Birthday on your cruise

clianmel

I have just noticed that my travel summary includes a birthday on board package. My guess is that this could range from a comp for a speciality restaurant down to 6 out of tune waiters singing happy birthday at your dining table (which makes me cringe on the water or on the land). Can any body shed any light on what to expect?

Thanks Cliff

If it's just the regular comped birthday celebration, it's a little poster on your door (they used to have balloons too but since stopped for ecological reasons) and a card in your cabin for a complimentary cake in the dining room. You will get the singing unless you request them to keep it on the down low. The cake is actually very tasty. 

I've since heard, that now with the medallion, your birthday will be silently announced on the screens throughout the ship when you pass by them.

Here is a photo of me getting my cake a few years ago on the Regal and the nifty take back to the cabin package they made for me ~

71636547-2048-4B21-BC7C-2AA0D62EA73E.jpeg

B921437F-50AB-48A3-B16F-D9483F117488.jpeg

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, clianmel said:

I have just noticed that my travel summary includes a birthday on board package. My guess is that this could range from a comp for a speciality restaurant down to 6 out of tune waiters singing happy birthday at your dining table (which makes me cringe on the water or on the land). Can any body shed any light on what to expect?

Thanks Cliff

Log into your cruise organizer and click on Onboard Services then click on Celebration Packages.This shows all the option available. At the very bottom is a listing of Reservations and Purchases. Should be able to match up what you're receiving. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, gsdpidge said:

Log into your cruise organizer and click on Onboard Services then click on Celebration Packages.This shows all the option available. At the very bottom is a listing of Reservations and Purchases. Should be able to match up what you're receiving. Hope this helps.

These are packages you can purchase. The comp package is as described in post #2. 

• Like 2

Our granddaughter turns 17 on our March cruise on Caribbean Princess.  I checked and the birthday packages are all $49 and higher.  No mention of cake or singing in the packages. This family cruise has already turned into a money pit so I think we'll just go with the banner we ordered from Amazon and have the family sing - at least we can carry a tune.  Of course we'll have to do it at dinner for the embarrassment factor.

By way of comparison, we were on Celebrity Equinox in early September.  That covered my birthday and our anniversary.  Bottle of wine for our anniversary.  Bad singing for my birthday.  Cake for both.  Nothing is truly free but at least there was no extra charge.

5 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Our granddaughter turns 17 on our March cruise on Caribbean Princess.  I checked and the birthday packages are all $49 and higher.  No mention of cake or singing in the packages. This family cruise has already turned into a money pit so I think we'll just go with the banner we ordered from Amazon and have the family sing - at least we can carry a tune.  Of course we'll have to do it at dinner for the embarrassment factor.

By way of comparison, we were on Celebrity Equinox in early September.  That covered my birthday and our anniversary.  Bottle of wine for our anniversary.  Bad singing for my birthday.  Cake for both.  Nothing is truly free but at least there was no extra charge.

You dont have to buy a package to get the cake and song version. Just note in your reservation under celebrations.  As I recall you can do this yourself but you also could ask our TA or PVP to note it. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The no charge celebration includes the door poster a cake in the DR for dinner and singing if you want it. In the covid era there may.not be singing. You don't order this. It comes I think you will get a card in your cabin. No wines. The only time we received wine was for our 500th day on board.

Edited by skynight

1 minute ago, Buckeye10640 said:

You dont have to buy a package to get the cake and song version. Just note in your reservation under celebrations.  As I recall you can do this yourself but you also could ask our TA or PVP to note it. 

I was looking for something like that on the site but only found the packages.  Could that be one of those things we need to do on the app?

Now that the celebration comes up on the portals around the ship when you use your medallion, no more door signs.  We didn’t realize the portals displayed the “Happy Anniversary” announcement to my husband until our cruise was almost complete.  We also got a cake and it was yummy!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

Now that the celebration comes up on the portals around the ship when you use your medallion, no more door signs.  We didn’t realize the portals displayed the “Happy Anniversary” announcement to my husband until our cruise was almost complete.  We also got a cake and it was yummy!

I found on the app where to enter her birthday info.  No indication of what's included but we'll bring a banner with us and embarrass her at dinner - it's our job.  

Now that I think of it there was some waiter singing on Sky in November.  It was pretty bad but as long as the embarrassment factor is there.........😁

Edited by cltnccruisers
  • Haha 1

I just celebrated my birthday on the Ruby (disembarked an hour ago). My booking was marked as celebrating my bday. 
When I ordered my medallion I ordered the birthday cake on it. 
I didn’t get a poster on my door. I called room service one night and was told they didn’t have bday cakes but they did send up something nice. I’ll try to attach pictures. 

The funnest part was the video that plays on the medallion screens when you tap in. I’ll try to attach that ad well. 

image.jpg

D656F473-9F79-4EA5-87E8-546EBF21F364.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just celebrated my birthday on the Ruby (disembarked an hour ago). My booking was marked as celebrating my bday. 
When I ordered my medallion I ordered the birthday cake on it. 
I didn’t get a poster on my door. I called room service one night and was told they didn’t have bday cakes but they did send up something nice. I’ll try to attach pictures. 

The funnest part was the video that plays on the medallion screens when you tap in. I’ll try to attach that ad well. 

image.jpg

D656F473-9F79-4EA5-87E8-546EBF21F364.jpeg

IMG_5194.MOV

Cake looks great.  Did they send that to your cabin or the dining room?

The main point is the embarrassment factor so we need this to be as public as possible.  

Edited by cltnccruisers

We just celebrated my husband's birthday, our son's college graduation and our 25th Anniversary on the Sky on our NYE cruise. We got the cards for the celebratory cakes in the dining room, and for our anniversary, as well as a bottle of wine in our cabin for my husband and in my sons' cabin for our graduate. Also, when my husband and I came back to our cabin after port one day to find this, and there was also a bottle of wine, which I am not sure you can see. We didn't pay for any of it.

PXL_20220103_153103320.jpg

PXL_20220103_153118994.jpg

PXL_20220103_153121905.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mjmalino said:

We just celebrated my husband's birthday, our son's college graduation and our 25th Anniversary on the Sky on our NYE cruise. We got the cards for the celebratory cakes in the dining room, and for our anniversary, as well as a bottle of wine in our cabin for my husband and in my sons' cabin for our graduate. Also, when my husband and I came back to our cabin after port one day to find this, and there was also a bottle of wine, which I am not sure you can see. We didn't pay for any of it.

PXL_20220103_153103320.jpg

PXL_20220103_153118994.jpg

PXL_20220103_153121905.jpg

Nice.  What did you have to do to make all that happen?  The only thing I've found is a Celebration selection under her profile on the app.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Nice.  What did you have to do to make all that happen?  The only thing I've found is a Celebration selection under her profile on the app.

I put it  in our reservation (a TA can add it on onesource, or call Princess as I was not able to find where to do it on the website now). We also talked with Passenger Services about upgrading our sons' from an inside once we boarded, but decided against it, however, we realized that their cabin was a 4 person which had the bunks right above their beds, so we still asked if they could move over 1 cabin. When we never heard back, we went back to Passenger Services, and they asked us, again, if we were celebrating anything, and we told them. That is when the wine appeared, then later the rose petals.

8 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

I put it  in our reservation (a TA can add it on onesource, or call Princess as I was not able to find where to do it on the website now). We also talked with Passenger Services about upgrading our sons' from an inside once we boarded, but decided against it, however, we realized that their cabin was a 4 person which had the bunks right above their beds, so we still asked if they could move over 1 cabin. When we never heard back, we went back to Passenger Services, and they asked us, again, if we were celebrating anything, and we told them. That is when the wine appeared, then later the rose petals.

We sail on March 6.  Her birthday is March 7.  I'll check in with Passenger Services as soon as we get settled.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The no charge celebration includes the door poster a cake in the DR for dinner and singing if you want it. In the covid era there may.not be singing. You don't order this. It comes I think you will get a card in your cabin. No wines. The only time we received wine was for our 500th day on board.

I didn’t get a door poster in December. They did do the singing and cake.