Covid testing for entry to england ends

ehogan

As of February 11, covid testing will no longer be required for entry to England if double vaxed.  Bodes  well for our cruise from England next year.  However for us we would need all testing to end as well.  Still hoping.

Saw this on CTV  and BBC news.  Sorry I dont know how to present a link here.

• Thanks 1

As of a few days ago there “maybe” fines for vaccinated Canadians coming home positive and England is soon to be dropping testing for all vaccinated. A vaccinated person could enter in their infectious state and they are not worried; no testing, no isolation, no possible testing upon arrival. Mask mandates are already dropped there. 

I think our masks mandates will be dropped before testing to arrive in Canada will. I do not see it happening here any time in the near future at our nation’s approach, but would 100% love to be wrong.

Finally some encouraging international news.  Interesting to see what France does as their COVID situation sort of runs parallel to the UK's.  Crap shoot for the remainder of Europe and Mediterranean. Don't think you are going to see anything occur here in Canada for another month or two.  Think you will see mask mandates until maybe summer or early fall.  As for arrival testing suspect you may see it dropped to an antigen test, maybe by late spring or early summer at the earliest, but I'm not holding my breathe on any Canadian changes.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

As of a few days ago there “maybe” fines for vaccinated Canadians coming home positive and England is soon to be dropping testing for all vaccinated. A vaccinated person could enter in their infectious state and they are not worried; no testing, no isolation, no possible testing upon arrival. Mask mandates are already dropped there. 

I think our masks mandates will be dropped before testing to arrive in Canada will. I do not see it happening here any time in the near future at our nation’s approach, but would 100% love to be wrong.

Boris needs to survive the "parytgate" scandal,  an insurrection in his own party, local elections in May and a possible national election later this year. Hmmmm, 🤔 could it be these changes are a bit politically motivated?

As for Canada, no Federal election on the horizon but in Ontario, we have a provincial election coming up in June. Come April there will be more whining coming from Ontario politicians complaining  about the Feds handling of the pandemic than there was scoring in the last two minutes of the Bills/Chiefs game the other night and that was a whole bunch of scoring! 😊

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Boris needs to survive the "parytgate" scandal,  an insurrection in his own party, local elections in May and a possible national election later this year. Hmmmm, 🤔 could it be these changes are a bit politically motivated?

As for Canada, no Federal election on the horizon but in Ontario, we have a provincial election coming up in June. Come April there will be more whining coming from Ontario politicians complaining  about the Feds handling of the pandemic than there was scoring in the last two minutes of the Bills/Chiefs game the other night and that was a whole bunch of scoring! 😊

I have absolutely no doubt any decision by politicians is always politically motivated but in this case the decision also follows the science.

Canada needs to take note and to stop treating their citizens as criminals because they travel.

Bravo to the UK! 

• Like 2

I'm booked on a TA crossing that disembarks at Southampton UK  in early May. Not sure whether to be elated at the prospect of freedom to do whatever in the UK, or troubled at the prospect of a mask-free, sloppy free-for-all.  Planning on taking a large stash of KN95s along for the ride. 

• Like 3