Dress and wine

jcool

Formal night is not strict with regard to being formal. Normal dining room rules apply. 

You can bring on two bottles of wine per room (assuming adults in the room), and you have to carry them on. 

formal night is now called dress your best and it's optional. If dressing your best is black leggings and a tunic top then you're all set. As noted above wine is 2 bottles per stateroom in your carry-on. However, have your cabin mate go through port security in a different line with 2 bottles, they don't know who is together. Then you'll have 4 bottles in your room.

• Like 2

They may or may not charge a corkage fee if wine is opened in a public spot like a restaurant. But I haven’t been charged a corkage fee is a very long time. Rccl is currently very casual even on dress your best.

Edited by George C

This is good to hear as hubby was starting to complain about "dressing up." Our last cruise was on Celebrity and Smart Casual was great for him.   He will probably just bring a dress shirt (no tie) and his Dockers.

9 hours ago, jcool said:

And how strict is formal night do I really have to dress up?  

You see a wide range of clothing. But every year, it gets more casual. And more folks wearing shorts on "formal nights". Stich can wear his dockers and a polo shirt and be slightly over dressed. 

8 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

formal night is now called dress your best and it's optional. If dressing your best is black leggings and a tunic top then you're all set. As noted above wine is 2 bottles per stateroom in your carry-on. However, have your cabin mate go through port security in a different line with 2 bottles, they don't know who is together. Then you'll have 4 bottles in your room.

Great info!

On 1/19/2022 at 10:00 PM, shofer said:

This is good to hear as hubby was starting to complain about "dressing up." Our last cruise was on Celebrity and Smart Casual was great for him.   He will probably just bring a dress shirt (no tie) and his Dockers.

That is what I wear.  I toss in a tie, just in case.  And depending on how I feel a blazer just to have it.

One cruise we got invited to dine with the Staff Captain and I was glad I had a tie and blazer along. 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SRF said:

That is what I wear.  I toss in a tie, just in case.  And depending on how I feel a blazer just to have it.

One cruise we got invited to dine with the Staff Captain and I was glad I had a tie and blazer along. 😄

I was surprised on how casual everyone dressed on my edge cruise in July, I agree  will always at least pack a jacket, I don’t wear ties anymore.

I usually do wear a sportcoat or blazer on formal nights.  I sometimes wear one on casual nights.  The extra pockets can come in quite handy (especially now that I need my readers more often than not!)

Ties, not so much.