Flexible Cancellation Policy - Extended Dates Again

zelker

HAL just extended the Flexible Cancellation Policy dates again ... 

(link:  Flexible Cancellation | Holland America Line)

Book a cruise by March 31, 2022 (that departs through September 30, 2022) and you can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure and automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit with our Flexible Cancellation. Additionally, you may cancel up to your sailing date if you test positive for COVID-19 and will also receive a Future Cruise Credit.

Eligible Bookings Meet The Following Criteria:

1. For cruise bookings made by March 31, 2022
  2. Cruise embarking through September 30, 2022
  3. Booking cancelled no less than 30 days prior to embarkation date. Or within 30 days of embarkation if you test positive for COVID-19.

Within 30 days and up until your embarkation date, you may still receive a Future Cruise Credit if you, or someone in your immediate travel party, tests positive for COVID-19.

You will receive an email notification when your Future Cruise Credit is applied to your Mariner number.

The Future Cruise Credit is calculated based on the cancellation fees retained by Holland America Line from our Cancellation Policy. Your Future Cruise Credit will be in the amount of non-refundable fees and the remainder will be refunded to back to you via your method of payment

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We have a European cruise booked for Jul 2022, our final payment date is Apr 2022.  We're starting to think about maybe cancelling. We have not received the notice from HAL about the Flexible Cancellation Policy. Was this notice sent out to everyone?? Thanks for the heads up I'll contact HAL. 

I just did an August booking yesterday and was told about this program.  The HAL PCC told me that if I cancelled prior to 30 days I would have one year to use my FCC.  I have not seen this in writing though - she said it was on the Holland America website, but we all know how hard it is to find this type of information on it!

1 minute ago, zelker said:

Within 1 year of them being issued from what I read in the Terms and Conditions.

I just found this on the HAL website - now I am really confused!:

"COVID-19 Protection Program FCCs may be used toward any cruise booking made by and sailing on or before December 31, 2022."

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

We have a European cruise booked for Jul 2022, our final payment date is Apr 2022.  We're starting to think about maybe cancelling. We have not received the notice from HAL about the Flexible Cancellation Policy. Was this notice sent out to everyone?? Thanks for the heads up I'll contact HAL. 

It wasn’t sent out; I was looking on their website and noticed it.

43 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I just found this on the HAL website - now I am really confused!:

"COVID-19 Protection Program FCCs may be used toward any cruise booking made by and sailing on or before December 31, 2022."

Click on this link to get to the newly updated Flexible Cancellation Policy.  Then scroll to the very bottom of the page and you'll see the T&Cs.  I pasted them below - Bolding/Highlighting is mine.

Terms & Conditions

Flexible Cancellation available for Holland America Line cruises sailing on or before September 30, 2022 ("Eligible Cruise").  This policy applies to new and existing bookings made on or before March 31, 2022, for Holland America Line sailings on or before September 30, 2022. Guests may cancel up to 30 days before the Eligible Cruise’s embarkation for any reason and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) in the amount of any applicable cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method. Within 30 days of embarkation, guests may cancel and receive the FCC if they or someone in their immediate travel party tests positive for  COVID-19. Book by March 31, 2022 to qualify for the FCC benefit in lieu of paying cancellation fees. Cruises through May 31, 2022 have a 60-day final payment window. Cruises sailing June 1, 2022 and later retain their published final payment date. Outside of payment 1, standard cancelation policies apply. FCC value shall be determined by the actual non-refundable cancellation fees for the Eligible Cruise's booking, less any amount refunded in the form of original payment. Cancellation Protection Plan or Platinum Cancellation Protection Plan ("CPP"/"CPPP") premiums and reimbursed amounts shall not be included in the value of the FCC. Once verified and processed, the FCC will be applied to the consumer’s Mariner number. If consumer does not have a Mariner number, Holland America Line will create a Mariner number for the consumer. Consumer must use the FCC towards a future Holland America Line cruise that is booked by and sails within 12 months of the date of issue. FCC may be subject to additional terms and conditions as provided by Holland America Line and may not be used for deposits, taxes, fees, or port expenses, or CPP/CPPP. The value of the FCC and the Offer are non-transferrable, are not redeemable for cash, and have no cash value. May not be combined with any other offers. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice.  Any promotion or offer available during or with the Eligible Cruise booking shall not apply to the subsequent booking. May be subject to additional terms and conditions.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Zelker - that is perfect!  THANKS!  I will copy it and put in my cruise file, just in case.  Things change all the time with HAL, so one needs to have backup IMO.

