specialty restaurant onboard deals

killsport

I remember before C*V!D you could sometimes get deals on specialty restaurants if they weren't filling up / meeting their quota. Can anyone (who has recently been on an S-class ship) let me know if this is still happening? If so, what are the prices you've seen?

Also, is Sushi on 5 still doing an all-you-can-eat price as well as the ala carte? 

Thanks all! Stay safe and happy!

Not a S class but we were on the Edge and occupancy on the ship was about 35%.  But the discounts offered were only $5 pp.  It seemed that they planned on reduced occupancy and the specialty restaurants were not staffed to handle being fully booked.

Like in the past, stop by and inquire about a discount.   They often also have staff out roaming the ship offering discounts if not selling well.   I've also asked the Retreat Concierge to check on getting a discount.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Our cruise planner showed first night discounts for both Murano and Lawn Club Grill for our Reflection sailing next week.  Rather than $45, we will pay $30.  

They were offering those same deals in the Cruise Planner before Covid. 

We just got off the Odyssey of the Seas and RCCL offered an Ultimate dinning plan.  One price for the week and you could go to the specialty restaurants for dinner and lunch every day.  Does Celebrity offer anything like this for the Edge?

We always go to Sushi on Five or Raw on 5 and after first visit they offer us a 30% discount.  We have to remind them of the offer.  Not sure why one could not request it on first visit.

On Apex in November we had a hard time having lunch at Raw on 5 and the maitre 'd was not very accomadating.  The service was slow and unlike any service we had previously.  If you want lunch I would suggest going to the restaurant and requesting a reservation.  The server said to us "why does everyone want to eat at the same time!" which shows he was a bit upset.  The restaurant was only 60% full. Le Bistro service at lunch was excellent. Not sure why Raw on 5 had an issue.

The service at other specialty restaurants in the evening was excellent.

On 1/12/2022 at 3:35 PM, lola2013 said:

Our cruise planner showed first night discounts for both Murano and Lawn Club Grill for our Reflection sailing next week.  Rather than $45, we will pay $30.  

For my trip the cruise planner shows a discount for the first night at Tuscan but no time slots available.  I wish Celebrity would put a sold out sign on the link in cruise planner.

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

For my trip the cruise planner shows a discount for the first night at Tuscan but no time slots available.  I wish Celebrity would put a sold out sign on the link in cruise planner.

Are you in a suite with a butler?  If you are, just a$k them, they will find a way to make it happen.  If you are not, head to one of the restaurants soon after you board, they can assist as well.

Keep an eye on the daily schedule and if there is a sushi making demonstration, attend it and they'll likely hand out 20% off coupons for Sushi on 5 that are good any time during your cruise.

Last week on the Connie they were getting very aggressive with discounts to fill Tuscan and QSine.  We had 6 sea days on that 11 day trip so there were lots of lunches offered in the specialties as well.  Typical discounts being offered were 20-30% off, although on the last night of the cruise (also a sea day) they were offering 50% off. 

• Thanks 1

Just an update. You CAN get some discounts if the circumstances are right!

We we’re approached by someone trying to fill Raw on Five and negotiated a 30% discount one day and another was  the Steakhouse (NOT recommended), where we got $20 off. 

Don’t expect anything if you just walk up though. 

• Thanks 2