I don't regret

SSBrickNJ

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

We've moved our January RC cruise to a Jan X cruise, as most of the onboard activities continue to be offered (as well as no masking, provided protocols remain unchanged).  Just can't fathom paying for the experience RC is offering.

The experience is definitely watered down at the moment. So far the most frustrating part for us is trying to eat in windjammer.. we are windjammer people. We prefer it to the main dining room 75% of the time but right now it is just a "chore" to go eat. You have to stand in line, get your card scanned, then wash your hands. Then the crew serves everything, which is ok, but just so time consuming.  Then the tables are blocked for "social distancing" which is all ok but common sense tells u that maybe every other table should be blocked but no there is just random Bunches of tables that have a card on them that says "unavailable for social distancing". No joke this morning I couldn't find a table for breakfast.thwre would be two or three tables in a row unavailable, instead of say every other one.. it just doesn't make sense..  The crew is doing an amazing job considering the circumstances, and we feel very bad for them.. but the experience is just different at the moment and anyone with an upcoming booking needs to think long and hard about it and make sure they are ok with the "watered down" experience.

• Thanks 5

19 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I "should" be (originally) on Anthem of the Seas right now, but I don't regret that I cancelled.

#1 Anyone on the ship paying for wifi and reading this? If "Yes", how is it?

#2 Anyone reading this who also was originally booked and then cancelled?

Someday I hope to go on RC again. I'm fully vaccinated and could have gone this week.

I just didn't want to.

The cruise industry is really unstable right now.  Hopefully it will improve in the coming months.

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, sammee said:

Hi neighbor, I'm in Whiting area. I was lucky enough to go on Anthem for Nov 28. I guess that was shortly before the scales tipped. You do what's best for you. I probably would have cancelled too once this variant reared it's ugly head. I'm vaccinated too. I had no problem wearing the masks,  but it's just no fun looking over your shoulder as to when and if you'll going to be the next positive case no matter how careful you are. Hoping things get better so you can cruise again. I'm not scheduled for anymore until next October. I have no intention of booking unless it's last minute, good price and less stressful.

Small world. We’re in Whiting too.

15 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be on a cruise on Sunday,  if all is still ok and flights aren't cancelled .  While we are apprehensive, I don't like putting things off.  We are young healthy seniors.  However if we put things off again- will we be healthy and alive next year?  Have had friends and collegues who have had various disorders and illness- who were previously healthy, who have passed away or become disabled during this covid period.

I completely understand and respect people who decide to cancel their cruise. However, I have a bad addiction when it comes to cruising. We went on 6 cruises this year and have 9 cruises booked next year. The only way we wouldn’t go on a cruise is if the cruise line cancelled a cruise we were booked on. With the exception of staying home, the safest place I have felt is being on a cruise ship. However, we live in Florida which has been pretty much open since the Summer of 2020. Florida and COVID protocols are not two things that go together. 

9 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

The experience is definitely watered down at the moment. So far the most frustrating part for us is trying to eat in windjammer.. we are windjammer people. We prefer it to the main dining room 75% of the time but right now it is just a "chore" to go eat. You have to stand in line, get your card scanned, then wash your hands. Then the crew serves everything, which is ok, but just so time consuming.  Then the tables are blocked for "social distancing" which is all ok but common sense tells u that maybe every other table should be blocked but no there is just random Bunches of tables that have a card on them that says "unavailable for social distancing". No joke this morning I couldn't find a table for breakfast.thwre would be two or three tables in a row unavailable, instead of say every other one.. it just doesn't make sense..  The crew is doing an amazing job considering the circumstances, and we feel very bad for them.. but the experience is just different at the moment and anyone with an upcoming booking needs to think long and hard about it and make sure they are ok with the "watered down" experience.

We are also Windjammer people, so totally with you.

Our bookings now are later in the year, I have canceled so many cruises. If the mask is still mandatory by August/September we'll just stay home. I don't want to regret going on a cruise, I enjoy them too much, don't want to lose that joy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now I am extra extra glad I am home and not on a cruise ship.

This afternoon the CDC issued an advisory that even fully vaccinated people with booster shots should not go on a cruise. It's so likely that even those folks will ( and currently) become infected.

Here's the article...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-avoid-cruise-travel-regardless-of-vaccination-status-184307217.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Now I am extra extra glad I am home and not on a cruise ship.

This afternoon the CDC issued an advisory that even fully vaccinated people with booster shots should not go on a cruise. It's so likely that even those folks will ( and currently) become infected.

Here's the article...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-avoid-cruise-travel-regardless-of-vaccination-status-184307217.html

You are still listening to the CDC? 

Where is the CDC advisory that people should not attend NFL Playoff games? When that comes out maybe we can talk about them having a shred of credibility.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NightOne said:

You are still listening to the CDC? 

Where is the CDC advisory that people should not attend NFL Playoff games? When that comes out maybe we can talk about them having a shred of credibility.

That's true re. the NFL...which is outdoors though.

I am mostly noticing that this week there were over 80 ships on a given day that had covid issues.

It is seemingly NOT a good time this coming Jan. or Feb. to go on a cruise. I don't need the CDC to tell me that. Just watch the news and read stories on cruise critic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSBrickNJ said:

That's true re. the NFL...which is outdoors though.

I am mostly noticing that this week there were over 80 ships on a given day that had covid issues.

It is seemingly NOT a good time this coming Jan. or Feb. to go on a cruise. I don't need the CDC to tell me that. Just watch the news and read stories on cruise critic. 

The ENTIRE world had covid issues this week. Stop being so clueless. LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NightOne said:

There is nothing LOL about this.

I am not clueless.

If you want to go on a cruise ship and join the many fully vaccinated folks contracting covid...go right ahead.

Don't classify my common sense caution with the word "clueless".

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NightOne said:

wow....

I think the big difference here is that one could spend $$$ to not only deal with Covid but also not get the full experience of a cruise or possibly end up quarantined. Or one could choose to stay home for "free" and deal with Covid while in the comfort of their own home. I don't find what was said to be clueless in any way, shape or form.  

• Like 7

On 12/27/2021 at 6:04 AM, soremekun said:

I'm onboard Anthem now.  Masking is not ideal for cruising but I understand why, so I comply.  Other than missing a port stop at Port Canaveral (for bogus weather reasons aka they lied to us) things are going well.

If possible can you give a quick rundown on how the cruise is going? Such as the food, entertainment?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

There is nothing LOL about this.

I am not clueless.

If you want to go on a cruise ship and join the many fully vaccinated folks contracting covid...go right ahead.

Don't classify my common sense caution with the word "clueless".

You aren't clueless.  Don't let someone who has the time on their hands to post almost 3,000 times to this site alone bother you.  If the value you would get by going outweighs the cost/risk of going, you should go.  If not, you shouldn't go.  I cancelled my 1/2/2022 sailing on Harmony because it's not worth it to me.  Going to FL instead for a week at the beach/golf course/tennis courts.  But I encourage those that do feel like it is worth it to go.  That will help keep the industry afloat in the meantime.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I know this is not quite the same thing but to your logic....

There are just under 16,000 cities in America that have populations under 10,000!  I am willing to bet that each and every one of them is having 'Covid issues'. 

You don't see the CDC saying 'Don't go visit them...

College hockey game inside - still happening with in excess of 5,000

College and pro basketball - still happening (INSIDE) with in excess of 5,000

Some Pro football is happening indoors with more than 50,000

...I make my point that if on a ship that has both indoor and outdoor areas (All of them...) has a total head count including crew of 5,500 and 50 people test positive, that is .9%.  (Point nine percent)

The media has a hay day with that number but will not report on anything else...pathetic.

-Off my soap box and apologies in advance...just frustrated...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

There are just under 16,000 cities in America that have populations under 10,000!  I am willing to bet that each and every one of them is having 'Covid issues'. 

College hockey game inside - still happening with in excess of 5,000

College and pro basketball - still happening (INSIDE) with in excess of 5,000

Some Pro football is happening indoors with more than 50,000

...I make my point that if on a ship that has both indoor and outdoor areas (All of them...) has a total head count including crew of 5,500 and 50 people test positive, that is .9%.  (Point nine percent)

The media has a hay day with that number but will not report on anything else...pathetic.

-Off my soap box and apologies in advance...just frustrated...

Yes. I regret I mentioned the CDC. Regarding the indoor sports...it would not surprise me if new rules or mandates or whatever will surface soon. There were some College Bowl Games that were cancelled...some are supposedly postponed. Also NHL and NFL games have been postponed. It is going to effect many aspects of life regardless of what the CDC says or does not say.

• Like 1

As much as I miss being on board and not looking forward to another winter in NY, I know in my heart that I did the right thing for my health in cancelling all of my cruises in January through March. Yes, I will lose out on a few hundred points, but I will stay safe and sail again when hopefully things are back to normal.  Too much of what I enjoy about being onboard has fallen victim to the pandemic.  I am looking forward to the time when I can be at ease and fully enjoy myself.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, auburn34 said:

You aren't clueless.  Don't let someone who has the time on their hands to post almost 3,000 times to this site alone bother you.  If the value you would get by going outweighs the cost/risk of going, you should go.  If not, you shouldn't go.  I cancelled my 1/2/2022 sailing on Harmony because it's not worth it to me.  Going to FL instead for a week at the beach/golf course/tennis courts.  But I encourage those that do feel like it is worth it to go.  That will help keep the industry afloat in the meantime.

I've been here for 19 and 1/2 years - SMH

Yup, go to Florida instead of a cruise as there are no Covid cases there this week.

Clueless is the RIGHT word.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Exactly!

CDC is a joke

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SSBrickNJ said:

I will and I don't need YOUR permission.

If you are too fearful to cruise then don't do it but don't come on here and piss on everyone else who disagrees with you and imply they don't have common sense if they don't agree with.

19 hours ago, auburn34 said:

I agree, I put that guy on ignore, by his responses, he appeared to be just looking for problems. The OP actually made people feel better about the decision to cancel or move their cruises. So many things to consider, not everybody is the same.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, franncos said:

If possible can you give a quick rundown on how the cruise is going? Such as the food, entertainment?

Thanks

All the shows were being run.  There was no aerialist in Spectra's, not sure why not.  We Will Rock You was the same as pre covid.  The Gift has been gone since the restart, but that isn't any big loss.  They had a special Christmas show this past week, the usual mix of guest entertainers (singer, comedian, fiddler-guy), and some other entertainment events.  They had the usual mix of musicians in the pub, schooner, boleros, and music hall.  The band in music hall wasn't great, but the others were quite good.  Food was good.  Our wait staff and room steward weren't great, but I just decided to not get too annoyed about it.