Navica/eMed test question "Is this your first Covid test?"

Smmessineo

I'm watching videos to refresh my memory before we test on Friday. We cruised in August using these Binax home proctored tests, too. One of the questions they ask when you log in to test is

"Is this your first covid test?"

Do they mean first test EVER? Because we did test through them in August.

Or do they mean first test recently ( like you are retesting due to error or clearing quarantine after a positive). 

Maybe I'm overthinking this.....lol

I suspect if your answer is yes they will ask you when you were last tested.  I think there is a min time between these types of test something like 3 days.   I'd be interested in the answer as I took a practice one a few weeks ago and will be testing for my upcoming cruise on New Years day.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I suspect if your answer is yes they will ask you when you were last tested.  I think there is a min time between these types of test something like 3 days.   I'd be interested in the answer as I took a practice one a few weeks ago and will be testing for my upcoming cruise on New Years day.

I think that it is more to determine if you have gone through and are familiar with the process of swabbing ones nose.

I answered yes and there were no other questions related to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

If you answer , "no this is not my first test", the next question is "what was the result of your last test".  If the answer is "negative" then there are no further questions about when you were tested.

Thank you ! 

16 minutes ago, cruisinsusin said:

If you answer , "no this is not my first test", the next question is "what was the result of your last test".  If the answer is "negative" then there are no further questions about when you were tested.

This was my experience as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

I'm watching videos to refresh my memory before we test on Friday. We cruised in August using these Binax home proctored tests, too. One of the questions they ask when you log in to test is

"Is this your first covid test?"

Do they mean first test EVER? Because we did test through them in August.

Or do they mean first test recently ( like you are retesting due to error or clearing quarantine after a positive). 

Maybe I'm overthinking this.....lol

No, you are not overthinking, that was my first thought - “like, ever…?”. As a clinical lab person, I’ve probably had 10 or 15 Covid tests of varying sorts, several of which probably didn’t really even work! So that’s quite the loaded question for me, lol!

We just placed an order over the weekend with eMed (our second); I'm surprised they still have to go through that rigmarole of asking why you need the kits and having a medical doctor approve the order, since the same home tests (without a proctor) can be purchased (if you can find them) off the shelf in a brick and mortar store, no questions asked.  

As someone pointed out on another thread these tests are labeled RX and the others are Home.  While I agree they are probably the same I'm sure they are regulated differently.

I have some of both as I'm going to use the emed ones to satisfy the Celebrity requirement and then take a few with me on the sailing to have if I want to test myself.