Caribbean Princess 1/2-1/9 1100!

Justaguy33

Currently on the Caribbean Princess, while having lunch we were talking to the head waiter and he said we were currently at 2400 guests; previously  a couple of people had told us we were at 1300.  This made sense because it has felt like a full cruise this whole time.  This summer we sailed a ship that was at less than half and it was a dream!

He said the next cruise would step back to 1100 passengers.  Enjoy!

Edited by Justaguy33
Correct a word again
  • Thanks 1

No real secrets, other than deck 12 is the quarantine deck!  Keep away! 🙂

Cole is a great trivia host!

Maynard is the best waiter ever!  Try and get his table for reservations!!  He is in the Palm MDR, can’t rely on the app have to do it via phone.  Be sure you request a table and not the booth seat table.

Seek out the Terrace pool and the Reef hot tub early before people figure it out. 

I tipped ever person who brought me a drink a $1 bill, and tried to use the same people.  By day 4 I didn’t have to order and Jaime and others just brought the wife and I what we liked when we sat down.  We mostly were at the Terrace pool and Explorers lounge (gameshows there).

• Like 3

On 1/1/2022 at 1:44 PM, Justaguy33 said:

Currently on the Caribbean Princess, while having lunch we were talking to the head waiter and he said we were currently at 2400 guests; previously  a couple of people had told us we were at 1300.  This made sense because it has felt like a full cruise this whole time.  This summer we sailed a ship that was at less than half and it was a dream!

He said the next cruise would step back to 1100 passengers.  Enjoy!

We were on it a few weeks ago. It was at 40% capacity. About 1300 crew and 1400 guests. 

20 hours ago, Justaguy33 said:

Maynard is the best waiter ever!  Try and get his table for reservations!!  He is in the Palm MDR, can’t rely on the app have to do it via phone.  Be sure you request a table and not the booth seat table.

Seek out the Terrace pool and the Reef hot tub early before people figure it out. 

I tipped ever person who brought me a drink a $1 bill, and tried to use the same people.  By day 4 I didn’t have to order and Jaime and others just brought the wife and I what we liked when we sat down.  We mostly were at the Terrace pool and Explorers lounge (gameshows there).

Thanks for posting.  One last question:

Do you know if you test positive, are you given a choice to quarantine OB?  

20 hours ago, Justaguy33 said:

His station (even the MDR) could change from one sailing to the next. It happens all the time.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:37 PM, Justaguy33 said:

Do you know what DR is used for embarkation lunch on the CB?

Thank you.

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The quarantine cabins must be forward, as cabins elsewhere on 12 are currently available for bookings.

It looks like the entire forward section of 12 is blocked out.  We are all the way aft on 12, and I noticed the aft-facing suites next to us are available now!

If there are only 1000-1100 pax on board this week, I would expect there would be even less on our cruise!

Edited by sound_guy0918

On 1/2/2022 at 2:44 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks for posting.  One last question:

Do you know if you test positive, are you given a choice to quarantine OB?  

We only saw one person being tested, and it was at their cabin.  It was on the last night though so we figured it was for their flight home; like they were from someplace other than USA.  We didn't have to do any tests since we were from USA.

4 minutes ago, Justaguy33 said:

We only saw one person being tested, and it was at their cabin.  It was on the last night though so we figured it was for their flight home; like they were from someplace other than USA.  We didn't have to do any tests since we were from USA.

Ok thanks.

On can now.  Some answers to posted questions and comments.

On Sunday evening CD said 1001 passengers on board with over 500 new Princess cruisers.

I enquirer about next weeks numbers at passenger service today:  “next week in the 1000s so less than last week’s 2500 and more than this week’s in the 900s.”

Embarkation lunch is in the Coral dining room deck 6.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, bob10173 said:

Has Princess indicated anything about the stops? I am sailing on this ship next Sunday. Seems like a big mess.

On the western itinerary this week all stops (Nassau, Costa Maya, Belize City., and Cozumel) are open for Princess, private and DIY tours. 

@capriccioWas your original itinerary Princess Cays, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel?  Just wondering as our 27 Feb sailing is that itinerary and I know that there is 100% that we aren't going to Grand Cayman but Princess still has it on  our itinerary.  Yes, we are almost 2 months from sailing but since Grand Cayman is considering not ever allowing cruise ships again, unlikely that they will open up with current things going on with omicron.  Just wish that if our itinerary is going to change, that Princess would inform us of that so we could start planning on the ports that you have.  Frankly, I have already been deciding what we will do in the ports you are doing just in case.  Thank you.

11 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

@capriccioWas your original itinerary Princess Cays, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel?  Just wondering as our 27 Feb sailing is that itinerary and I know that there is 100% that we aren't going to Grand Cayman but Princess still has it on  our itinerary.  Yes, we are almost 2 months from sailing but since Grand Cayman is considering not ever allowing cruise ships again, unlikely that they will open up with current things going on with omicron.  Just wish that if our itinerary is going to change, that Princess would inform us of that so we could start planning on the ports that you have.  Frankly, I have already been deciding what we will do in the ports you are doing just in case.  Thank you.

We are on the western itinerary:  Nassau, Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel.

As I understand it the itineraries are changed because the ports change their criteria for docking and/or their Covid protocols for cruise passenger excursions and usually with no/very little warning.  All the cruise lines can do is react.

Having visited all our ports before we had already decided to not even disembark the ship on port days.  We have a 10 day Enchanted cruise in 2 months with my 2 brothers and spouses where I have booked all Princess excursions except one (Bonaire).  Even 4 months ago I thought they would be the last type of excursion to be canceled.  DH and I have visited all the ports before but my brothers and wives have not and this is the first cruise ever for one sister in law.  We can only hope for a minimum of disruption but we will be ready to roll with the punches.

• Like 1

I am also concerned about itinerary changes. I’m on a b2b starting February 6. Second week is Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Previous comments about Grand Cayman have me worried about it and Jamaica. On the upside the CDC yesterday made it’s conditional sailing order voluntary after January 15. Maybe things will be softening up shortly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

We are on the western itinerary:  Nassau, Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel.

As I understand it the itineraries are changed because the ports change their criteria for docking and/or their Covid protocols for cruise passenger excursions and usually with no/very little warning.  All the cruise lines can do is react.

Having visited all our ports before we had already decided to not even disembark the ship on port days.  We have a 10 day Enchanted cruise in 2 months with my 2 brothers and spouses where I have booked all Princess excursions except one (Bonaire).  Even 4 months ago I thought they would be the last type of excursion to be canceled.  DH and I have visited all the ports before but my brothers and wives have not and this is the first cruise ever for one sister in law.  We can only hope for a minimum of disruption but we will be ready to roll with the punches.

Thanks for your info.  We are on Western Caribbean also but with the ports that I indicated.  We have also been to all the ports on either itinerary.  I really do not care which ports we go to. I am just anxious to get back to cruising again.  It will be my first cruise since my husband passed away and then of course covid hit.  My adult son is going with me.  We booked this itinerary as he wants to climb Dunn's River Falls again but at this point, he is going to go with the flow also.  Thanks again and have a wonderful time on this trip and on your 10 day Enchanted cruise.