Zuiderdam Quarantine

NMCruiser123

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

enhance

Thought I could see a small spot of white...

It could be me.  I held it up briefly and then suddenly I was staring right into the windows of that building so I put the towel down feeling silly.  The location is about right though.

• Like 3

The Suez is flat and arid on the sides - not lush jungle - and a lot less exciting going through - except for the fact that the views are very exotic and foreign.  If you are on land there are places on the highway where you can see ships moving parallel to you at the same level as they pass through the canal. Sort of like they are on the same highway as you but in a different lane. 

The canals are very different but I would be hard pressed to choose which I prefer. Both are exciting and I want to do both of them again!

Edited by arzz
  • Thanks 2

Wow, your thread has hit more than 28K views! Impressive, as it even exceeds ‘Bill and Mary Ann’s’ world cruise thread. You’ve become a big celebrity! Can’t wait for your final sign-off when your ordeal ends.

Edited by OceanPatter
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, OceanPatter said:

Wow, your thread has hit more than 28K views! Impressive, as it even exceeds ‘Bill and Mary Ann’s’ world cruise thread. You’ve become a big celebrity! Can’t wait for your final sign-off when your ordeal ends.

Ha!  Accidental fame of misfortune.  I’ll have to think about how to wrap this up in 3 days!  Just had a nice chat with some of my quarantine neighbors, including the ship personal trainer who is out of commission until after Ft. Lauderdale.  We are all keeping our spirits high and enjoyed today greatly.  

I am actually booked on the Eurodam Feb 6 -16.  Anyone joining me?  Better question, should I go?  Or is this experience a life lesson of some sort I’m supposed to learn?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NMCruiser123 said:

Ha!  Accidental fame of misfortune.  I’ll have to think about how to wrap this up in 3 days!  Just had a nice chat with some of my quarantine neighbors, including the ship personal trainer who is out of commission until after Ft. Lauderdale.  We are all keeping our spirits high and enjoyed today greatly.  

I am actually booked on the Eurodam Feb 6 -16.  Anyone joining me?  Better question, should I go?  Or is this experience a life lesson of some sort I’m supposed to learn?

Go, go, go!   You should have some increased immunity to infection after this experience.  I doubt you would test positive again unless  you are one of those who tests positive for 90 days.  But, a doctor's note should get you on the ship.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dfish said:

Go, go, go!   You should have some increased immunity to infection after this experience.  I doubt you would test positive again unless  you are one of those who tests positive for 90 days.  But, a doctor's note should get you on the ship.

Agree with your thoughts. It's PCR tests that can see remnants of Covid for up to 90 days. Antigen test wouldn't. 

7 minutes ago, Lizofwisconsin said:

Your link worked.  Wow.  It’s well written but I am claustrophobic and would not survive mentally what she went through.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Your link worked.  Wow.  It’s well written but I am claustrophobic and would not survive mentally what she went through.  

I'm a tiny bit claustrophobic but I can easily stay in an inside cabin. What I wouldn't like is an inside cabin that I can't get out of. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I'm a tiny bit claustrophobic but I can easily stay in an inside cabin. What I wouldn't like is an inside cabin that I can't get out of. 

I think it’s insane to isolate/quarantine someone in an inside cabin and basically throw that key away.  It would be torture to me.  I’m glad HAL has put people in a balcony cabin.   

• Like 8

NMCruiser123

Another wow … you wait until now to disclose that you have another cruise booked for February??

The big question that looms will be: Will he or won’t he? Ha, think of all the sequels you could pen after this one. And if you embark again, we would love to learn what you pack in your ‘potential quarantine’ bag.

Despite your misfortune, you have entertained/educated us immensely. To which we are ever so grateful.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I think it’s insane to isolate/quarantine someone in an inside cabin and basically throw that key away.  It would be torture to me.  I’m glad HAL has put people in a balcony cabin.   

I'm also glad, especially if they continue to quarantine people for 10 days.

I just spent 21 days on the Rotterdam in an inside cabin but I wasn't in there very much, unless I was sleeping. 

Edited by seaoma

4 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Stay feet away from people.

Is it possible to do that ? Do they have seats blocked in the theater?

What about in the MDR and bars? Are all tables/chairs used or are they keeping a distance between them ?

That is a concern. We only to go to the MDR or specialty restaurants because of my food allergies. 

We just want to be prepared and know what to expect. Thank you 😊

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

There's no comparison, Suez is really boring by comparison.  Pretty much just a ditch with sand on both sides.

Roy

I remember so much more:  reeds along the water's edge with fishing boats, ferry boats, the Japanese bridge, military outposts, green farmland on the west with roads and animals, dove cotes, monuments, mosques, Christian churches, cities.

NMcruiser123, I hope that someday you get to see this and much more.  Thank you for sharing so much.

May God bless you and all of the others affected by this pandemic.

Barbara

Edited by bcummin

24 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

Is it possible to do that ? Do they have seats blocked in the theater?

What about in the MDR and bars? Are all tables/chairs used or are they keeping a distance between them ?

That is a concern. We only to go to the MDR or specialty restaurants because of my food allergies. 

We just want to be prepared and know what to expect. Thank you 😊

If there is a crowd we move.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I'm also glad, especially if they continue to quarantine people for 10 days.

I just spent 21 days on the Rotterdam in an inside cabin but I wasn't in there very much, unless I was sleeping. 

I wish I could even handle an ocean view but it’s the “escape” phenomenon I guess where I need to get outside to breath.  I can’t do IKEA as I feel trapped in their store unless I’m with someone who can get me out quickly if I need it.  

I am envious of those that can travel in an inside or ocean view-we could do a lot more cruising plus we have to book close to mid ship of hubby gets sick.  What a pair we are, lol.  

@NMCruiser123 You have learned your life lesson in my opinion. How to stay positive while dealing with a very stressful situation.  

You have helped so many of us, me for one, make our decision whether or not to cruise! DH and I are more than ready to board the Zuiderdam on 2/27/22 for 35 days to “who knows where” in the South Pacific!

Keep on cruising!!!

Cheers, Denise 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I wish I could even handle an ocean view but it’s the “escape” phenomenon I guess where I need to get outside to breath.  I can’t do IKEA as I feel trapped in their store unless I’m with someone who can get me out quickly if I need it.  

I am envious of those that can travel in an inside or ocean view-we could do a lot more cruising plus we have to book close to mid ship of hubby gets sick.  What a pair we are, lol.  

You do what you have to do to make cruising work! That's all good, in my book. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMCruiser123 said:

Not only should you go but HAL should comp the cruise for you.  And I think you have earned a Pinnacle Suite.  Not once have you complained and many many times you have given praise to HAL for all they have done to meet your wants and needs.  Most of us could never have remained as positive as you have been.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I know what you mean. This will be our #39 cruise and I can’t bring myself to book an inside. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 1