Flexible Cancellation Policy - Extended Dates Again

zelker

27 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

That is the point! I sent the link and wording to my TA. He spoke with HAL & supervisors twice, referring to the new policy. HAL restated that the final payment for our 5/15/22 sailing is 2/14/22!

HAL is consistently refusing to change our final payment to agree with their policy stated online.

That's not right.  I wouldn't give up - and hope your TA won't either.  Good luck.

Adding:  Did you try to do a dummy booking and see what it shows for final payment date?

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizer Diana said:

That is the point! I sent the link and wording to my TA. He spoke with HAL & supervisors twice, referring to the new policy. HAL restated that the final payment for our 5/15/22 sailing is 2/14/22!

HAL is consistently refusing to change our final payment to agree with their policy stated online.

Wow,  HAL shoots itself in the foot,   We’ve had similar situations.  I wish their shore side service mirrored that onboard.   

don’t give up, but DO find out if there is any change in penalty’s to go along with change in final payment.  IIRC they have changed final payment in the past but not the penalties. That’s a dealbreaker for us!

2 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@Cruizer Diana Try going on HAL website into your booking and click on make a payment. The accurate final payment date will be listed. 

Since I have a travel agent, that information is not available to me online.  You have to call them and ask.

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Since I have a travel agent, that information is not available to me online.  You have to call them and ask.

That is correct. There is a message on the booking saying that I must go through my TA for payments /payment information.

Someone suggested a dummy booking, but it looks like you have to enter personal info to get to the final payment page.

The other issue is that there is a FlightEase payment also due 2/14/22. Based on a conversation the TA had about cancelling our Hawaii cruise, waiving penalties for changing or cancelling a cruise after final payment does not apply to flights.

So, the simple solution will be to cancel both the cruise and the flights and re-book closer. By the way, the prices are dropping on that particular cruise. So, we will probably get an even better deal on the cruise; who knows about the SEA-AMS-SEA flight. 

Edited by Cruizer Diana

Just now, SUESEABE said:

@StLouisCruisersIf I'm not mistaken I believe it is. Even if you use a TA you receive a booking # and you can use this to enter the website and check on your booking. I use a PCC now but used to use a TA and I was able to use my booking# to enter website to check my booking.

You can look at your booking but you cannot look at anything financial once it's turned over to a TA.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

Wow,  HAL shoots itself in the foot,   We’ve had similar situations.  I wish their shore side service mirrored that onboard.   

don’t give up, but DO find out if there is any change in penalty’s to go along with change in final payment.  IIRC they have changed final payment in the past but not the penalties. That’s a dealbreaker for us!

That is a very good point! I have had that happen on either HAL or Azamara--not sure which. The penalties did kick in before the final payment. That does matter!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cruizer Diana said:

I noticed the payment change online a few days ago. Our TA spoke with HAL twice in the last two days and they insist that our 5/15/22 cruise to Norway still has the 90-day final payment requirement of 2/14/22. He checked with two supervisors. They won't budge. I don't get it!

We will cancel if they won't change the date to align with their current policy. We've recently had to jump through too many hoops and worry about last-minute protocol changes to pay 90 days out.

5 hours ago, secondtime said:

We also have a May cruise in Norway.  I checked my booking information online and the final payment date has been changed from February 21 to March 23.

We are on the 5/15 Volendam sailing. Doing a new, dummy booking on the HAL website shows final payment date of 4/14.

FYI - The price is the same as our current booking when I choose the cabin next to ours. The guarantee cabin price is lower.

15 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

We are on the 5/15 Volendam sailing. Doing a new, dummy booking on the HAL website shows final payment date of 4/14.

FYI - The price is the same as our current booking when I choose the cabin next to ours. The guarantee cabin price is lower.

Wow! That is a great final payment date. I'll have my TA call HAL again closer to the 2/14/22 date and give them the option to fix the final payment date for cruise and FlightEase or we will simply cancel and re-book. We like current cabin, but are not married to it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Wow! That is a great final payment date. I'll have my TA call HAL again closer to the 2/14/22 date and give them the option to fix the final payment date for cruise and FlightEase or we will simply cancel and re-book. We like current cabin, but are not married to it.

Oh no, so sorry!! It is 3/14😳

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 4:54 AM, zelker said:

Within 1 year of them being issued from what I read in the Terms and Conditions.

Hmm...I just reread the letter I got when we were denied boarding on 1/16/22 and at the end it says the FCC have to be used to cruise before 12/31/22. That's not very much time, less than a year. Maybe the date will be modified when I actually get the FCCs. 

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Just contacted our TA, although final payment is delayed, the penalty dates remain the same.   I really wish they would be more transparent about this.  I don’t want to lose my deposit or more to future cruise credits that expire.  

Thank you for confirming that it will cost you if you cancel after the original final payment date. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruizer Diana said:

Thank you for confirming that it will cost you if you cancel after the original final payment date. 

You’re welcome, I wish it wasn’t so,   Or they at least made it really clear.  Even our TA was confused until I kept pressing and she contacted HAL

Just now, bennybear said:

You’re welcome, I wish it wasn’t so,   Or they at least made it really clear.  Even our TA was confused until I kept pressing and she contacted HAL

Something else I wished wasn't so is that if, after "final payment," you move your cruise to a different date, you may not have any/much penalty for the cruise, but you lose your entire FlightEase air payment. The flight is automatically cancelled--not moved. So much for booking FlightEase to be safe. It doesn't pay to support the cruise lines by booking early and standing by them.

• Thanks 1

Assuming current cancellation penalties are the deposit between days 76-90 and 50% between days 61-75 and final payment is at day 60, what would happen if I canceled the cruise before final payment but after day 75 (i.e. between days 61 and 75)?   HAL has my deposit and would not refund that, but how would they get the rest of the 50% penalty?  Charge my card?  Bill me?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seattlecruiser said:

Assuming current cancellation penalties are the deposit between days 76-90 and 50% between days 61-75 and final payment is at day 60, what would happen if I canceled the cruise before final payment but after day 75 (i.e. between days 61 and 75)?   HAL has my deposit and would not refund that, but how would they get the rest of the 50% penalty?  Charge my card?  Bill me?

I've been wondering the same thing since the 60-day final payment change started. Guess we will have to hear from someone who did cancel between 61 and 75...🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I just checked with my PCC with HAL and was told the deposit is refundable up until final payment date 59 days prior to cruise.   

Maybe it depends on the cruise but for ours it’s after 91 days, just like we were sent originally.  
I would ask for that in writing, that’s when I found out it wasn’t refundable.

32 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Maybe it depends on the cruise but for ours it’s after 91 days, just like we were sent originally.  
I would ask for that in writing, that’s when I found out it wasn’t refundable.

I have the email that I will print and keep stating such.   Keep in mind it might be one of those things where depending who you talk to, you may get a variety of answers, unfortunately. 

31 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I have the email that I will print and keep stating such.   Keep in mind it might be one of those things where depending who you talk to, you may get a variety of answers, unfortunately. 

Good idea as the website is not clear,

43 minutes ago, seattlecruiser said:

This is the only thing I could find on HALs website.    But I have no idea what "outside of payment 1" means.

551580253_Image1-25-22at3_48PM.jpeg.5469eb0fd6a1f12a7590d2f8445f9cd1.jpeg

Plus one!   Is That the deposit?

I also don’t like that the FCC has to be used and sail by in one year.