NCL Cancellation Announcements - January 5th 2022

Cruise Gopher

Not a surprise in general but surprised at the length of pause for some of the ships.  Star and Jade until April and May in Europe (with no revenue crossing).  Sun and Spirit until May (Alaska and Hawai'i) with no revenue repositioning. 

2 minutes ago, dad son team said:

What do Cruise Next certs fall under, cash or FCC?  

In the past they went back as Cruise Next Certs with the same expiration date (with the exception of some being extended to the end of 2021).

Just now, mvh said:

I'm sure there will be more after this weeks ships come back.  My guess is it will be fleet wide.  Get you money back because my guess is FCC will be worthless very soon.  I have not heard any other lines cancelling as of yet.

• Like 3

Awesome that they are finally going to let those who paid with FCC get their money back.  They have been holding on to my daughter's money since March, 2020.  They would really like their money so they can opt for a different vacation if our cruise gets cancelled again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

Awesome that they are finally going to let those who paid with FCC get their money back.  They have been holding on to my daughter's money since March, 2020.  They would really like their money so they can opt for a different vacation if our cruise gets cancelled again.

If they paid with FCC they are only getting FCC credit to their latitudes account, only  people getting “ money” back are those that paid with CC/money.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Seems like all the older ships

In general they probably generate less revenue, although running around 50% occupancy might change that equation.  Maybe they are planning to use some of them to house isolated crew like the other lines are doing.  And I have heard the 'gaming the system' refrain but I'm pretty sure that cases count toward the ship where the tests are taken.  It just makes sense to get ill crew away from healthy crew on ships with passengers.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

If they paid with FCC they are only getting FCC credit to their latitudes account, only  people getting “ money” back are those that paid with CC/money.

That's not what #5 says.  What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

So sorry to everyone who has had a sailing cancelled. Crossing my fingers for my sailing on Joy 1/22

Seems like they are focusing on the lowest risk itineraries - US home ports, shorter duration and most cruise-friendly destinations and maybe using the other ships and crew to support that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

That's not what #5 says.  What am I missing?

Lol , I stopped at the blue box with the 3 options listed. Maybe NCL is hoping  others stop there also.

Edited by beerman2

1 minute ago, Karaboudjan said:

Seems like they are focusing on the lowest risk itineraries - US home ports, shorter duration and most cruise-friendly destinations and maybe using the other ships and crew to support that.

Well I will continue to have a positive outlook! If I can't go in Jan, I'll rebook for Feb and so on. 

I think everyone who had a sailing cancelled needs to go to NCL's youtube, and tonight we will all make a drink from one of their tutorials on there!!! ❤️ 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Does anyone really think all cruises won't be cancelled by the end of the week? My money is on cancellations.  I'm not sure what I'm hoping for.  Seriously, how good can a cruise be right now?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, mvh said:

Does anyone really think all cruises won't be cancelled by the end of the week? My money is on cancellations.  I'm not sure what I'm hoping for.  Seriously, how good can a cruise be right now?

attitude is everything they say. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mvh said:

It's was -28c this morning where I am 🥶 - sitting on a ship in shorts and a tee shirt, sipping a Mojito sounds pretty damn good to me even if I have to wear a mask indoors!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mvh said:

I don't believe they can afford another 'real' shutdown.  So if they keep the crew on the ships they probably have to pay them, and they may already be committed to other costs like food.  It might be better to keep keep cruising with what passengers they still have.  They know how many have cancelled with the renewed POM but we don't.

• Like 4

We plan on being on the Escape next week unless NCL says we're not.  Don't care where it sails to, we've been to all the islands before.  Fortunately, we can go to plan B at the drop of a hat, which will be a camping trip to St Augustine in our RV if the cruise is cancelled.  Sympathies to those on tight schedules, work requirements, schools, etc. 

• Like 7