First Regent cruise - Splendor Penthouse Suite

pnsnkr

Hello community,

We are booked in suite 723 PH-B on Splendor TA cruise out of Miami.  This is our first time trying out Regent and have a few questions after searching posts on this board.

Our Regent rep mentioned that as PH guests, we can order in-suite dinner from specialty restaurants during posted dinner hours.  Is this correct or are we limited to Compass Rose menus? If it's correct, can we pick each course from different restaurants?

With quite a few sea days, we will try out specialty restaurants for lunch as well.  Are there recent lunch menus available for specialty restaurants?

Another stated benefit is free laundry service.  Will we be able to make use of it more than once during the cruise, say twice?  

What should we expect from Butler service in PH category?

As first time Regent PH cruisers, are there perks - advertised or otherwise - that we should be aware of?

Thanks

You are in for a treat! You can get room service from any of the specialty restaurants as well as from Compass Rose and from the room service menu. You cannot get different courses from different restaurants at one meal.

With at least 24 hours notice, you can get a customized menu. Last month on the Explorer, we asked our butler to bring us his recommendations for an Indian feast … it was one of the best meals we have ever had. Another night, we requested baked clams and steamed clams. If they have the ingredients, you’ll have your request.

Your butler can make reservations for you and help with any issues you need addressed in your suite. He will also handle room service and the canopies that are served before dinner. The canopy menu is in your suite and be prepared to enjoy. He can also get a bottle (or two) of wine for your suite.

3FDE2991-2FF5-4D10-939A-AF5FBD97D6BE.thumb.jpeg.5dbd3d03e647814656aa79955e669d2d.jpeg

I don’t have copies of the specialty restaurant lunches but I can tell you that they are very good. There’s always a few specials of the day along with the regular items. Be sure to get the dessert sampler at Prime 7.

222848D3-C9DD-4685-8AA5-76ED7FF88FB9.thumb.jpeg.17083d78326157cf3078819ff99b9807.jpeg

Yes, you can have more than one round of laundry! Be sure to order the spaghetti puttanesca.

E302204F-01E5-44BF-A4EC-77852B79BE22.jpeg

Edited by kjbacon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

You are in for a treat! You can get room service from any of the specialty restaurants as well as from Compass Rose and from the room service menu. You cannot get different courses from different restaurants at one meal.

With at least 24 hours notice, you can get a customized menu. Last month on the Explorer, we asked our butler to bring us his recommendations for an Indian feast … it was one of the best meals we have ever had. Another night, we requested baked clams and steamed clams. If they have the ingredients, you’ll have your request.

Your butler can make reservations for you and help with any issues you need addressed in your suite. He will also handle room service and the canopies that are served before dinner. The canopy menu is in your suite and be prepared to enjoy. He can also get a bottle (or two) of wine for your suite.

3FDE2991-2FF5-4D10-939A-AF5FBD97D6BE.thumb.jpeg.5dbd3d03e647814656aa79955e669d2d.jpeg

I don’t have copies of the specialty restaurant lunches but I can tell you that they are very good. There’s always a few specials of the day along with the regular items. Be sure to get the dessert sampler at Prime 7.

222848D3-C9DD-4685-8AA5-76ED7FF88FB9.thumb.jpeg.17083d78326157cf3078819ff99b9807.jpeg

Yes, you can have more than one round of laundry! Be sure to order the spaghetti puttanesca.

E302204F-01E5-44BF-A4EC-77852B79BE22.jpeg

Thank you very much for the detailed response with amazing food pictures and recommendations.

We'd already planned to try the custom menu and so it's really great to know that the Indian food was very good.  Our quest for the mean vindaloo continues.

I agree with most of what kjbacon said. One correction. Only passengers in a Grand, Master or Regent Suite may order room service from any of the specialty restaurants. IIRC, kjbacon was in a Master Suite. We were on the same cruise in an Explorer Suite and could only order from the Compass Rose menu in addition to the regular room service menu. 

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveFr said:

I agree with most of what kjbacon said. One correction. Only passengers in a Grand, Master or Regent Suite may order room service from any of the specialty restaurants. IIRC, kjbacon was in a Master Suite. We were on the same cruise in an Explorer Suite and could only order from the Compass Rose menu in addition to the regular room service menu. 

