Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

6 hours ago, york survey said:

Now this is getting a bit unfair and it's about time celebrity told it's booked passengers what is going on. I accept putting cruises on hold pending a decision is a sound business move. BUT....

Looking at marinetraffic INFINITY HAS JUST SAILED FOR LAS PALMAS!!!

That is curious, if bunkered in Piraeus which presumably is why she sailed there from Italy, don't see why this destination - unless they are parting with her

5 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

That is curious, if bunkered in Piraeus which presumably is why she sailed there from Italy, don't see why this destination - unless they are parting with her

6 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

There has been talk of two M class ships possibly going to a re started Pullmantur. 
https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23950-pullmantur-could-mount-comeback-with-two-celebrity-ships.html

1 hour ago, baabtx said:

Totes agree with you, although my final payment is due in 2 days, so I'd really appreciate some clarity from Celebrity on this.  It's the difference between us taking a sailing on 5/5/2022 or just having a 17 day vacation in Italy or the South of France.  At this point I'm leaning to just a vacation.

I thought that final payments were recently moved to 60 days, although maybe that doesn't apply to the Spring/Summer schedule. 

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I said it already.  Nothing new.  I am just saying that nothing has happened since then and in fact Celebrity denied it (at the end of the article).  

I’m sure all will become clear by the end of the week. If it be that Infinity is sailing this year or not. All this speculation is being fuelled by some travel agents either being very well informed or having inside information Celebrity will not make public just yet. This is not helped by some sailings being taken off sale. We all like to hypothesise.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

The article predates the current status of their solvency issues.

2 minutes ago, LeMonjat said:

I’m sure all will become clear by the end of the week. If it be that Infinity is sailing this year or not. All this speculation is being fuelled by some travel agents either being very well informed or having inside information Celebrity will not make public just yet. This is not helped by some sailings being taken off sale. We all like to hypothesise.  

Edited by LeMonjat

7 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Sad to see Pullmantur finally go. They were a cheap and cheerful alternative to the mainstream companies. Always excellent value for money. Enjoyed time on Pullmantur’s Horizon as it was our very first ship when with Celebrity back in 1997. 

6 minutes ago, LeMonjat said:

Sad to see Pullmantur finally go. They were a cheap and cheerful alternative to the mainstream companies. Always excellent value for money. Enjoyed time on Pullmantur’s Horizon as it was our very first ship when with Celebrity back in 1997. 

I think their return is imminent.

1 minute ago, LeMonjat said:

I’ll be in Madrid next week. I could alway pop in to their head office and ask..😉😉

May I ask how is travel currently within the EU, specifically related to Covid, vaccinations and proof of ? From your viewpoint do you see any challenges this late Spring/Early Summer for U.S. citizens going on multiple Country ports in the Europe? 

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

May I ask how is travel currently within the EU, specifically related to Covid, vaccinations and proof of ? From your viewpoint do you see any challenges this late Spring/Early Summer for U.S. citizens going on multiple Country ports in the Europe? 

Travel within Europe is pretty much back to normal. You will need proof of vaccination and booster if your second jab is more than 6m old in some countries to access tourist attractions, restaurants etc especially in Italy. I would advise using an EU approved app. We use “Tous Anti Covid” as we’re French residents. It is also in English. It recognised most vax and test QR codes.
Most of the Med counties are currently requiring passenger locator forms, which is a pain. Italy will only allow cruise passengers to visit on ships excursions. Some cruise lines have their own specific rules on excursions. 
Omicron is on the decline in the U.K. most covid restrictions have been removed.  Europe is a few weeks behind the curve. We’re pretty confident spring and summer will be fine. We have two cruises booked in May and two land road trips in February.  Travel within the EU is no problem at all. Even the spat between the U.K. and France seems to have ended! Lol. Hope this helps. But don’t forget….things can change very quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just an aside. We’ve recently visited Spain, Italy, Greece, U.K. and Croatia. My response was based on experience in these countries. All by ship and Spain and Italy also by car and all in the last 6/8weeks. We will be back in Spain again next week so I like to think we’ve a pretty good handle on the situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LeMonjat said:

Travel within Europe is pretty much back to normal. You will need proof of vaccination and booster if your second jab is more than 6m old in some countries to access tourist attractions, restaurants etc especially in Italy. I would advise using an EU approved app. We use “Tous Anti Covid” as we’re French residents. It is also in English. It recognised most vax and test QR codes.
Most of the Med counties are currently requiring passenger locator forms, which is a pain. Italy will only allow cruise passengers to visit on ships excursions. Some cruise lines have their own specific rules on excursions. 
Omicron is on the decline in the U.K. most covid restrictions have been removed.  Europe is a few weeks behind the curve. We’re pretty confident spring and summer will be fine. We have two cruises booked in May and two land road trips in February.  Travel within the EU is no problem at all. Even the spat between the U.K. and France seems to have ended! Lol. Hope this helps. But don’t forget….things can change very quickly. 

Thanks for the information. We have a b2b2b cruises totally 31 days (on an old Carnival ship) starting in middle May in Barcelona and ending in Dover. All the basics have been booked but I hesitate to start planning any touring especially since we prefer to do our own thing rather than ships tours and it may be too early to know what port restrictions for cruise passengers will be, if any. What is nice is that there's not one repeat port of call so there will be tons of sightseeing. 

Edited by kwokpot

33 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Pardon me for chiming in, but as an American vacationing in Italy right now, I’d like to respond too. 

Airlines, hotels, trains, some attractions and some restaurants ask to see our vaccination cards….it’s very quick and easily done. Otherwise, travel is very normal and routine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, N 2 Sun said:

Pardon me for chiming in, but as an American vacationing in Italy right now, I’d like to respond too. 

Airlines, hotels, trains, some attractions and some restaurants ask to see our vaccination cards….it’s very quick and easily done. Otherwise, travel is very normal and routine. 

Thanks,Good to hear!

Edited by kwokpot

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Thanks for the information. We have a b2b2b cruises totally 31 days (on an old Carnival ship) starting in middle May in Barcelona and ending in Dover. All the basics have been booked but I hesitate to start planning any touring especially since we prefer to do our own thing rather than ships tours and it may be too early to know what port restrictions for cruise passengers will be, if any. What is nice is that there's not one repeat port of call so there will be tons of sightseeing. 

That’s a lots of ports! There are at least three that are nowhere near where the ship docks. I’m sure you know that. Even a couple we’ve not been to! 

8 minutes ago, N 2 Sun said:

And masks…we do like masks. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, N 2 Sun said:

Love to hear this, thank you!  My husband and I are currently planning a delayed Covid honeymoon in Italy for one month in mid June to mid July.  We have everything booked as refundable, 10 days Rome, 10 days Florence/Tuscany and 10 days Venice and surrounds.  Love hearing how good this is for you.  Def hope it stays the same for June!  Enjoy your vacation!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, N 2 Sun said:

By vaccination card, does the plain old CDC card with handwritten doses suffice?

17 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Thanks for the information. We have a b2b2b cruises totally 31 days (on an old Carnival ship) starting in middle May in Barcelona and ending in Dover. 

I think my wife and I will be on one of those legs.