Oasis Chartered Cruise During Covid…Do they have to Follow the same Covid Protocols?

BennyBrun

On 1/20/2022 at 12:39 AM, dswallow said:

So, short of all the crazy speculative fiction going on in places like here, so far, nothing is really particularly problematic.  Yeah, plenty of stuff is going on aboard some people here on in the general public may not particularly like to know about. But that's hardly anybody's problem but the people having opinions about things they're not involved in at all; kinda a common problem among busy-bodies/Americans in general, I suppose.

You're right but it's also a big spider web. I was originally booked on this cruise before it was chartered. I switched to Symphony, which was canceled by Royal for reasons unclear. So while these folks are having fun partying on Oasis, my Royal Caribbean cruise vacation two weeks ago was canceled due to Covid stuff. Maybe there is no direct link between my problems and anyone else's, but it still bugs me to see this going on while I was ready and willing to cruise with all of the masking and distancing restrictions.

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Pratique said:

You're right but it's also a big spider web. I was originally booked on this cruise before it was chartered. I switched to Symphony, which was canceled by Royal for reasons unclear. So while these folks are having fun partying on Oasis, my Royal Caribbean cruise vacation two weeks ago was canceled due to Covid stuff. Maybe there is no direct link between my problems and anyone else's, but it still bugs me to see this going on while I was ready and willing to cruise with all of the masking and distancing restrictions.

That really sucks.  I can imagine this probably feels like they had already stuck a knife in your back and now they’re twisting the knife causing more pain  😰

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, D4 said:

That really sucks.  I can imagine this probably feels like they had already stuck a knife in your back and now they’re twisting the knife causing more pain  😰

You're not kidding. When the cruise was chartered, Royal sent me an email that ended up in spam, so I didn't see it. When Royal realized that too many guests had not responded to the offer to rebook by the deadline, they figured out that the emails went into lots of spam folders and offered to extend the price protection deal for another week. Then I still had to fight with them to get on Symphony, which was not one of the price protected options that worked with my schedule.

Then after agonizing whether to go or cancel, we decided to go. As we were about to head to the airport (literally dragging suitcases out to the car), Royal canceled our cruise with less than 24 hours' notice. No chance for us to rebook at the last minute.

Now waiting indefinitely for the promised refunds and FCCs. The whole thing stinks for me. But I guess that's my problem. lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

You're not kidding. When the cruise was chartered, Royal sent me an email that ended up in spam, so I didn't see it. When Royal realized that too many guests had not responded to the offer to rebook by the deadline, they figured out that the emails went into lots of spam folders and offered to extend the price protection deal for another week. Then I still had to fight with them to get on Symphony, which was not one of the price protected options that worked with my schedule.

Then after agonizing whether to go or cancel, we decided to go. As we were about to head to the airport (literally dragging suitcases out to the car), Royal canceled our cruise with less than 24 hours' notice. No chance for us to rebook at the last minute.

Now waiting indefinitely for the promised refunds and FCCs. The whole thing stinks for me. But I guess that's my problem. lol

UGH

😔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Wow!!! That can definitely be frustrating since you put so much effort into it and then cancelled at the last minute.  So sorry to hear that!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Wow!!! That can definitely be frustrating since you put so much effort into it and then cancelled at the last minute.  So sorry to hear that!

This pandemic is not Royal's fault, obviously, neither is it Royal's fault that mid-January was the only time I could take a week of vacation. But seeing what's going on aboard Oasis this week is really not helping my disposition. Yes, I need a vacation. 😄 And a drink. 🍹 Don't we all.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, D4 said:

knife and pain?  It's a cruise not surgery

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orangelime said:

Officially, someone on the Facebook group yesterday said that "Caption made an announcement today. 2 passengers and some crew tested positive." They did not specify what they meant by "some crew."

Same thing this week on Brilliance and there are 900 people onboard, social distanced. 

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

knife and pain?  It's a cruise not surgery

Cruise planned two years in advance. Unlike others here I have not been able to cruise since 2019.

I guess it's my problem that it all went south for me. But thanks for the sympathy (not that I am expecting any).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Cruise planned two years in advance. Unlike others here I have not been able to cruise since 2019.

I guess it's my problem that it all went south for me. But thanks for the sympathy (not that I am expecting any).

You have my sympathy.  It takes a lot to plan a cruise and get excited about it, add in the pre cruise testing jitters it can get stressful.  To have it cancelled as you are putting luggage in the car is terrible.  Hopefully you will get on another cruise soon!!!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You have my sympathy.  It takes a lot to plan a cruise and get excited about it, add in the pre cruise testing jitters it can get stressful.  To have it cancelled as you are putting luggage in the car is terrible.  Hopefully you will get on another cruise soon!!!

Thank you, as soon as the FCCs come in we will start the process over again, hopefully for a late spring cruise. And put this behind us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kruzerci said:

The cruise compasses are listing these party events as activities and nobody is enforcing the social distancing rules and capacity limitations that they are on traditional cruises. I'm not going to continue to argue with you. You clearly want the blame to lie primarily on the group. Yes the group is partially to blame, but Royal is not doing what they would do an a traditional cruise to stop it. Period. 

These are not traditional cruising people who are much more likely to not abide by the rules. I quoted one guy and that says it all. If you don’t want to see that then that’s on you. Are you on this cruise because it sure sounds like it. It’s a free for all on these cruises and there is nothing Royal can do about it. It seems there are plenty of other of people on here who agree with me so that should tell you something. 🙄

How many drug overdoses and other related issues have there already been? I’m guessing you have seen the post that someone copied and pasted from one of their forums. Why would someone post that others should quit posting what is going on on this Oasis cruise if they knew it was wrong? 

You keep saying Royal isn’t doing what they are supposed to do. Exactly how are they supposed to control these crowds? I’m sure Royal can use your expertise help. 🙄

Edited by ReneeFLL

@kruzerci

You might want to read the rest of this link by the medical team hired by Atlantis and what they had to say. This is in no way your normal cruisers or the medical team wouldn’t be saying this.. They have to point out some things which is pretty sad.

http://www.back2stonewall.com/2022/01/death-reported-on-atlantis-events-gay-cruise.html?fbclid=IwAR0W0EBUdYZTDVkO4t2hal9vJU8syDZvA2VdzCsizPPljk3P8e7Q9fmTXgc

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Just to confirm- Atlantis always books the full ship for a chartered cruise, right?  While I definitely have no problem with their lifestyle choices, but think the crowding w/ constant loud partying wouldn’t be a good match for me 🙂

In my defense- what I meant by “lifestyle choice” was drugs, cramming together at big dance parties, loud music.  I didn’t mean anything else.  Sorry if I offended anyone 😞

• Like 3

I would send every damn link showing what’s going on to someone who will make sure it’s blasted to the masses. This is crazy. The pics, comments, etc.   and don’t leave out Oceania Regatta swingers cruise in March. I am not done with my phone calls, etc on that one. I’ve worked too hard and save too long for this vacation, got my stinking shots, and now I have to worry about traveling on this ship one week after orgy fest infecting the crew and ruining our trip!   

• Like 7