Dave

Bummer.  Crystal Cruises ( RIP ) had this perk available for all suite categories.  Oh well, we shall enjoy Compass Rose in-suite dining.

11 minutes ago, pnsnkr said:

How extensive is the in-suite TV on-demand content?  Checking to see if we need to bring our DVD collection and player.  Do they allow/help guest to hook up DVD player to the TV?

It is OK. I bring about 700 movies with me on a laptop. No - they don't as the TV system is part of the computer system.

• Thanks 1

It was nice to read this thread! It was uplifting discussing the perks that a Penthouse provides. I like to read threads that make me smile! It is comforting to discuss the fun & rewarding aspects of cruising with Regent!

Edited by Onkel_Ken
spelling. :-)

1 minute ago, Onkel_Ken said:

It was nice to read this thread! It was uplifting discussing the perks especially the specialty restaurant Room Service that a Penthouse provides. I like to read threads that make me smile! It is comforting to discuss the fun & rewarding aspects of cruising with Regent!

Looks like the in-suite specialty restaurant perk is only for Grand Suites and above.

Compass Rose will have various selections throughout the cruise from the speciality restaurants. So you can get a taste of the speciality menus with room service. You can check menus online while deciding where you want to go. 
You can send laundry out as many times as you want. The laundry service has always been great. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Compass Rose will have various selections throughout the cruise from the speciality restaurants. So you can get a taste of the speciality menus with room service. You can check menus online while deciding where you want to go. 
You can send laundry out as many times as you want. The laundry service has always been great. 

I've never noticed daily menus online- would be great if Regent had an app that us updated daily to show this info as well as the Passages.

You can, however, view the day's menus on your in-suite TV.  I'm always on the lookout for Sette Mare Veal Osso Bucco 😋

We were in a Penthouse suite on Splendor in Nov for the TA from Barcelona.  We never ate dinner in our suite, but breakfast was lovely when we did that!  Compass Rose has a daily Chef's selection that is a 5-7 course dinner (can't remember specifically, only that I enjoyed it every time we ordered it!)  Laundry was as many times as needed, just make sure you get last one submitted in time for it to return to you!  Butler was great---brought afternoon canapes daily---he would ask in the morning or the night before what we would like from the menu in the room.  He kept the refrigerator stocked with what we wanted, too.  The Penthouse suite comes with 3 bottles of alcohol, you can pick from a selection.

Have fun!  You'll enjoy the suite.  Have a safe cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This ship is gorgeous and Penthouse B is super nice.  I don''t think in room dining from specialty restaurants is available, but you can certainly find an excellent meal from Compass Rose.  There is also the "always available"menu, too.  

Edited by WillB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for laundry, they do an excellent job and return hanging clothes in a vinyl hanging bags that you can keep.  Unlimited laundry, so you can return home with clean clothing.  Have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the PH suite, you get 3 bottles of liquor, plus your butler will fill fridge with whatever setups you like. (We picked when we were in our suite, but we received a listing before we left home.)   We had a Scotch, Gin, and Kahlua, so our set ups included tonic water, limes, and cream.  Butler kept it stocked and kept ice bucket full. 

At ports, they handed out water bottles to everyone who wanted one, which was a nice touch.  Same if you needed an umbrella.

• Like 1

I’m sorry for posting the wrong info about the in suite dining. As others have said, Compass Rose is fantastic with plenty of variety and the frequent dish from the specialty restaurants. Unless it has changed over the last few years, you can request a special menu for in suite dining. They need some notice and it has to be ingredients on hand.

The canopies are wonderful too.

5D4F2401-D425-4940-9289-E5E51F0AC248.thumb.jpeg.d6683516817a6e116406db57b61b2072.jpeg

4FE0DE50-CE3E-4B57-B238-D276DFD96213.thumb.jpeg.a4438f0398297bceb5f17aad67b4f2ab.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

In the PH suite, you get 3 bottles of liquor, plus your butler will fill fridge with whatever setups you like. (We picked when we were in our suite, but we received a listing before we left home.)   We had a Scotch, Gin, and Kahlua, so our set ups included tonic water, limes, and cream.  Butler kept it stocked and kept ice bucket full. 

At ports, they handed out water bottles to everyone who wanted one, which was a nice touch.  Same if you needed an umbrella.

You can get all of this in a regular suite.  Just ask your room steward instead of a butler.

• Like 2