Haven... Pillow Menu? I have questions...

Tralfie

Soon to be doing the Haven for the first time and am curious about the "pillow menu" I've heard mentioned. I'm a self-proclaimed pillow ho — the more, the merrier! Wondering what a "pillow menu" offers. Also, at what point do I get a glimpse of it? Is this something that comes with the pre-cruise concierge letter I've heard referenced?

60 days and counting! Can't wait! 

Here are the options. It will be on the pre cruise concierge email letter. You can also just ask for them once you board. 

Pillow menu

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard 

Reading Wedge

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Here are the options. It will be on the pre cruise concierge email letter. You can also just ask for them once you board. 

Pillow menu

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

I don't remember getting an email about pillows :(. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Pillow menu

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

1 of each pls 😆

• Like 1

Which one of those pillow options (which I've never seen before) do you think is a thinner, firmer pillow?

(On a related matter...I know this is personal preference, so forgive the rant:  why do they provide a giant, heavy comforter on the bed as if we're sleeping in a tent in the arctic?  We're in a climate controlled cabin!  I have to chase them down on every cruise for just a regular thin blanket.)

On 1/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Pillow menu

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

The Climarelle and Reading Wedge were not options on my list.

8 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

The reality is they won't have all those options available.  Maybe 2 or 3 is my experience. 

Whatever options that they have will be stashed somewhere in the stateroom. If a previous guest accidentally packed one in their suitcase, the pillow won't be there. 😉

If you go to the Norwegian bedding web site you will find a description of all the bedding. We loved our mattress on our recent Escape trip that we came home and bought one along with four pillows. Best purchase ever - except for cruises. 

• Like 1

We received the "pillow menu" email, too...but in the past when we've tried ordering in advance, we didn't get what we wanted anyway (i.e., they were the same pillows everyone else had)...so we stopped pre-ordering.

We've found it to be easier to just talk with our butler and room steward when we boarded the ship...and tell them what we would like...and have found that works great. 

On one of our cruises, our room steward had a truly great sense of of humor and brought us a half dozen extra pillows...! 🙂  He also made great towel animals for us...! 

• Like 2

I have been in the Haven numerous times and never once gotten an email with a pillow menu. My last cruise which was mid November on the Bliss I actually got a phone call about 4 weeks out from Land Concierge asking what we might like in the suite. She mentioned three of the type of pillows available. Feather, Hypo Allergenic an Foam. We asked for extra 3 for each of us and got a very heavy and hard feather and two foam. We cruise again a week from tomorrow and not once have I gotten an email from Haven Concierge nor a phone call. This time we did not even get luggage tags. I called and they stated they will no longer offer luggage tags that tags will be supplied at the pier by scanning the bar code from your eDocs but you can print luggge tags from your e Docs.What I found interesting is the luggage tags do not have our name on them plus do not state Haven or even Priority. NCL did give me the phone number to call the Concierge desk but I have not had time and may just wait to give our requests to the Butler.

25 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have been in the Haven numerous times and never once gotten an email with a pillow menu. My last cruise which was mid November on the Bliss I actually got a phone call about 4 weeks out from Land Concierge asking what we might like in the suite. She mentioned three of the type of pillows available. Feather, Hypo Allergenic an Foam. We asked for extra 3 for each of us and got a very heavy and hard feather and two foam. We cruise again a week from tomorrow and not once have I gotten an email from Haven Concierge nor a phone call. This time we did not even get luggage tags. I called and they stated they will no longer offer luggage tags that tags will be supplied at the pier by scanning the bar code from your eDocs but you can print luggge tags from your e Docs.What I found interesting is the luggage tags do not have our name on them plus do not state Haven or even Priority. NCL did give me the phone number to call the Concierge desk but I have not had time and may just wait to give our requests to the Butler.

A few cruises ago, someone in one of the other forums mentioned that rather than working with the NCL concierge prior to the cruise, they preferred to write out their instructions and hand them to the butler when they first met him/her.  (They're dealing with so many people on that first day.)  So, we tried that...and the butler was so appreciative that he had something in writing to refer to.  He gave us truly great service on all of our requests...!  So, that's what we'll continue doing...! 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise...! 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Yo Adrienne said:

A few cruises ago, someone in one of the other forums mentioned that rather than working with the NCL concierge prior to the cruise, they preferred to write out their instructions and hand them to the butler when they first met him/her.  (They're dealing with so many people on that first day.)  So, we tried that...and the butler was so appreciative that he had something in writing to refer to.  He gave us truly great service on all of our requests...!  So, that's what we'll continue doing...! 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise...! 

That actually sounds like a good idea, Thanks!!. I am wondering who the Concierge is on the Breakaway. I never really check into it but oddly many have been Concierges we have had in the past. John on the Bliss had been our Concierge on the Jewel several years ago and he remembered us from that cruise. I almost think once they know you and know you frequent The Haven the service goes up a notch 😉

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Wow, I got luggage tags in the mail a couple of weeks ago for our 1/29 cruise. Maybe they are being fased out and some get and some don't. 

On 1/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Pillow menu

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Reading Wedge

OMG. It's like I'm in a restaurant looking at the appetizer menu. "Yes, I'll take one of each, please?"