Waiting until boarding to reserve specialty dining on Mardi Gras with OBC?

WorkerBee74

We have a a $600 OBC from our previous cancellations so would like to use some of it for specialty dining.

I believe you have to pay in advance to reserve prior, so what is it like to wait until boarding to reserve?  I assume that way you can charge to your S&S and use your OBC?  Can you book via HUB or do you have to visit the restaurant in person to reserve?

Thanks much!

Check out your cruise manager to see if you can use the OBC prior to boarding (some people can, some can't).  If you can't, just log into the HUB app when you are on board and make your reservation.  It will then be charged to your S&S account (and use your OBC).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I think you might be able to make reservations from the cruise terminal before boarding, as long as you are in range of the ship's WIFI and have the app on your phone.

You won't be able to sign into the Carnival Hub app before you're on board since you need your Folio number to sign in with, which is on your Sail-n-Sign card, which will be patiently waiting for you in your cabin's mailbox.

And it's been my experience (although on ships other than Mardi Gras) that I've never had a problem making specialty dining reservations once on board if I did it the first day or two.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, groundloop said:

You won't be able to sign into the Carnival Hub app before you're on board since you need your Folio number to sign in with, which is on your Sail-n-Sign card, which will be patiently waiting for you in your cabin's mailbox.

And it's been my experience (although on ships other than Mardi Gras) that I've never had a problem making specialty dining reservations once on board if I did it the first day or two.

I thought about that, but maybe when you check in they can tell you? It has to be somewhere and known, or you couldn't use your boarding pass to make purchases.

10 hours ago, groundloop said:

You do NOT need your folio number to sign into the HUB app.  You can sign in with your normal log in information or booking number.  You only need your folio number to purchase internet packages.

13 hours ago, kelhag said:

I believe if you cruise during or after March 2022 you can use your OBC before you cruise. If you cruise before March 2022 you have to wait to use your OBC while on the ship.

What I had read was this goes int effect for cruises starting after March 15-----figures, we have a cruise March 5 and when I tried to use OBC it did not show as a choice for payment. If your cruise IS after March 15 our PVP told us to go to the cruise management page, select the dining or tour you wish to purchase and one of the payment options should be "use on board credit".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

What I had read was this goes int effect for cruises starting after March 15-----figures, we have a cruise March 5 and when I tried to use OBC it did not show as a choice for payment. If your cruise IS after March 15 our PVP told us to go to the cruise management page, select the dining or tour you wish to purchase and one of the payment options should be "use on board credit".

This is correct. We have a B2B on the Mardi Gras in April and we were able to use OBC to book Specialty restaurants in advance. 👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:22 PM, BlerkOne said:

I think you might be able to make reservations from the cruise terminal before boarding, as long as you are in range of the ship's WIFI and have the app on your phone.

Using HUB requires you to know your folio number.  How could you use HUB to reserve before getting your S&S?

My cruise isn't until December 2022 but as of right now I cannot find a way to use my OBC prior to the cruise. I have $500 obc from Carnival and an additional $150 from my TA.  I know the OBC from the TA wont be available until we board but I would expect the $500 from carnival should be available.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, Schoifmom said:

You do NOT need your folio number to sign into the HUB app.  You can sign in with your normal log in information or booking number.  You only need your folio number to purchase internet packages.

So my daughter and I share the internet package and we need to enter the folio number each time we want to USE internet, not just purchase.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

So my daughter and I share the internet package and we need to enter the folio number each time we want to USE internet, not just purchase.

Yes, but not simply to use the HUB app.  You can use the HUB app without purchasing an internet package.  You do not need your folio number just to sign into the HUB app.

Edited by Schoifmom

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Yes, but not simply to use the HUB app.  You can use the HUB app without purchasing an internet package.  You do not need your folio number just to sign into the HUB app.

I think I understand now.  You're saying you can reserve specialty dining on Mardi Gras using HUB app before boarding and knowing your folio.  Sorry about my confusion, and thanks.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, nessachelle said:

My cruise isn't until December 2022 but as of right now I cannot find a way to use my OBC prior to the cruise. I have $500 obc from Carnival and an additional $150 from my TA.  I know the OBC from the TA wont be available until we board but I would expect the $500 from carnival should be available.

I had to get ti the checkout page, the OBC available was right above where I would put in my CC info and it was "small" I almost missed it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for the advice here.  We were able to book our Teppenyaki and Steakhouse dinners and use our OBC in advance.

@wesorbeth is right... you have to literally click 'complete purchase' which looks like it is the FINAL button, however it is the page where you would put your CC info in if you were just paying straight, but you would see the OBC just above the credit card stuff and fill it out instead of or in addition to the CC info.  Can you see it @nessachelle if you go that far?