Drinks Package Question

teacherman

After LOTS of cruises on several cruise lines,we finally will have an All Included drinks package on Reflection in a couple of weeks.  We are planning to have afternoon cocktails on our balcony (staying away from other cruisers as much as possible).  Question is can we each get a couple of drinks at the same time from a bar and take them back to the room, or are we just allowed one at a time?  Can one of us get the drinks or does each one have to get their own?  How does it work?  As the ports are being dropped, this may become our main source of "entertainment".  All info is welcome.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, teacherman said:

After LOTS of cruises on several cruise lines,we finally will have an All Included drinks package on Reflection in a couple of weeks.  We are planning to have afternoon cocktails on our balcony (staying away from other cruisers as much as possible).  Question is can we each get a couple of drinks at the same time from a bar and take them back to the room, or are we just allowed one at a time?  Can one of us get the drinks or does each one have to get their own?  How does it work?  As the ports are being dropped, this may become our main source of "entertainment".  All info is welcome.  Thank you.

Greetings

If you take both cards the bartenders will gladly give you 2 drinks.  Only 1 needs to do the fetching.  If you frequent the same bar then the bartender may recognize you as one of a couple and only request to see one card.  Each getting 2 drinks at once is not usually done.

Good Sailing

Tom

You can have one drink and one water per card every 5 minutes or so.  You can have multiple cards from the same cabin under the drink package order at the same time by one person.  If you try to double up say 4 glasses of wine under 2 cards they will either charge you for two and put two on the package or they will tell you that you have to wait.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You can have one drink and one water per card every 5 minutes or so.  You can have multiple cards from the same cabin under the drink package order at the same time by one person.  If you try to double up say 4 glasses of wine under 2 cards they will either charge you for two and put two on the package or they will tell you that you have to wait.

Provide your source for the time limit between drinks. Wait, there isn't. 

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a “rule of thumb” on Celebrity, not a hard and fast time limit.  Thus “five minutes or so”.

Just what I thought. I've ordered another drink (wine) when I didn't like my first choice. Less than 5 minutes. 

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s a “rule of thumb” on Celebrity, not a hard and fast time limit.  Thus “five minutes or so”.

We are just passing along what we have learned and being told from our sailings with other cruise critic members asking questions.  I have also sat at the Cellar Master for many many hours on Millennium/ Summit chatting with bartenders asking questions and asked about the the limit on ordering two drinks at at time and was told the five minute rule.  It’s different when you order something that you don’t like and want something else because they are trying to make you happy by providing great service.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just what I thought. I've ordered another drink (wine) when I didn't like my first choice. Less than 5 minutes. 

You can also obviously walk from bar to bar.  Does it matter if it is two minutes or ten?  I have taken our cards to a bar and received two drinks.  Handed them to my wife and within a minute or two ordered two more.  Two bartenders are there to please, not hassle you unless you appear overserved.

At some point, however, if the bartenders run your cards through the system the card will be rejected.  Saw it happen on a New Orleans cruise where young people were doing shots.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

I believe the rule is that you get one drink at a time per card.  That said, someone might cut you some slack.

$ay hello to a bartender early in the crui$e..he/she will remember you

• Like 3

Hey, I am not planning on being "over served".  I was only asking because we don't wish to walk from our balcony to the bar, and back, a couple of times during our own cocktail hour.😷  And I always try and make sure that the bartenders love to see me returning to their station.   🤑 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Hey, I am not planning on being "over served".  I was only asking because we don't wish to walk from our balcony to the bar, and back, a couple of times during our own cocktail hour.😷  And I always try and make sure that the bartenders love to see me returning to their station.   🤑 

Just be sure to bring Mr. Jackson with you...

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You can also obviously walk from bar to bar.  Does it matter if it is two minutes or ten?  I have taken our cards to a bar and received two drinks.  Handed them to my wife and within a minute or two ordered two more.  Two bartenders are there to please, not hassle you unless you appear overserved.

At some point, however, if the bartenders run your cards through the system the card will be rejected.  Saw it happen on a New Orleans cruise where young people were doing shots.

We've done that too, we like to sit on our balcony with 2 drinks each. We also get a water when passing a bar or an unopened beer to keep in the fridge, you never know when you might need it😁 Also, on Princess they  have small bottles of sparkling wine ( a split?)  that you can add to your fridge a couple of times a day, for emergency purposes!

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I think this is more likely to be the case. You might well be allowed or "get away" with 4  glasses of wine at one time one evening especially under circumstances, but don't plan to walk around the ship from bar to bar getting 2 glasses at every stop.

Why not get a bottle and keep in the room frig if yourare drinking wine?

18 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

We've done that too, we like to sit on our balcony with 2 drinks each. We also get a water when passing a bar or an unopened beer to keep in the fridge, you never know when you might need it😁 Also, on Princess they  have small bottles of sparkling wine ( a split?)  that you can add to your fridge a couple of times a day, for emergency purposes!

Splits won’t be covered in your beverage package, AFAIK 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Provide your source for the time limit between drinks. Wait, there isn't. 

Not sure If it’s still on the website…..but it used to be. The rule was 10 minutes. There was a time that I drank something rather quickly because I was really thirsty and hot  and asked for another a few minutes later. I was charged for it.