TESTING ANXIETY

Lorey2007

I am having major anxiety over this testing. 

Walgreens wants me to make a appt in Virginia...I live in Michigan

CVS won't let me make an appt until 3 weeks before & that is iffy

Called 5 Urgent cares in a 2 mile radius they only provide a written form

The urgent care that does print, I'm not sure it's good enough, don't know who to check with picture below

We are not tech or confident enough to do the emed

Signed up with DocGo not sure how that works cost $100 each. Need to make appointment 30 days before.

Don't really want to fly to LA not tested before

Anybody got any ideas

Southshore.jpg

CVS is your best 1st option.  Walgreens only allows appointments 1 week before here in MI.  Make sure you are selecting the rapid IDNOW that takes less than 24 hours for results.  I also got this from the Canton page yesterday, it looks like you can make an appointment further out and it is $50 in Livonia -  https://viruspasstesting.com/#register

Last time I traveled I booked a morning appt at CVS and then an afternoon at walgreens for a backup.  This time I have also purchased the Emed tests, but I am ok with tech.

18 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I am having major anxiety over this testing. 

Walgreens wants me to make a appt in Virginia...I live in Michigan

CVS won't let me make an appt until 3 weeks before & that is iffy

The urgent care that does print, I'm not sure it's good enough, don't know who to check with picture below

We are not tech or confident enough to do the emed

Signed up with DocGo not sure how that works cost $100 each. Need to make appointment 30 days before.

Don't really want to fly to LA not tested before

Anybody got any ideas

Southshore.jpg

Not sure when you are traveling but I just checked Walgreens and the Trenton location has appointments available right now until the 18th.  Make sure you select the IDNOW test in RED.

We did the binaxNOW proctored test. Customer service was great. We did them one at a time so that the other person was available to help with problems. We did have minor problems because we know nothing about computers, tablets, phones and video. We found our phones to work best. We couldn't get the video working on the laptop. The proctor people were easy to access.  They walked us through everything.  They made adjustments when sound was one way only.  We got through the test and had the option to print,  which we did, or just use the app. Don't let it scare you.  We had a lot of anxiety about "test day" but it was much easier then we expected!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Not sure when you are traveling but I just checked Walgreens and the Trenton location has appointments available right now until the 18th.  Make sure you select the IDNOW test in RED.

I called and spoke to the pharmacist the red dot says results in less than 24 hrs . We need the rapid results less than a hour, the light blue dot, Trenton doesn't have that. We are flying out the next morning I want to have results before I get on a plane.    

6 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

I called and spoke to the pharmacist the red dot says results in less than 24 hrs . We need the rapid results less than a hour, the light blue dot, Trenton doesn't have that. We are flying out the next morning I want to have results before I get on a plane.    

I did the red dot and I got my results in 4 hours.  Walgreens in MI does not do rapid antigen.  You will have to then try CVS since they have rapid antigen.  Or check the other link I sent.

22 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Also try this website.  Even though at first it asks only for appointment within the next couple of days, once you get a list and find a location with the Rapid Antigen, you can click see more and then more dates.

image.png.b6e183e53533f118422c4c2208887267.png

I'll check this out but I bet they are not open on a Saturday.

There are some really good YouTube videos that show the process for the Emed tests.  I watched a couple of them and knew what to prepare for (for example, have scissors to cut open the packets the testing materials are in).   I found being prepared for what to expect took a lot of the anxiety out of the testing.

The proctors were really very good about walking you through the process, telling you if you needed to move your camera, etc.   When you first go on to the Emed site, they go through checks for your video, audio, microphone.   I don't consider myself to be very "techy", but it was pretty easy.

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 1

I can understand the OP completely about feeling uncertain about tech. 

Some of you above though have been very helpful in your kind responses.

All of you also seem to have no problem with adding the RCI app when sailing however I just read that your iPhone needs to be a 12. Ours is only an iPhone 7 & 8...so what's your suggestion with this.

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

The picture you provided is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE.  You're stressing about this WAY too much.  

Royal doesn't accept HANDWRITTEN DOCTOR NOTES because any old person could have written them.  But a typed page on office letterhead that lists the patient's name and DOB, the date/time the test/specimen was taken, the name/address of the medical professional or lab doing the testing, and the result of the test -- that would be accepted.  

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

All of you also seem to have no problem with adding the RCI app when sailing however I just read that your iPhone needs to be a 12. Ours is only an iPhone 7 & 8...so what's your suggestion with this.

Who told you it had to be a 12?  Never heard that before.

You don't have to be sailing to put the app on your phone -- download it now and see for yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, brillohead said:

Who told you it had to be a 12?  Never heard that before.

You don't have to be sailing to put the app on your phone -- download it now and see for yourself.

I believe it was in the fine print RCI online. So you're saying that isn't true...perhaps I misunderstood.

Thanks for your response.

• Like 2

Just now, micruiser2002 said:

I think maybe they are talking about the Navica app for the RCL covid testing.  I thought I read something about issues also if it was a newer Iphone?  

Yes....I believe it was. I was looking at the options to get a covid test at the port if all else fails.

I'm sailing on Navigator out of Los Angeles and it was only giving me Baltimore info. 

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I believe it was in the fine print RCI online. So you're saying that isn't true...perhaps I misunderstood.

I believe this is what you saw - if your phone is still able to get IOS updates just make sure you have this one or later.

Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ashland said:

Yes....I believe it was. I was looking at the options to get a covid test at the port if all else fails.

I'm sailing on Navigator out of Los Angeles and it was only giving me Baltimore info. 

Ok, I believe there have been reports of issues with the Navica app and older phones.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Big difference between an iPhone 12 and iOS 12... the first is the model of the phone, the second is the version of the software.  

You should be all set.... seeya on Navigator on Monday!

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, MichaelJess said:

We did the binaxNOW proctored test. Customer service was great. We did them one at a time so that the other person was available to help with problems. We did have minor problems because we know nothing about computers, tablets, phones and video. We found our phones to work best. We couldn't get the video working on the laptop. The proctor people were easy to access.  They walked us through everything.  They made adjustments when sound was one way only.  We got through the test and had the option to print,  which we did, or just use the app. Don't let it scare you.  We had a lot of anxiety about "test day" but it was much easier then we expected!

When you put your name in the Navica account where you put your first name only in the first name line or did you leave a space after your first name and added your middle name. Reason I am asking is I have heard some Proctor's require you to do so.