Anthem of the Seas LIVE 1/9

2 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

I learned the hard way. I will absolutely not order a steak onboard unless it's in Chops. 

We had very good beef tenderloin in mdr last night.  And my DH had prime rib the night before and said it was excellent.   Sorry you had a bad experience with your steak at lunch today.

We did WJ had delicious honey chicken, very tender and tasty.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

We were at Spectra when the captain made his announcement, so we didn't hear it. 

I had a lot of feelings about Spectra. I really wanted to like it. There was a lot that I did like about it. But alas...it's still a cruise ship show. Please don't shoot me, but I'm always let down by cruise ship shows. I just expect them to be mediocre. The only cruise entertainment that has blown me away is on Virgin. I think a big part of the issue is the audience that just sat there like lumps on a log, not giving any expression or interest to the performers. There's got to be a bit of chemistry and this audience just did not give it. But it takes two, and while the artists and performers were very talented, I feel something was missing from the directing/writing/producing end of the show. It needs to grab and engage and it fell a bit short there. I felt they needed to push it a bit further to hit the mark. But it's still pretty great for a cruise ship. I'll probably forget about it in a couple of weeks, just like most other cruise shows. 

The current production of Spectra's Cabaret is missing a lot of content because they do not yet have a full staff onboard to be able to put on the show in its entirety, such as riggers for the aerial performances. That likely eliminates a lot of the WOW factor at times, too.

Just saw the afternoon show of We Will Rock You and all I can say is WOW!!!!  It was so professionally done.  If my husband got up to give a standing ovation then that is really something.  I think it was the best performance I ever saw at sea.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had very good beef tenderloin in mdr last night.  And my DH had prime rib the night before and said it was excellent.   Sorry you had a bad experience with your steak at lunch today.

We did WJ had delicious honey chicken, very tender and tasty.

I actually did have the prime rib on night one in the MDR and it wasn't bad. I wouldn't call it great. Again, it was overdone. A bit bland, needs rosemary and thyme. Prime rib is something we regularly make at home via sous vide and it blows this out of the water. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The current production of Spectra's Cabaret is missing a lot of content because they do not yet have a full staff onboard to be able to put on the show in its entirety, such as riggers for the aerial performances. That likely eliminates a lot of the WOW factor at times, too.

Thank you so much for that information! That explains a lot. I'll be happy to see it again when I can see the complete show. 

33 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just saw the afternoon show of We Will Rock You and all I can say is WOW!!!!  It was so professionally done.  If my husband got up to give a standing ovation then that is really something.  I think it was the best performance I ever saw at sea.

We saw that performance a fews year before covid and everyone still talks about how great it was.

We went to see We Will Rock You this afternoon. Having seen several shows on Broadway and West End, I was nervous that it would feel underwhelming but they really did a great job! It was a lot of fun, production quality was great, awesome talent! I was very pleasantly surprised! Don't miss it! 

The theater was pretty full around us. Not really any distancing other than between the performers and passengers. Everyone around us respected the mask policy. The family in front of us were rude and filmed a lot towards the end of the show (4-5 of them at the same time), which blocked some of our view and the bright screens were obnoxious and distracting. I tried to politely tell them it was distracting and they just kept doing it. Don't be these a**holes. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

We went to see We Will Rock You this afternoon. Having seen several shows on Broadway and West End, I was nervous that it would feel underwhelming but they really did a great job! It was a lot of fun, production quality was great, awesome talent! I was very pleasantly surprised! Don't miss it! 

The theater was pretty full around us. Not really any distancing other than between the performers and passengers. Everyone around us respected the mask policy. The family in front of us were rude and filmed a lot towards the end of the show (4-5 of them at the same time), which blocked some of our view and the bright screens were obnoxious and distracting. I tried to politely tell them it was distracting and they just kept doing it. Don't be these a**holes. 

We are looking forward to WWRY the most!  Thanks for the review.  And Karma to the filmers.  

1 minute ago, PiperHolliday said:

I forgot to mention! They reimbursed one day's worth of the cruise for losing St. Kitts. 

sorry.... timing....     

so you are reimbursed one day of the cruise. Does that mean you return one day early as well?  If not, that is a full day of bingo and 🍹🍺....

1 hour ago, Zeashore said:

sorry.... timing....     

so you are reimbursed one day of the cruise. Does that mean you return one day early as well?  If not, that is a full day of bingo and 🍹🍺....

Still a full 11 night cruise, so it's free money! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

I learned the hard way. I will absolutely not order a steak onboard unless it's in Chops. 

MDR cooks must be holdovers from December. It seemed like anything from the grill or oven whether meat, fish, or poultry was over cooked and dried out.