Oops - I forgot to include the link for the updated policy - it's in my first post but here it is again:

Flexible Cancellation | Holland America Line)

Then scroll down to the very bottom of this page to find the T&Cs.

Just now, surfone said:

It will take up to 60 to 90 days for refund.  I booked back in June.  Surprised they are even sailing at about 25 percent.  Can't be profitable.  

I mean, how did you manage to get a full refund when you're this close to the embarkation date?

Just now, zelker said:

I mean, how did you manage to get a full refund when you're this close to the embarkation date?

I read someone else did the same on a post a few days ago. they had no insurance.  I called asked to cancel and was put on hold for 10 minutes.  I think due to the current COVID surge they are allowing this for short time  IMO    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lderochi said:

Oh good! Thank you for posting. This makes me feel *slightly* better about our May Alaska cruise. The previous April 30 cutoff was concerning, especially with the final payment date approaching.?

You might want to check but according to the Terms & Conditions I posted above, it says:

Cruises through May 31, 2022 have a 60-day final payment window.

12 minutes ago, lderochi said:

Oh good! Thank you for posting. This makes me feel *slightly* better about our May Alaska cruise. The previous April 30 cutoff was concerning, especially with the final payment date approaching.?

Like I said I was surprised but think this may be  short term.  Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

I am wondering myself.    I know the Canadian authorities have pledged to allow the cruises out of Vancouver this summer.

Current protocols to enter Canada require a negative PCR test within 72 hours and fully vacinated.

United States require a negative antigen within 48 hours to reenter if by plane.

Given the current situation, how are the ships going to be able to operate round trip cruises out of vancouver?

What is the protocol for the Southbound ships from the Anchorage area.   2000-3000 passengers or more  (if full capacity) will need negative PCR before disembarking in Vancouver.  

What is going to be the rule for those testing positive ?  Let them fly back to the US.   The US authorities will not allow them to board the flights.   Qurantine ?

Unless this last spike subsides,  I am not sure the Canadian authorities and logistics will allow it.

They are keeping quiet.   The current border rules, (not complaining, it is just reality), will make things hard.

Edited by ScoutDiver

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

The potential Canadian rules for this season tipped the scales for us to sail out of Seattle this summer.  Less hassle I figure.  

Our feelings, too!  We went back and forth for a Family Cruise on Kdam out of Vancouver or sail from Seattle.  Seattle won!   We’re not willing to go through the hassle or if Canada decides they don’t want the Ships and the Cruise gets cancelled.  

2 hours ago, ScoutDiver said:

I am wondering myself.    I know the Canadian authorities have pledged to allow the cruises out of Vancouver this summer.
Current protocols to enter Canada require a negative PCR test within 72 hours and fully vacinated.

Given the current situation, how are the ships going to be able to operate round trip cruises out of Vancouver?

I don't  know the answer, but  Holland America continues to advertise and accept bookings ($$$) for Vancouver sailings. The Pollyanna in me wants to believe that both sides are in  talks/negotiations with one another to make it work.

Edited by Boatdrill

1 hour ago, idiebabe said:

Our feelings, too!  We went back and forth for a Family Cruise on Kdam out of Vancouver or sail from Seattle.  Seattle won!   We’re not willing to go through the hassle or if Canada decides they don’t want the Ships and the Cruise gets cancelled.  

Won't that require the waiver of the PVSA rules for another year? Seattle cruises need to stop in Victoria, I think, without the waiver.