. The masking requirement started with the cruise that embarked when we got off the ship. We just missed that new protocol and I'm sooooooo glad we did.