ccl stock benefit

greener

On 3/4/2022 at 11:14 AM, tkwbear said:

Carnival knows who their stock holders are. They should just do a query when you book instead of making their customers jump through hoops.

Actually, they do not know who most of their stockholders are.

They do know if you have the stock certificate or if the stock is held by CCL Corp in your name.

But when you buy securities through a brokerage firm, most firms will automatically put your securities into "street name." This means your brokerage firm will hold your securities in its name or another nominee and not in your name, but your firm will keep records showing you as the real or "beneficial owner." You will not get a certificate, but will receive an account statement from your broker on at least a quarterly and annual basis showing your holdings. So the brokerage knows you own the shares, but CCL Corp does not.

• Like 4

Easy to focus on the OBC but stop to realize that if 100 shares drops 2 points you just lost $200 for an onboard credit.  in the last month from 24 to 17 on 100 shares you loose $700 this does not mean you might not make a bunch but realize that this stock is volatile at the moment

10 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

Easy to focus on the OBC but stop to realize that if 100 shares drops 2 points you just lost $200 for an onboard credit.  in the last month from 24 to 17 on 100 shares you loose $700 this does not mean you might not make a bunch but realize that this stock is volatile at the moment

That loss is only theoretical until you sell the stock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, Ombud said:

I use 1-800-872-6779×30317

Did you just enter that extension from the main menu?  When I tried it at work, it disconnected me and now from home I get a fast busy signal.  Thanks! 

I tried the phone number TODAY as well - its the number from the Corporate SB info sheet. 

It hung up on me too.  I tried many times. 

As I'm 13 days to my cruise, I figured I'd follow up today.  Phoned 1-800-Princess.   

Sat on hold for 53 minutes, got a Princess rep who was new.   

She reached out to SB,  and was sent the notification that they are behind and doing them as fast as they can prioritizing cruises within 14 days.   I pointed out I was 13 days. 

She had no other advice other than to wait until the end of the week and call back Saturday.  I thanked her and hung up. 

Simultaneously I was in a twitter chat with Princess asking for an alternate phone extension for the one they hung up on me on.    The twitter rep looked up my booking number and about a 1/2 hour later confirmed they'd added the SB to my cruise.   I checked, and it was listed under "credits" on the personalizer.   

So.....   I got it, but it took quite a bit of effort.   

• Like 2

Just now, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Extension 30317 is no longer in service.  Dial the aforementioned number.  Connect with an operator and ask to speak to someone regarding shareholder benefits.  Get set for a long wait once you have been transferred.

Tried that too.  Was in an endless loop that said "stay on the line for help" then "sorry I didn't get that try again" then finally hung up on me.    

Doesn't work.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

Extension 30317 is no longer in service.  Dial the aforementioned number.  Connect with an operator and ask to speak to someone regarding shareholder benefits.  Get set for a long wait once you have been transferred.

Will delete from my saved numbers. 😔

We normally book two cabins, with my wife and daughter assigned to one and myself and son in the other. (Since Princess won't allow minors to be assigned to a cabin without an adult)

Does anyone know if I purchase 100 shares in a stock account jointly owned with my wife can we get the OBC for both cabins? 

53 minutes ago, Slowingdog said:

We normally book two cabins, with my wife and daughter assigned to one and myself and son in the other. (Since Princess won't allow minors to be assigned to a cabin without an adult)

Does anyone know if I purchase 100 shares in a stock account jointly owned with my wife can we get the OBC for both cabins? 

I believe people have done that. Though I would not make the 2 requests together or even at the same time.

5 hours ago, Slowingdog said:

There does come an age where they do allow it as long as the cabins are right across from one another or beside. 
I think 1 kid has to be 16? 
I can’t recall exactly but I know we did do it. 

found it:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/onboard/cruising-with-family/

Guests under the age of 21 need to travel in a stateroom with a guest 21 years or older who will assume responsibility for them during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each guest is 16, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. 

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 1:32 PM, Astro Flyer said:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

After I waited over a month with no response to my mailed in information, I used this email. After a week I got tired of waiting, so I called and was warned that it could be hours before someone in that department answered.

They weren't kidding. Between the first call that had me on hold 15 minutes, and the transfer, it was 3 HOURS. The lady was nice and apologetic. I told her the date and time I had emailed them at the above address. She found the email and credited me $250 immediately. 

I suppose I should be happy because I spent 5 HOURS on the phone (multiple calls) last week to get my former Baltic cruise canceled with a full refund. My travel agent tells me it's no easier for them.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 12:39 AM, norwane said:

I just booked a cruise on Princess that leaves in a couple of weeks.  😀 I have Carnival stock.  What information do I need to prove I own stock?  Given the time frame, will they give it to me??  Also, my roommate, is retired military, are there potential benefits for her?

TIA!

Not just for retired, for any US or Canadian veteran, Also unlike the stock, military benefits stay in their file forever so they don't have to apply for it in further cruises.