ID Now covid testing at Walgreens

trvlwrld

What exactly happens if you take your covid test two days from sailing and it turns up positive?  Are you not allowed to board?  Do they refund all your money or give you credit?  What about airline cost?

I am vaccinated, but have never had a covid test as I have not felt sick through the entire pandemic.  I suppose it's possible I've had it but didn't know it.  Just curious how all that works since you need a test that close to sailing.

You need a negative Covid Test to board the ship, you  show the results with your vax card. 

Covid 19 Protection Plan- covers cancellations within 30 days of sailing when cancellations are due to testing positive or suspecting you may have Covid.

Edited by Jadn13

17 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Is that a proctored test?

Mine was done through the drive through. It is observed by the pharmacy staff and they send a swab out to you via the drive through window and you swab your nose yourself (they tell you how long) and you send the swab back to them via the drive through window. You have to show them your ID also.

I have done this 2x.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sound_guy0918 said:

I've also used Walgreens several times and it meets requirements for PCL.

Note that in Ohio they are booked out due to high demand...check every day in the morning and you should see appointments available about one week ahead.

I am trying to book a Walgreens test now for when I return and I am taken to a virtual waiting room due to the high demand! Uggh.

I have heard the drive through place I went to for this cruise (plus Walgreens) has a 2 hour wait right now. I figured Walgreens would be a better choice. Maybe not.

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Is the rapid test at Walgreen's something new? We're looking for the test with results within an hour.

There are 2 rapid tests at Walgreens. The one within an hour is not available in my area. The one available in 24 hours is available in my area. I know from speaking to the pharmacist that it takes 20 minutes for them to process. It took 5 hours to get the results on the 18th when I went. This is their ID NOW test.

• Like 1

There are two types of COVID tests (done at Walgreens/CVS/Rite Aid/pharmacies).  

Rapid Antigen Tests and Rapid PCR tests are done in house (there is a machine that will process the results within the hour).

Regular PCR tests need to be sent out to a lab (instate/interstate).  Depending if it needs to be overnighted out to a lab in another state will determine return time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sound_guy0918 said:

Note that in Ohio they are booked out due to high demand...check every day in the morning and you should see appointments available about one week ahead.

Or stay up late and log on first thing on the day your booking date opens.  That's what I did to get 2 spots on Friday, December 31st.  I wasn't sure when the new bookings opened.   I logged on at 12:05 am EST Friday, December 24 and had my choice of appointments (they schedule one appointment every 15 minutes). 

You can only make one booking at a time since you need to provide personal information.  Luckily no one had booked the 15 minute block before or after mine so I had no problem getting consecutive appointments for two people.  I also recommend doing a mock booking before the real thing to get accustomed to the questions and required information you need to enter.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Coral said:

There are 2 rapid tests at Walgreens. The one within an hour is not available in my area. The one available in 24 hours is available in my area. I know from speaking to the pharmacist that it takes 20 minutes for them to process. It took 5 hours to get the results on the 18th when I went. This is their ID NOW test.

We now have a few free options in our area.

CVS, Walgreens and a Lab close by. 

14 hours ago, Coral said:

One of our drive throughs wait is 2 hours now 😞

Here in our part of Florida there doesn't seem to be any waiting right now. I went to one of the labs & there was no one waiting with 5 lines open. No appointment necessary.

I'll check out Walgreen's today. 

51 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Here in our part of Florida there doesn't seem to be any waiting right now. I went to one of the labs & there was no one waiting with 5 lines open. No appointment necessary.

I'll check out Walgreen's today. 

What is your city?  I am also in SWFL and trying to get things lined up.  Thanks

Judy from SW Florida

54 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

What is your city?  I am also in SWFL and trying to get things lined up.  Thanks

Judy from SW Florida

Cape Coral.

I initially used this web site https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

to locate a lab for testing and it directed me to this lab on Santa Barbara but when I checked it again with my zip code I get directed to a CVS on Del Prado. Strange. I know the testing site at Santa Barbara is there right now & the woman told me that they have a 2 year lease on the location. 

Tel 239-405-9276

_LGiwUpLcrycEMchccux0ZpPOSp1g5rQqYS7lcb4UVDFVdP3TErq2moy_CAZSCFVqyuIZPLx-nw4240J7zZAlvoE9-8b18EvUo6SmQkhBBfg4cXLpYQIh_o9sS33d3oMrrLKXngRNITz00P0CD-Q_0alTE8KJeLcKwnGUAiF1hvIGMzIQWF8Hq8mzqw9K9bSA-ki5z5EjQIFIHM3TQwDeMYuQa3Zfk8s2GbtAE5T7WKyNoVDpTSVCbhXT3nE0SV4oJcKK-e9IlbSeR0lI4eBYgTXnJYUAVEqxIvZEIB0PwVtFz5BvO8SBUcJABqw2dHbNVgGqQYp1TvuX_uaLPMPEtnjlsHeioGOAgFVsJS74yCdalU4hnIG-edF4kR44TPUcw5CL1A86Q6n0qxGTGCZGQUl6DkYHht4ootEBbTODKZ3wAO39c_qsSSkeETyeGObo8glHZoc3_u7mDq5bTlSaT6t05g1H0kxao27pKmCE_CdIiWLjZcXwytSUczUssHMlbwhgmZa0YWHmXbKeZnwu6a5ZTbpsVKmy2DiLNnLknS60I0n6hULIiY7Y_mE2IVdsn5Lq0TY6pehY9NuDn-DD18FV6gtKSwRw5gOKXc-WvNA-42v6n9M6R-P1XmS8fY129v4siMIShPCZ60h5m38_QmSSIOLHNN5JAzHyS9643R6Qr_DphYhKBnK4lRCVmbpXEwOp8QlNdRuWDRxPtFgWRwL=w498-h663-no?authuser=0

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Coral said:

We have done the 24 hour test several tmes  and have always gotten the results within a few hours. 

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

Or stay up late and log on first thing on the day your booking date opens.  That's what I did to get 2 spots on Friday, December 31st.  I wasn't sure when the new bookings opened.   I logged on at 12:05 am EST Friday, December 24 and had my choice of appointments (they schedule one appointment every 15 minutes). 

You can only make one booking at a time since you need to provide personal information.  Luckily no one had booked the 15 minute block before or after mine so I had no problem getting consecutive appointments for two people.  I also recommend doing a mock booking before the real thing to get accustomed to the questions and required information you need to enter.

Good advice! I did the same but logged in really early, around 5am, on the day appts opened. 

On 12/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

What exactly happens if you take your covid test two days from sailing and it turns up positive?  Are you not allowed to board?  Do they refund all your money or give you credit?  What about airline cost?

I am vaccinated, but have never had a covid test as I have not felt sick through the entire pandemic.  I suppose it's possible I've had it but didn't know it.  Just curious how all that works since you need a test that close to sailing.

You will not be permitted to board and should not even travel to the port.  Unless you booked EZAir, any airline,  or other travel expenses like a non-refundable hotel reservation,  should  be covered by your travel insurance. Details are on the Princess website regarding refunds/fcc

Edited by Buckeye10640

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We have done the 24 hour test several tmes  and have always gotten the results within a few hours. 

This summer - I did the test as I was exposed to someone. I was able to call and get the results but had to call the lab the next day to get an email as it was never sent out. They had given me lab information then (even though the test was processed locally). Just recently - I didn't get the lab phone number to call.

22 hours ago, Coral said:

This summer - I did the test as I was exposed to someone. I was able to call and get the results but had to call the lab the next day to get an email as it was never sent out. They had given me lab information then (even though the test was processed locally). Just recently - I didn't get the lab phone number to call.