Sky Princess Sky Suite benefits?

Ehg

We were lucky when we booked our Sky Suite that The Enchanted had just changed all their itineraries, so were offering some very good prices for all the new itineraries. We got a pretty good price, obviously still expensive, but equates to more of a price for one week rather than two weeks when I look at similar cruises in this Suite on other ships. Timing is everything!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:24 PM, ElWatzero III said:

The sound from MUTS was not a problem at all, in fact, the Entertainment Director specifically asked us if the new movies and events were an issue for us in the suite.

Hmmm... I was wondering about this. Do you mean to say that, if you wanted to watch MUTS from your balcony you would actually be able to hear it well and understand what was being said? It seems to me that would make it way too loud for everybody else. I was hoping they piped the sound into the Sky Suite for you so you could watch if you wanted without having to blast out everybody else. It seems to be something they could easily accomplish and they could even provide a volume control for the Sky Suite passengers.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to turn their reservation in a Sky Suite into a private club by way of a Roll Call or social media site.  Get 18 other passengers to each pay $100 per day for use of the balcony and living room spaces of the suite, (not the bedroom areas), from 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. each day.  You'd have your own social gatherings and party atmosphere of 20 people who you'd get to know well, and would recoup $1,800 per day to offset the cost of the Suite.  If the Suite costs around $17,000 for a week, that is roughly $2,400 per day.  You could get $1,800 of that back if you were willing to host a party on your balcony every day.  Obviously the other 18 people wouldn't get any of the Suite benefits.  But they'd get their own quasi-Sanctuary for the day.

Here is a Princess artist's rendering, so clearly they anticipate group gatherings in and around the Suites.  

PAX - Princess kicks luxury up a notch with new Sky Suites

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 2:45 PM, RRFPresident said:

Thanks Jill! I watched a video tour of the suite done by a travel agent and they mentioned the suite comes with priority embark in ports (as in skip the potentially long line of people returning to the ship from tours) and ordering from the sanctuary menu to your cabin. Their video was the only time I've seen such perks mentioned. Was that included in your experience?

We only got off the ship at Princess Cay!  I don't believe we had any priority when getting back on board.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... I was wondering about this. Do you mean to say that, if you wanted to watch MUTS from your balcony you would actually be able to hear it well and understand what was being said? It seems to me that would make it way too loud for everybody else. I was hoping they piped the sound into the Sky Suite for you so you could watch if you wanted without having to blast out everybody else. It seems to be something they could easily accomplish and they could even provide a volume control for the Sky Suite passengers.

We have been on Sky Princess twice this year & the MUTS sound (and the DJ music on deck)  is very loud. We could just about hear it on Dolphin Balcony & on the pool deck it was often was possible to have a conversation while the movie was playing.

2 hours ago, Rubynic said:

We have been on Sky Princess twice this year & the MUTS sound (and the DJ music on deck)  is very loud. We could just about hear it on Dolphin Balcony & on the pool deck it was often was possible to have a conversation while the movie was playing.

Sad. I'm amazed they would blast out everybody else in order to have the sound available to the Sky Suite passengers. They really should offer them a separate audio feed with volume control. They charge enough for the Sky Suite. This is what happens when you put a marketing person in charge.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, ElWatzero III said:

To qualify, we were straight into a tender from the ship but queued to get back on.

Also, just because you’re in a Sky Suite, there’s no preferential service in bars etc. you get served when the team get to you

Thank you so much for posting your experience with the Sky Suite! We are going later this year in this suite on the Sky Princess.

I did read another blogger's experience that when you flash your special white medallion, you get VIP treatment throughout the ship. It tells the staff you are a Sky Suite guest. But they didn't mention about the bars. I don't think they were the bar type.

I have some questions if you don't mind - I have a bit of comprehension disability and what they posted on the Princess Sky Suite benefits page does not always seem clear to me.

The ultimate balcony breakfast/dining states it is complimentary to Sky Suite - is this just once during the whole cruise or all the time? If I wanted this dinner every night would only one time be free? Same with afternoon tea. (not that I could eat lobster and/or steak every night - haha!)

And here's a really silly question but I'm curious - that photo of the succulent plants on the balcony dining table you posted... are they real or fake? I am a huge fan of succulents (part of my hobby) and knowing we get live ones in our suite is such a bonus for me!

I can't wait to see the Rock Opera in our reserved Princess Theater seating! We'll be in the Caribbean on our cruise so hopefully, if weather permits, we'll take advantage of our complimentary Princess Cay private bungalow.

Thank you!

On 6/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

👀🤑👀

Our 7-night Caribbean cruise was about the same. I know it sounds like a lot and we'll NEVER get to afford this experience again. However, I went to all other cruise ships to price out something similar for 5 people. I checked out Royal and NCL. Princess is by far the most affordable. I even did 2 balcony suites on NCL without all these perks and it cost just as much if not more.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, JimmyVWine said:

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to turn their reservation in a Sky Suite into a private club by way of a Roll Call or social media site.  Get 18 other passengers to each pay $100 per day for use of the balcony and living room spaces of the suite, (not the bedroom areas), from 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. each day.  You'd have your own social gatherings and party atmosphere of 20 people who you'd get to know well, and would recoup $1,800 per day to offset the cost of the Suite.  If the Suite costs around $17,000 for a week, that is roughly $2,400 per day.  You could get $1,800 of that back if you were willing to host a party on your balcony every day.  Obviously the other 18 people wouldn't get any of the Suite benefits.  But they'd get their own quasi-Sanctuary for the day.

Here is a Princess artist's rendering, so clearly they anticipate group gatherings in and around the Suites.  

