Is 11:30 the earliest check-in time?

dateacher

I checked in last night (yes stayed up until mid-night) to check into my cruise on Feb, 4.  The earliest option was 11:30 which we got but was just wondering if there were earlier times that I missed and should keep looking back or be happy that I got the earliest time. 

And yes, I understand that is early  but we usually are on the ship by 11 or 11:30 (except for the time I forgot my passport) and the earlier I can start my vacation the better.

7 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I checked in last night (yes stayed up until mid-night) to check into my cruise on Feb, 4.  The earliest option was 11:30 which we got but was just wondering if there were earlier times that I missed and should keep looking back or be happy that I got the earliest time. 

And yes, I understand that is early  but we usually are on the ship by 11 or 11:30 (except for the time I forgot my passport) and the earlier I can start my vacation the better.

We have had the 11:30 check-in and got there about 11:10. They were checking people in but both times we weren't allowed to get on the ship until 11:30. 

• Thanks 1

We had an 11:30 check in time for the Silhouette earlier this month in Port Everglades (the earliest option we had).  We arrived shortly before 11, got in the (short) line outside the terminal designated for our check in time, and noticed a couple of empty designated line areas for earlier arrival times. As soon as we arrived, we were ushered into the terminal, where we saw others already waiting to board. The boarding started almost immediately, and we were on the ship by about 11:15 am. And that included going through security and also showing our negative test results, vaccine cards, and Express Pass at several different points along the way. It was by far the smoothest and fastest embarkation ever. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, wattsde said:

We have an 11:00 checkin time slot for our January Cruise.

For which sailing?

11:30 is the earliest I've seen.  I checked in for my late January Reflection sailing minutes after check-in opened and 11:30 was the earliest. 

Edited by D C

I've heard of people getting earlier times on here, but for my Equinox cruise in August and October 11:30 was the earliest that ever opened.  I originally had 12:00 and checked back frequently and 11:30 opened and I was able to grab it.  Just as a note, if you change times, make sure to change it for both people, it doesn't do that automatically.

We are on the Constellation out of Tampa on December 23 and 12:00 is the earliest time that has been available since the cruise opened for online check in.  I check back frequently and nothing earlier has opened.  Maybe it depends on the ship and the port.  

We just sailed on the Reflection. Our check in time was 11:30. The hotel only offered shuttles at 10:30 or 11:30. Since we didn’t want to be late we went at 10:30. When we arrived we told them that our check in was 11:30 and that we would wait, but they told us to go ahead on in. There were only a handful of people there so we were on quickly. It was so nice. 

• Like 1

BTW, I had not selected a time yet. Pulled up the app and could select a time starting at 10:30. I chose 11:00 and subsequently received an email confirming the 11:00-11:30 time slot. I know suites have flexibility but I'm not sure if one could actually show up at 10:00 and board the ship.

My check-in started today for Feb 4th cruise, but the app wouldn’t let me select a boarding time yet. It said to check back closer to the cruise. It let me scan passport, the pictures of vaccine cards and our pictures, but that was it. I’m bummed because I started the process at midnight to try and get an early boarding time.

Fortunately we are in a suite, so it may not matter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dateacher said:

I am checked in for B2B cruises on Silhouette January 24 and February 4 at 11:30, I just checked again and they have 10:30 so I changed it, I just want to be on board 😎

45 minutes ago, cnkgirl said:

I am checked in for B2B cruises on Silhouette January 24 and February 4 at 11:30, I just checked again and they have 10:30 so I changed it, I just want to be on board 😎

Where can I find available arrival times and make a change?  I checked in about a week ago and have an 11:30 arrival time--I'd love to arrive earlier if possible.  

1 hour ago, sn2792 said:

My check-in started today for Feb 4th cruise, but the app wouldn’t let me select a boarding time yet. It said to check back closer to the cruise. It let me scan passport, the pictures of vaccine cards and our pictures, but that was it. I’m bummed because I started the process at midnight to try and get an early boarding time.

Fortunately we are in a suite, so it may not matter.

We are on the Feb. 4 Silhouette and we were able to check in around 12:15 AM Eastern time and I changed it this afternoon.