Carnival Celebration - New Venues?

cmichael1221

On 1/30/2022 at 12:31 PM, cmichael1221 said:

Rudi's is showing on the Celebration's deckplan, so hopefully that stays!!  We ate there back in October and it was fantastic, just got off Mardi Gras yesterday, but didn't get a chance to to eat there.

Emeril's is NOT on the Celebration deckplan though - it's part of the French Quarter area that's supposed to be something all new...

I couldn't get any crew members to give me any hints last week either! 😞

I do find that kind of curious, as Rudi is the executive chef for Holland America. I can see some marketing possibilities.

4 hours ago, mattcj89 said:

The two that haven’t been mentioned are The Gateway, replacing the French Quarter and 820 Biscayne, replacing La Piazza according to the deck plans.

I loved those 2 areas on the MG The FQ and the LP. I hope they dont change them for the Celebration.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, cmichael1221 said:

I did a trademark search too and didn't find anything!  I was hoping by now some things would start leaking out, to give folks something to look forward to.  I loved Fortune Teller and Brass Magnolia, but maybe they're ready to outdo those venues!!

That's exactly what we were thinking, while flying home from Mardi Gras and trying to think of possible options for the zones..  Definitely like the idea of each ship being different though.  I used to love Alchemy Bar and once we set foot on Mardi Gras, I think we only had one drink at Alchemy!

I'm on Mardi Gras next weekend, will see if anyone will give up any hints...

I'm doing some trademark work in my day job, and the US Patent and Trademark office is like 6 months to a year behind right now...I say keep looking! You never know when those registrations will show up! 🙂

26 minutes ago, sailingships said:

I loved those 2 areas on the MG The FQ and the LP. I hope they dont change them for the Celebration.

The only areas not named for 820 Biscayne (La Piazza) are the replacements for Bar Della Rosa and Piazza Panini. I suspect both will be re-themed appropriately, as the ship will need a deli and another bar for coffee/cocktails.

I presume "The Gateway" will be Latin American in theming. We'll have to assume there is an "Alchemy 3.0" that will take the place of Fortune Teller, as well as a live music venue and a counter service restaurant that fit the new theme.

30 minutes ago, tidecat said:

The only areas not named for 820 Biscayne (La Piazza) are the replacements for Bar Della Rosa and Piazza Panini. I suspect both will be re-themed appropriately, as the ship will need a deli and another bar for coffee/cocktails.

I presume "The Gateway" will be Latin American in theming. We'll have to assume there is an "Alchemy 3.0" that will take the place of Fortune Teller, as well as a live music venue and a counter service restaurant that fit the new theme.

and the Pizzeria.

hard to say on the Gateway. Port Canaveral has nothing to to with the French Quarter, but a Latin Quarter would make sense.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:39 AM, bar10der421 said:

We had to cancel Mardi Gras two days before sailing after I had done lots of research!  We are now booked on Celebration for January, 2023.  I am so hoping that they keep Emmeril's and Rudi's!!!

We’re on the Celebration in January 2023 as well; which sailing?

21 hours ago, tidecat said:

We'll have to assume there is an "Alchemy 3.0" that will take the place of Fortune Teller, as well as a live music venue and a counter service restaurant that fit the new theme.

Overheard one of the bartenders at the Fortune Teller telling another patron that the bar will be replaced with a themed bar with drinks from around the world, as yet unnamed.

• Like 2

Living in Miami, I'm not overly excited about a Miami themed neighborhood, but the Gateway and hints of a 'global travel' bar theme sound great!  So easy to spin for annual international holidays and the like... 

We've never had a bad cruise, I have all the confidence in Carnival ensuring our post-Thanksgiving cruise will be awesome! 

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival does give the new ships the boring itins and saves the “creative” tins for the less popular ships.

Marketing 101, they know the new ships will attract the cruisers, just look at all the attention the MG's gets on this board. So, they have to split the market to keep people interested in their older ships. hence the better itins.

Edited by BasicSailor

On 2/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Overheard one of the bartenders at the Fortune Teller telling another patron that the bar will be replaced with a themed bar with drinks from around the world, as yet unnamed.

That makes sense. The port of Miami is often referred to the cruise and cargo gateway of the world, so a global themed bar would fit in. I'm just sad I won't get to try the Fortune Teller Bar on it. 

12 hours ago, ray985 said:

That makes sense. The port of Miami is often referred to the cruise and cargo gateway of the world, so a global themed bar would fit in. I'm just sad I won't get to try the Fortune Teller Bar on it. 

Thee Fortune Teller bar was our fav bar on our MG cruises

On 2/25/2022 at 6:23 PM, ray985 said:

Hopefully they carry over some of the drinks at least!!

• 4 weeks later...

They just released more information about 820 Biscayne zone. As expected, it's Miami-themed. This zone doesn't really have a functional difference between Mardi Gras and Celebration, just a new design and a few new menu items at the deli and the Bar Della Rosa replacement bar. Not thrilled by a Miami theme, but I have to say it looks cool. 

https://cruisespotlight.com/carnival-details-new-820-biscayne-zone-on-the-celebration/

I'm more interesting in the new Gateway zone as that'll have another new restaurant and two more bars. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:26 AM, kelkel2 said:

I’m kind of wondering if each ship will have its own flavor. Like Mardi Gras has a French quarter but maybe Celebration will have a different theme and therefore different bars. It would keep everything interesting and help make the ship itself a destination different than any other ship. I for one would love that. 

Great point! Having the ships themed to their departure port/port stops would be interesting indeed. Would make each ship unique and have it's own personality and flair. Interesting topic/idea to be sure.  

1 hour ago, ray985 said:

They just released more information about 820 Biscayne zone. As expected, it's Miami-themed. This zone doesn't really have a functional difference between Mardi Gras and Celebration, just a new design and a few new menu items at the deli and the Bar Della Rosa replacement bar. Not thrilled by a Miami theme, but I have to say it looks cool. 

https://cruisespotlight.com/carnival-details-new-820-biscayne-zone-on-the-celebration/

I'm more interesting in the new Gateway zone as that'll have another new restaurant and two more bars. 

I agree!  I loved Fortune Teller Bar because the area was an awesome people watching spot with live music  I am really hoping the new area meets those expectations

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bar10der421 said:

January 15.  So looking forward to it.  First cruise since April, 2019!

We’re on the same sailing; see you onboard!! 🙂.  We did a B2B on Magic in January of this year & we’re sailing out of Baltimore on the Legend in July.  Really excited to be on this new ship; looks beautiful from the pictures I’ve seen!

• Like 1