Denied B2B protocol?

39august

I have read of some people who were forced to leave ships for the second leg of a B2B because of testing positive for covid at the end of the first cruise. Does anyone know what happens to these people, please? I assume if they drove to the port they could drive home. What happens if they flew? Any help from Celebrity in this situation? 

Again, the protocols and guidelines are changing often.   The hotel allowance has been reduced and Celebrity is offering assistance to fly home.  About the only thing you can count on is a refund for your second cruise, transport to a hotel to quarantine,  some $$$ and Celebrity will help reschedule your flight home.  If from outside the US certainly much more complicated. 

Jeremiah, I don't understand your meaning of "not by default". I understand quarantine period is covered by Celebrity. I thought the second cruise was entirely refunded, Air by Celebrity included.  No chance of renting a car and driving home?

Edited by 39august

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The hotel allowance has been reduced and Celebrity is offering assistance to fly home.  

I keep seeing this posted but have seen nothing to substantiate it. The last communication to TA's was still $350 a night. 

52043441_ScreenShot2022-01-11at3_31_31PM.thumb.png.d3d64c6947c27c44183f378318ef7297.png

10 minutes ago, 39august said:

Jeremiah, I don't understand your meaning of "not by default". I understand quarantine period is covered by Celebrity. I thought the second cruise was entirely refunded, Air by Celebrity included.  No chance of renting a car and driving home?

You would get a refund for the cruise fare and costs covered until your isolation period is up. So if you were denied boarding a 10 day cruise but land isolation ends on day 3, Celebrity stops covering your hotel costs on day 3. They will not cover hotel costs for the entire duration of the second cruise that you were not allowed to board.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

How so? 

Because of Covid testing requirements.   False positives and some tests will detect extremely low levels of the virus for up to a month.

Several threads of those that were quarantined reported hotel reimbursement of $150.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Jeremiah, OK,  I understand. Always glad to see your posts as I know you are a TA and know what you are talking about. Interesting that your communication from X shows the $350 hotel allowance. Am I correct that there is no further testing required here in the US after quarantine time  is fulfilled?  And is this all part of the CWC that has been extended thru' Sept. 2022?

17 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I keep seeing this posted but have seen nothing to substantiate it. The last communication to TA's was still $350 a night.

Cruisers in/out of Florida ports have provided photos here of X documents showing either $150 or $350 numbers.

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

Jeremiah, OK,  I understand. Always glad to see your posts as I know you are a TA and know what you are talking about. Interesting that your communication from X shows the $350 hotel allowance. Am I correct that there is no further testing required here in the US after quarantine time  is fulfilled?  And is this all part of the CWC that has been extended thru' Sept. 2022?

Glad to help where I can. CWC is specifically the element that lets you cancel 48hrs from sailing. The part that covers your isolation costs on land, medical costs, refund if testing positive 14 days from sailing etc. is the COVID-19 Assistance Policy that currently only runs through April 30, 2022. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Cruisers in/out of Florida ports have provided photos here of X documents showing either $150 or $350 numbers.

I'd be very willing to go to bat for someone to argue the reimbursement at $350/night. If the ship created a letter stating $150 I can easily counter that with items from corporate that continually say $350.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Read again very carefully the statement about reimbursement of accommodations and meals.

The  amounts are modified by the clause "Up to a Limit  of" and then the dollar amount.

This means one may not obtain the maximum amount allowed.

I would not be surprised if the amount was not prorated based on the type of cabin booked and cruise fare paid.

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Read again very carefully the statement about reimbursement of accommodations and meals.

The  amounts are modified by the clause "Up to a Limit  of" and then the dollar amount.

This means one may not obtain the maximum amount allowed.

I would not be surprised if the amount was not prorated based on the type of cabin booked and cruise fare paid.

That has nothing to do with it. They will reimburse your lodging costs up to $350 per night. There are no caveats involved. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That has nothing to do with it. They will reimburse your lodging costs up to $350 per night. There are no caveats involved. 

Indeed.  The $150 vs. $350 letters people got in their cabins didn't seem to correspond at all to cabin class.  We figured that out some weeks ago.