Live from the Explorer, from new Regent Cruisers…

gcorgain

Today I've been trying to understand how we get out of quarantine on Monday. I have had several different stories. At the end of the day, we are stuck here until 1pm on Monday. I still don't know if we get anything in writing, or just walk out at that time. I asked for their written policy. They brought us up so that we could look at it (4 sparse bullets on a page that also covers Noro and other illness.). They would not give me a copy or allow a photo from my phone.

Some of this is my fault as I did some of the math wrong, and also misremembered a few parts of the timing. I had to reconstruct timelines from my phone's text messages and cruise critic posts. I'm not sure why they can't/won't give us anything in writing as they obviously have it.

On a happier note, Regent was able to get the NFL Wildcards on the TV's this weekend.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gcorgain said:

Today I've been trying to understand how we get out of quarantine on Monday. I have had several different stories. At the end of the day, we are stuck here until 1pm on Monday. I still don't know if we get anything in writing, or just walk out at that time. I asked for their written policy. They brought us up so that we could look at it (4 sparse bullets on a page that also covers Noro and other illness.). They would not give me a copy or allow a photo from my phone.

Some of this is my fault as I did some of the math wrong, and also misremembered a few parts of the timing. I had to reconstruct timelines from my phone's text messages and cruise critic posts. I'm not sure why they can't/won't give us anything in writing as they obviously have it.

On a happier note, Regent was able to get the NFL Wildcards on the TV's this weekend.

FYI - I would be having an immediate conversation with the GM and asking for a copy of the policy in writing...but I am obviously not as nice nor as patient as you are. I am happy you are getting out tomorrow!

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gcorgain said:

We used a CVS managed community health site in LA. They had rapid PCR tests for free, but it was about a 20 minute farther drive. We had our results back in about an hour.

We have an appointment t with Inspired Diagnostics tomorrow morning but got too stressed and nervous and went to an Urgent Care today. All of us are negative! California here we come!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoodPam said:

We have an appointment t with Inspired Diagnostics tomorrow morning but got too stressed and nervous and went to an Urgent Care today. All of us are negative! California here we come!

8 hours ago, gcorgain said:

We used a CVS managed community health site in LA. They had rapid PCR tests for free, but it was about a 20 minute farther drive. We had our results back in about an hour.

I was going the CVS route, but as i don't drive it would be a challenge to get a Lyft or Uber to drive me to the test site, so I have read and heard.

So I have scheduled with ScarletHealth/BioReference (SHBR) on early Wednesday morning for a sailing on NCL for Friday.

SHBL sends a doctor/health professional to your home, or wherever you are, to take the sample and delivers it to the lab the same or next day. You get results in 1 to 2 days via email, the app, or online via your account portal.

My hope they get my sample to the lab the same day, so I can my results by Friday.

I live in Florida, so I am glad I can get my results in the app while in Los Angeles.

But, as precaution, I got two Antigen tests to take at home, before leaving, just in case.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:13 PM, gcorgain said:

Good luck on release from quarantine today.  I hope you take advantage of everything the remainder of your cruise offers!  Having been a first-time Regent cruiser on the Explorer sailing immediately before yours, I really enjoyed reading your impressions and hope they will continue.

Many thanks,

1 hour ago, loriva said:

Good luck on release from quarantine today.  I hope you take advantage of everything the remainder of your cruise offers! 

Yes indeed.  Make the most of what Regent has to offer.  Maybe they will give you a 'front of the line' pass! LOL.

Hopefully after you are able to put this experience behind you, perhaps you can give Regent another try.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I want to thank you all for your encouragement over the last couple of weeks. We were told last night that someone will come by at 1pm to do some sort of release. To say that we are eager is an understatement. I'll try to send some brief update in the early afternoon to let everyone know that we are out. Then I may not post much in the next two days as we want to enjoy the ship. We have decided not to get off in Ensenada. This trip it just seems like we would be tempting fate. 🙂

I will come back at some point this week and give a more detailed ending to this saga, as well as my review/comparisons to the Celebrity suite class experience for those that are interested. And I will also update the SuiteGuru spreadsheet as Cabin 855 doesn't yet have an entry. This board has been a huge help to me as we planned our first Regent experience, and if I have paid even a little bit of it back, it was my pleasure to do so.

We have booked the February 2023 Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise (also on Explorer), so there will be a next time. I hope to be able to meet you all in the future!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gcorgain said:

I will come back at some point this week and give a more detailed ending to this saga, as well as my review/comparisons to the Celebrity suite class experience for those that are interested

Very interested to read your comparison. Enjoy your freedom. Thanks for keeping us posted. 

1 hour ago, gcorgain said:

I want to thank you all for your encouragement over the last couple of weeks. We were told last night that someone will come by at 1pm to do some sort of release. To say that we are eager is an understatement. I'll try to send some brief update in the early afternoon to let everyone know that we are out. Then I may not post much in the next two days as we want to enjoy the ship. We have decided not to get off in Ensenada. This trip it just seems like we would be tempting fate. 🙂

I will come back at some point this week and give a more detailed ending to this saga, as well as my review/comparisons to the Celebrity suite class experience for those that are interested. And I will also update the SuiteGuru spreadsheet as Cabin 855 doesn't yet have an entry. This board has been a huge help to me as we planned our first Regent experience, and if I have paid even a little bit of it back, it was my pleasure to do so.

We have booked the February 2023 Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise (also on Explorer), so there will be a next time. I hope to be able to meet you all in the future!

I've been a BIG fan of how you have handled this quarantine; who knows, we may get our opportunity in our mid-February cruise. Also, we are scheduled for HKG to Tokyo in 2/23; look forward to meeting you and your partner. Best wishes to a fun finish for you.

3 hours ago, gcorgain said:

I will come back at some point this week and give a more detailed ending to this saga, as well as my review/comparisons to the Celebrity suite class experience for those that are interested.

Absolutely loved your positivity, not sure I could have handled it as well!

Enjoy your freedom and the ship.

3 hours ago, gcorgain said:

Thank you for chronicling your quarantine adventure and sharing with all of us the good, bad and the ugly...and some humor thrown in, too. You have had a most excellent attitude about it all...making limoncello out of the lemons. We, too, are booked for your 2023 cruise, so see you aboard! We're excited to be taking the entire Grand Asia Exploration, which begins in Sydney. 

Congratulations. You have set an example of how to act in such disappointing circumstances. I hope that doesn’t happen to us next month, but if it does, I’m going to try to remember your accepting positive attitude. Do enjoy the time you have left on the ship. 

8 minutes ago, gcorgain said:

I am happy to report I am writing this note from the Pool Grill. We are free! We’ve never been so excited for a buffet…

Greg

So excited you are released from your captivity!  Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

What a great attitude you have shown throughout your quarantine.
So happy to hear you are out and now able to enjoy the ship.

We are also booked Hong Kong to Tokyo, B2B Tokyo to Tokyo in February 23 after cancelling Vancouver to Tokyo last year. 
We look forward to meeting you in 2023.