"Group Live" Caribbean Princess 1/9/22 - 1/16/22

CineGraphic

1 hour ago, sound_guy0918 said:

PS I am having so much trouble posting on CC this will likely be it until after the cruise.

You’re not alone & CC is seeking a solution…

January 10, 2022: Log In Issues/Disappearing Posts & Replies

CC Help Jenn

By CC Help Jenn 
01/09/2022

Hi There!

We are aware that many of us are experiencing log in issues on the site.  We do apologize for the inconvenience.  In addition, there are many reports of disappearing posts/replies.  We believe this is related to our login issues. Our team is investigating a fix.

While we realize  this may not work for all, some members have shared they had relief when clearing cache or deleting ALL cruise critic cookies on their browser.

Thank you for your patience.

LauraS

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You’re not alone & CC is seeking a solution…

January 10, 2022: Log In Issues/Disappearing Posts & Replies

CC Help Jenn

By CC Help Jenn 
01/09/2022

Hi There!

We are aware that many of us are experiencing log in issues on the site.  We do apologize for the inconvenience.  In addition, there are many reports of disappearing posts/replies.  We believe this is related to our login issues. Our team is investigating a fix.

While we realize  this may not work for all, some members have shared they had relief when clearing cache or deleting ALL cruise critic cookies on their browser.

Thank you for your patience.

LauraS

Yes, I have to clear mine every 2 or 3 posts.  

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I’m not sure what caused this but a young man was just yelling at an older woman by the aft pool, screaming, “You’re drunk! Do you want me to call security!?”

Probably his Mom, one of them was drunk 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Our bathroom sink was leaking onto the floor yesterday and we had little to no hot water, but both issues were fixed promptly.

They called earlier today offering to move us, but we love our location, so we politely declined.

The slot pull gods were not with us this time around. We all put in $20 each, and left with $6.60 each. 

At least it wasn't $6.66 😲

4 hours ago, sound_guy0918 said:

Well our cabin has a slight leak (thankfully from above not below) so they are moving us…wish us luck!

What deck and cabin number are you in ?  I think we’re on Dolphin deck

We’re on this ship on the 23rd and want to check if we’re in same cabin 

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

We had dinner in Sabatinas tonight - it was about half full.

Sundy and Monday nights we ate in the Coral.  The two of us had table for 4.  There are not many 2 tops there.  We got there both nights around 5:45 and both nights we were the first table the waiter had.  The dinning room never was a third full.  The explores Loung had 2 shows by a mentalist / magician.  The early show (6pm) was only about a quarter full but the later 8pm was full - first time seen a crowd anywhere. 

The ship is constantly being cleaned. Chairs and tables are being wiped down as people get up and leave. Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere. We feel safer on board than we do in our local grocery stores. (And the weather is much better in St. Thomas right now compared to Atlanta!)

7838C0F7-C96B-43A6-9615-FBD7423F8D30.jpeg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The ship is constantly being cleaned. Chairs and tables are being wiped down as people get up and leave. Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere. We feel safer on board than we do in our local grocery stores. (And the weather is much better in St. Thomas right now compared to Atlanta!)

May be sleet, freezing rain, snow on Sunday aftn in ATL.  Do a b2b!

How do you keep covid free in FLL before getting on the ship?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

How do you keep covid free in FLL before getting on the ship?

Our flight landed at 12:30pm on embarkation day. We snagged a large SUV via Uber (Suburban) and went straight to the port where the terminal was empty.

Five minutes  later we were on board.

We wanted to limit our time in Fort Lauderdale, and contact with others, so we even carried our own bags on board the ship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Our flight landed at 12:30pm on embarkation day. We snagged a large SUV via Uber (Suburban) and went straight to the port where the terminal was empty.

Five minutes  later we were on board.

We wanted to limit our time in Fort Lauderdale, and contact with others, so we even carried our own bags on board the ship.

That’s smart!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cttraveller said:

How many passengers on this sailing.   Any rumors on next weeks count>    Thanks

slightly less than 900 now, I’ll see if I can find out next week’s numbers but I’m pretty sure that they’ll get lower daily.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

They need to clean the bridge cam! I’ve been stalking you all from home, and I thought it was raining the past 3 days. 😂 It’s just spots on the live cam. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, glfgrljules said:

They need to clean the bridge cam! I’ve been stalking you all from home, and I thought it was raining the past 3 days. 😂 It’s just spots on the live cam. 

They must be using a different cam for the webpage, as the one we’ve been watching on our stateroom tv has looked pretty good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

They brought some birds on board tonight.

They brought this lady on the day were in St. Thomas on the Sky last month as well.  Very interesting!  One of the few packed venues from our cruise.

Edited by PMGS247

20 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Who is the sommelier at Vines? Thanks for posting about your experiences. 

As someone who wrote many wine lists when I was much younger, I feel safe in saying that none of the staff in Vines are true sommeliers. One young kid the other night was using pre-filled glasses of water to measure his pours.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

As someone who wrote many wine lists when I was much younger, I feel safe in saying that none of the staff in Vines are true sommeliers. One young kid the other night was using pre-filled glasses of water to measure his pours.

We made three cruises in November/December  Ruby-Caribbean and Regal  In Vines all three used water filled glasses to measure (compare) pours. If you watch closely you may even see them mark the wine bottles when they pour.  Seems like there has been an emphasis on amount from each bottle. We probably averaged 4 hours a day at Vines on each of the cruises-When we weren't at Good Spirits.  NO, we are not alcoholics-Alcoholics go to meetings 🙂

• Haha 3