earliest flight from LHR

laurieb

We're scheduled to arrive in Southhampton at 6am, end of August.  Is an 11:40am flight from LHR to the US doable?  We plan on taking a private transfer.  Trying to avoid flying through ORD and DFW that time of year 

Edited by laurieb

I wouldn't think so.   Lots of assumptions - you dock on time, you can walk off with your luggage, you can leave the port ASAP, you don't hit any traffic, you don't have any issues at the airport (check-in, bag drop, security, etc.)   

13 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And to follow up on Zach, just where does the OP think would be a better place to fly into than ORD and DFW?

Perhaps the OP is looking at the non-stop direct to Phoenix.  

25 minutes ago, em-sk said:

Perhaps the OP is looking at the non-stop direct to Phoenix.  

I checked and, in late August 2022, the AA nonstop leaves at 0915, and the BA nonstop leaves at 1440. It appears to be that way on all days in late August. 

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

As someone who routinely flies LHR-ORD and LHR-DFW at all times of years, I wouldn't necessarily avoid them in August. The vast majority of the time you'll be fine, especially with ORD. 

Thanks!  I was concerned mostly about weather related issues

49 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And to follow up on Zach, just where does the OP think would be a better place to fly into than ORD and DFW?

not really sure which is why I'm asking for some input.  Phoenix is an option and we've also flown LAX as the flights sometimes work better for us.

My concerns for ORD and DFW are really more weather related than anything else.

We prefer TUS to PHX and most all of AA's flights connect through ORD and DFW

Edited by laurieb

2 hours ago, laurieb said:

not really sure which is why I'm asking for some input.  Phoenix is an option and we've also flown LAX as the flights sometimes work better for us.

My concerns for ORD and DFW are really more weather related than anything else.

We prefer TUS to PHX and most all of AA's flights connect through ORD and DFW

For Dallas, August is actually just about the driest time of the year. It's hot and dry (rain wise...humidity wise, not so dry)...and while severe weather can, of course, always happen (even in winter), it's not as common in August as it is in, say, May and June. I believe there are also more DFW-TUS flights than ORD-TUS flights, so I do think connecting through Dallas is something you should consider if the nonstop LHR-PHX doesn't work for you. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

For Dallas, August is actually just about the driest time of the year. It's hot and dry (rain wise...humidity wise, not so dry)...and while severe weather can, of course, always happen (even in winter), it's not as common in August as it is in, say, May and June. I believe there are also more DFW-TUS flights than ORD-TUS flights, so I do think connecting through Dallas is something you should consider if the nonstop LHR-PHX doesn't work for you. 

Thank you very much!  You've been very helpful 🙂