PAX - Princess kicks luxury up a notch with new Sky Suites

I have often wondered why people book it just for two people. It seems like it is something to be shared and enjoyed. I would hope I could just meet people along the way and invite them over to enjoy the space with us. 
It’s a two fold thing for me…if I did book it, I would also feel compelled to stay there all the time and not get out to the shows, or other activities.  

2 hours ago, shythom said:

Thank you so much for posting your experience with the Sky Suite! We are going later this year in this suite on the Sky Princess.

I did read another blogger's experience that when you flash your special white medallion, you get VIP treatment throughout the ship. It tells the staff you are a Sky Suite guest. But they didn't mention about the bars. I don't think they were the bar type.

I have some questions if you don't mind - I have a bit of comprehension disability and what they posted on the Princess Sky Suite benefits page does not always seem clear to me.

The ultimate balcony breakfast/dining states it is complimentary to Sky Suite - is this just once during the whole cruise or all the time? If I wanted this dinner every night would only one time be free? Same with afternoon tea. (not that I could eat lobster and/or steak every night - haha!)

And here's a really silly question but I'm curious - that photo of the succulent plants on the balcony dining table you posted... are they real or fake? I am a huge fan of succulents (part of my hobby) and knowing we get live ones in our suite is such a bonus for me!

I can't wait to see the Rock Opera in our reserved Princess Theater seating! We'll be in the Caribbean on our cruise so hopefully, if weather permits, we'll take advantage of our complimentary Princess Cay private bungalow.

Thank you!

The Ultimate Balcony dinner and breakfast are complimentary, but only one of each during your cruise. We booked ours via the Shoreside Concierge when he called last week. In 3 weeks, we should be experiencing this wonderful suite on The Enchanted, providing we get a negative test!

• Like 3

On 6/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, AF-1 said:

I believe the Sky Suites have their own speaker system connected on the outside deck.  You can control the volume on these speakers

They don’t on Sky Princess, but as my previous posts we didn’t find MUTS to be an issue when relaxing on the sky suite balcony 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shythom said:

Thank you!

Taking your questions in turn

You get one free balcony dinner and one free balcony breakfast and trust me yiu simply couldn’t eat like that every day even if they gave it to you 😀

Afternoon tea, you can order as often as you like 

the plants outside are all fake as is all the greenery. I think the plants inside are real but didn’t pay too much attention to them 

Both Rock Opera and 5 Skies are amazing and Princess Cays is great and we hope to be back there in 2024 once we start flying again post covid and allowing enough time for the airlines and infrastructure to be back to pre pandemic levels

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ElWatzero III said:

You get one free balcony dinner and one free balcony breakfast and trust me yiu simply couldn’t eat like that every day even if they gave it to you 😀

the plants outside are all fake as is all the greenery. I think the plants inside are real but didn’t pay too much attention to them 

Both Rock Opera and 5 Skies are amazing and Princess Cays is great and we hope to be back there in 2024 once we start flying again post covid and allowing enough time for the airlines and infrastructure to be back to pre pandemic levels

Thank you! I suppose we can always order from just the room service menu for breakfast on days we feel like it but you are right - We won't be able to eat this way everyday.

In fact, I find fitting in all the good food is hard enough during a seven day cruise. We already have our complimentary embarkation day specialty dinner reserved at Sabitinis (or favorite) and are happy to pay for another night at Crown Grill. We'll definitely take advantage of one ultimate balcony dinner for one night.

We also hope to do the Chef's Table if we can be fast enough to make reservations when we arrive.

So many places to eat, so little time. 😄

Thanks for answering my questions!

1 hour ago, Suite Susie said:

The Ultimate Balcony dinner and breakfast are complimentary, but only one of each during your cruise. We booked ours via the Shoreside Concierge when he called last week. In 3 weeks, we should be experiencing this wonderful suite on The Enchanted, providing we get a negative test!

Thank you! Have fun! 🙂

On 7/1/2022 at 2:37 PM, ElWatzero III said:

Oh one more question if you don't mind - the Enclave. Is that one complimentary access per person in the Sky Suite or do we get to go to it anytime during the cruise? I think that's my last one. Thanks! 🙂

10 hours ago, shythom said:

Oh one more question if you don't mind - the Enclave. Is that one complimentary access per person in the Sky Suite or do we get to go to it anytime during the cruise? I think that's my last one. Thanks! 🙂

On board now and you get access for the whole cruise. We will be heading down shortly. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, shythom said:

Access is free as often as you wish to go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, Suite Susie said:

How was your cruise and the suite? 

It was incredible. The Sky Suite was amazing, very comfortable and what an fabulous balcony. You will love it. The storage was a little limited, but Sky Princess has a different layout to Enchanted, with much more drawers etc. Loved the location of the Suite, right by the lifts and always got into an empty lift. Loved our breakfasts at Sabatinis, best we have ever had on a cruise ship.  We enjoyed both the Balcony Breakfast and the Balcony dinner, although we had to have the latter inside due to the weather. The thing which made our cruise the best ever was April, our SEM.  Nothing was too much trouble and she surprised us on numerous occasions with unexpected treats. She was incredible. We had no noise from the pool deck, nor Movies under the Stars. We had a few problems with the wine availability on the Premier package, but April waived her magic wand and made sure that we had our favourites at dinner every evening. The entertainment, crew and food were really good.  We can’t wait to book another when funds allow. You will have an incredible time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I love the idea of all of the extras in the sky suite, but really love the wake view of the aft penthouse suites.  I think Princess may be missing an opportunity to allow any full suite passenger to keep their suite but upgrade their package to include the extra service.  Depending on the cost, I may have done it for our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1