No sign of stateroom allocation just 3 days before cruise!

Wilde_37

We are due to sail this saturday January 8th 2022 on Apex.  we booked a guarantee balcony for this cruise - as did another couple.  neither of us has received any notification regarding our stateroom.  There is just 3 days to go before the cruise.  We have checked online and both bookings are still listed as GTY and the luggage tags are still blank.  I have contacted our online travel agent by email and have yet to receive a reply.   I have read that most guarantee allocations happen between 2-5 weeks before the sail date.  and it is very rare for it to be this late.  Anyobe else ever experience such a tight deadline?

39 minutes ago, Wilde_37 said:

We are due to sail this saturday January 8th 2022 on Apex.  we booked a guarantee balcony for this cruise - as did another couple.  neither of us has received any notification regarding our stateroom.  There is just 3 days to go before the cruise.  We have checked online and both bookings are still listed as GTY and the luggage tags are still blank.  I have contacted our online travel agent by email and have yet to receive a reply.   I have read that most guarantee allocations happen between 2-5 weeks before the sail date.  and it is very rare for it to be this late.  Anyobe else ever experience such a tight deadline?

This is just a guess. But if the Celebrity protocol is to not place future passengers in cabins where there was a positive C19 case on the previous cruise, I would think that might be one reason you haven't received a cabin assignment yet as the current cruise is still ongoing. But, again, this is just a guess.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Not sure why no assignment of cabin yet (although I am sure it’s chaotic for them figuring things out and juggling cabins). however I am happy to know someone else will be on the sailing with us!….seems most have cancelled.  As long as our tests go well, we are in for the long haul!