Move up question

natanya13

Sailing in Jan 3. Move up bid states "upgraded", credit card charge cleared Dec 28, but no email notification and all docs have original cabin. 

We booked through icruise and they don't seem to know what the Move Up is. 

Any ideas on when the docs might update? Should I contact celebrity directly?

13 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you logged in and looked in Manage Reservation.   Your updated cabin number should be in there.   I would think you Xpress pass would be updated as well, have you checked on the app?

Have checked the app and the main site.  Edocs still have old cabin number.  Guess I will call.  

• Like 1

OK now there is a new twist.  Finally got through to Celebrity.  At first, they wanted me to go through icruise.  When I told them the agents I had spoken with at icruise were not aware of the Move Up program and that I also had received someone else's documents on the date that my credit card was charged they did pass me on to the Group booking (agency) representative.  

When he looked up my reservation it still showed me in the original concierge cabin.  When I gave him the reservation number of the person's documents I received he said it did show that they had received a Move Up.  They are not on my cruise, their name is no where close to mine, so I can not figure why their documents came to my email (definitely a potential security issue).

So at this time I have paid for a Move Up for another person who sails the day before I do (Jan 2).

I currently am on hold with the Celebrity group representative who is on hold for the resolution desk.  

Personally I am not impressed at this time with my first Celebrity experience.  

Will update when I hear more. 

50 minutes ago, natanya13 said:

OK now there is a new twist.  Finally got through to Celebrity.  At first, they wanted me to go through icruise.  When I told them the agents I had spoken with at icruise were not aware of the Move Up program and that I also had received someone else's documents on the date that my credit card was charged they did pass me on to the Group booking (agency) representative.  

When he looked up my reservation it still showed me in the original concierge cabin.  When I gave him the reservation number of the person's documents I received he said it did show that they had received a Move Up.  They are not on my cruise, their name is no where close to mine, so I can not figure why their documents came to my email (definitely a potential security issue).

So at this time I have paid for a Move Up for another person who sails the day before I do (Jan 2).

I currently am on hold with the Celebrity group representative who is on hold for the resolution desk.  

Update: after 1 hour and 21 minutes on the line with Celebrity they finally say they have me in the Move Up cabin 2150.  I would think that they would have offered a higher upgrade given the circumstances.  But hopefully the person who received the "accidental" upgrade is able to keep it.  

7 hours ago, natanya13 said:

Update: after 1 hour and 21 minutes on the line with Celebrity they finally say they have me in the Move Up cabin 2150.  I would think that they would have offered a higher upgrade given the circumstances.  But hopefully the person who received the "accidental" upgrade is able to keep it.  

Now you just need to hope your flight to your departure port is flying and your cruise is able to visit all scheduled ports.

It is certainly a bit chaotic in cruise land today.  Patience and being flexible will improve your cruise.  With so many staff out sick combined with the holidays, anything travel related is experiencing challenges.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

8 hours ago, natanya13 said:

This may only be your first hurdle, but please remember it is Covid.  I have always found that once I get onboard, all the other stuff melts away almost instantaneously.  Remember that when you MoveUp, you "agree" to the cabin you receive, as that was part of the policy.  Although, I have heard of others who have asked nicely to change cabins, in the same category, if others are available.  You do not get a higher level suite just because of an issue.  Did you check your cabin # on here to see if anything has been written about it?  Deck 11 would be my go to cabin, but I do not think you mentioned the name of the ship, did you?  E, S and M class ships are all different configurations.

Edited by Lastdance

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

This may only be your first hurdle, but please remember it is Covid.  I have always found that once I get onboard, all the other stuff melts away almost instantaneously.  Remember that when you MoveUp, you "agree" to the cabin you receive, as that was part of the policy.  Although, I have heard of others who have asked nicely to change cabins, in the same category, if others are available.  You do not get a higher level suite just because of an issue.  Did you check your cabin # on here to see if anything has been written about it?  Deck 11 would be my go to cabin, but I do not think you mentioned the name of the ship, did you?  E, S and M class ships are all different configurations.

It is actually the Equinox and we received cabin 2150.  Aft Sky Suite.  All in all a fine choice.