Which Line?

Sir Cumference

Note that Saga does not have Club dinning as such. You can, however, request a "fixed" table in the main dinning room but there is a limited number of these and I believe you have to be seated within a certain time or the table is available for others to use.

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

It’s now £500 pp more than it was when I booked - for 7 days - so yeah book early with saga. 

Unlike P&O, Saga do not operate fluid pricing. The full maximum fare is clearly stated at lauch together with an early booking discount, which usually starts at 35% and reduces to nil as the ship fills up. So booking early makes sense.

Saga also have lots of single cabins, representing about 10% of the ship's capacity. They carry an approx 50% single supplement compared to equivalent twin cabins.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I've always found Fred to be more expensive than Saga for balcony cabins. 

Just checked Fred's Bolette deck plans. She has 690 cabins and 174? of them have balconies, all of which are various types of suite. There are 'terrace' cabins on the promenade deck which have direct deck access but no balcony - yuk!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just checked Fred's Bolette deck plans. She has 690 cabins and 174? of them have balconies, all of which are various types of suite. There are 'terrace' cabins on the promenade deck which have direct deck access but no balcony - yuk!

Iona has “balcony” terrace as well - I can’t think of anything worse - amazingly the people I saw in them seemed unconcerned ! One bloke was in his dressing gown standing right at the front of the “balcony” inches away from people walking past and looking into his cabin - drinking tea - nonchalantly.

• Like 2

Just now, paulatsea said:

Iona has “balcony” terrace as well - I can’t think of anything worse - amazingly the people I saw in them seemed unconcerned ! One bloke was in his dressing gown standing right at the front of the “balcony” inches away from people walking past and looking into his cabin - drinking tea - nonchalantly.

Not a direct access to the deck but in full view of promenade.

48 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

People have been known to pay many thousands for a beach hut, and most of these are fully exposed to anyone walking along the seafront promenade. Same situation really.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

People have been known to pay many thousands for a beach hut, and most of these are fully exposed to anyone walking along the seafront promenade. Same situation really.

Not if your are in bed and want to have the window open. Or naked in the room with the window open. 

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It's still up to you whether to draw the balcony curtains, or open the beach hut doors.

Would you stay in one of those type of cabins ?  I know some people don’t mind but I would hate it - I like privacy . But I would have a beach hut if offered ! Not the same  thing in my opinion as the cabin is your home for the duration.

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Would you stay in one of those type of cabins ?  I know some people don’t mind but I would hate it - I like privacy . But I would have a beach hut if offered ! Not the same  thing in my opinion as the cabin is your home for the duration.

No, it does not appeal to me  but I guess someone who is far more extrovert, might quite enjoy one of these cabins.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No, it does not appeal to me  but I guess someone who is far more extrovert, might quite enjoy one of these cabins.

You could try wearing one of those naked lady pinny's as people walk past your cabin :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Obviously the posters on here have never been camping/caravanning ( not static), because on a nice morning you see a varied array of  various states of dress going to the shower block, me included

Speak for yourself, 5 years of a Andre Jemat frame tent before buying a caravan at Cleethorpes which had toilet block and water 2 min walk away .Was all good fun though ,as you say could write a book on some of the sights :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos