On board silhouette 4 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, piched said:

I have until Tuesday to cancel my Silhouette back to back Jan 14....the more I read, the more I get nervous about it. Is this another write off season for cruising?

All of us are asking the same question. We have no idea what the answer is.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:46 AM, piched said:

I am on Silhouette Jan 14 and 24; back to back. Can you tell me if the gym requires a mask; specifically when on a machine like treadmill. And must a mask be worn while getting a massage? Also, once seated in a restaurant, it's masks off for the duration of dinner I assume?

I am on silhouette now.  Have had 2 massages. The therapist was double masked.  She said mask not required. I wore mine while face up.  Couldn’t tolerate it when face down. It pushed up to close to my nose and mouth.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

We have self serve in Oceanview but everything else is served.

Afternoon update. The captain said we now have “a few” positive cases among crew and passengers.  But no specifics. I find that disturbing and a serious lack of transparency.

Rumors have now started up because of cancellations on Royal Caribbean, with four ships losing one or more cruises.  Is this March 2020 deja vu? Stay tuned

Agree with you.  I am on this cruise also.  I would like to know the numbers.  ‘A few” just doesn’t cut it for me.  Asked to change tables in MDR tonight as we were within 3 feet of persons at the next table.  I really feel that my biggest risk for contracting Covid is in the dining room as I am a consistent kn95 or n95 masker.  I got it from some crew members that the first 2 crew who tested positive had contact with positive crew on the previous cruise.  We sail Apex after this one.  Was told that the most that Celebrity is booking is 50%.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

On Silhouette in August and September there were no self service drinks  in the Ocean View.

Was on Equinox and Millennium in October and November and Self Service Drinks were available in Ocean View.   They did have a sign saying no refilling glasses.

2 hours ago, piched said:

I have until Tuesday to cancel my Silhouette back to back Jan 14....the more I read, the more I get nervous about it. Is this another write off season for cruising?

I’d walk but it depends on your comfort level.  I would not want to be quarantined while onboard.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:30 PM, cruisestitch said:

Because this mask requirement had not been announced ahead of time, and no one found out about it until they got the letter on the ship, there was absolutely no time to choose what kind of mask to bring. The ship provided cloth Celebrity masks for each passenger and that is what most people are wearing.

And since omicron is not the only variant that is out there, most passengers simply wear whatever mask they have, and try to stay away from other people 

Thank you for doing this blog and don't want to sound negative but how strange that most people didn't think to bring a adequate supply of masks. Even if it wasn't mandated you would of thought common sense with all the publicity of Omicron would ensure that folk would bring a supply of masks 😷 🤔 

My brother was flying to Dubai yesterday and I texted him to offer some of my supply of KN95 if he wanted them

• Like 3

On 1/6/2022 at 2:32 AM, cruisestitch said:

It appears now that there will be no production shows, only guest entertainers. The app is a constantly changing source of information however so anything is possible in the coming days. I will try to find out how things went on the previous cruise and if they had any production shows or not, since that might give a clue as to what we can expect going forward.

Way back in September there were no production shows on Silhouette either. The CD did a good job pulling in extra headliner acts so there was a show every night 

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I think it's become pretty clear that once the ship returned to the U.S., the protocols loosened.  

The drinks area in Oceanview was "fenced off" drinks were provided by wait staff on Southampton sailings

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you for doing this blog and don't want to sound negative but how strange that most people didn't think to bring a adequate supply of masks. Even if it wasn't mandated you would of thought common sense with all the publicity of Omicron would ensure that folk would bring a supply of masks 😷 🤔 

My brother was flying to Dubai yesterday and I texted him to offer some of my supply of KN95 if he wanted them

It wasn’t that people didn’t pack a mask or two, they certainly did and Celebrity gave out double layer cloth masks. But as for bringing sufficient numbers of masks for every day?  Most did not

No one knew until boarding that they would be required for all indoor locations for the duration of the cruise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was on Equinox and Millennium in October and November and Self Service Drinks were available in Ocean View.   They did have a sign saying no refilling glasses.

the no refilling sign has always been there and I always see people filling personal drink containers and even worse using fingers to hold the 'pour' open

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Apparently there are “a few “

I wasn’t able to find out which deck is being used but I will investigate that

All of the state rooms on deck three are blocked off. Apparently one corridor  is used for crew that need to be isolated and the other corridor for guests who test positive.  There are also rooms on deck six which are used if a guest is identified as a close contact and is under observation.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

All of the state rooms on deck three are blocked off. Apparently one corridor  is used for crew that need to be isolated and the other corridor for guests who test positive.  There are also rooms on deck six which are used if a guest is identified as a close contact and is under observation.

The rooms for close contacts is different from what others are reporting from other ships.  On those ship a close contact is tested and if negative are quarantined in their cabin for 24 hrs and not moved.  They are retested after 24 hrs and if negative are free to go back to their activities.  If positive on the 2nd test they are moved to a isolation cabin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The rooms for close contacts is different from what others are reporting from other ships.  On those ship a close contact is tested and if negative are quarantined in their cabin for 24 hrs and not moved.  They are retested after 24 hrs and if negative are free to go back to their activities.  If positive on the 2nd test they are moved to a isolation cabin.

I read the postings of someone who tested positive on Epic earlier. He was moved to a balcony cabin on Deck 6 which was where all the positive passengers were quarantined. They had a whole corridor cordoned off, with crew stationed at either ends.

55 minutes ago, Kluvs2travel said:

I read the postings of someone who tested positive on Epic earlier. He was moved to a balcony cabin on Deck 6 which was where all the positive passengers were quarantined. They had a whole corridor cordoned off, with crew stationed at either ends.

X doesn’t have a ship named Epic did you mean Equinox?  Those who tested positive on the Equinox were mo Ed to isolation on Deck 6.  The person who started that thread was positive his wife tested negative and was quarantined in their original cabin until a 2nd test was done and that was negative so she was out of quarantine and able to move freely around the ship. 

I am on deck 7.  Just noticed a cabin several doors down from mine that has the balcony table sitting outside their door.  I think that means they were in close contact with someone positive.  So now I presume they are quarantined to their room for a period of time Awaiting test results.  Table is for contactless meal deliveries.

• Thanks 2

I am also on this cruise. My husband and I booked a room on deck 3. When we arrived at the ship we were told they moved us to deck 8. I'm not sure if this is because deck 3 is saved for quarantining. I have seen many passengers onboard Not wearing masks inside. Most of the people dancing the last few nights did not have them on. The Martini Bar was packed and no one had them on. We were in the theater and left because no one had them on near us. Yes, while walking around they have them on, but I do not feel comfortable sitting near someone without a mask. So, we just get up and move. We are being extra careful wearing KN95 masks. I think the captain should announce that it is mandatory to wear a mask indoors. Hopefully the numbers will not rise and we will not be denied entry into the ports.

• Thanks 4

Both the captain and the cruise Director had made repeated announcements about the necessity of wearing masks indoors except when eating and drinking. I guess the people at the Martini bar are drinking and maybe people in the theater too.  

Luckily there are so few passengers on board I haven’t had any difficulty in maintaining distance between me and others

I don’t have any way of knowing how much contact tracing there is. That would start with someone testing positive and then the tracing would begin from there, but they don’t make any announcements about that so there’s no way of knowing

There are only two or three children on board, so I don’t know how much the kids club could be doing. I have seen nobody in the preteen or teenager years which isn’t to say definitively that there are none, just that I haven’t seen any.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2